Syndicate the witcher card game - are you happy with the way the game is?

+
Well the community and all the players already know in the last few months SY was always on top.

Since the creation of Cleaver and than the rework in Horeson SY its the best faction, change sometimes to Lined Pockets being the best deck and in one month it was pirate cove (seasonal of viper) and in other month it was jackpot (seaon of magic), but even in those months Lined Pockets always was tier 1/2.

Now devs give us the official data and we can see lined pockets with a win rate in both months with almost 53%, while the others 2 deck were even highter.

In the other 2 months before those (seasonal of elf and bear) lined pockets was the second best deck in winrate.

So it has 4 months with SY dominance (or at least in second) with Lined Pockets being the best deck in overall.

Last month we dont have the data yet, but the unoficcial team's data has already put MO relicts as best deck and lined pockets in second. And, whats happens? MO gets nerfed to the ground and Lined Pockets its untouched again.

So, despite the "critical (and maybe meme) tile" of this topic, i whant to ask to players base, do you guys think the devs are doing a good work in balance the factions? Or do you think there is an obviou preference to SY, special Lined Pockets?

rrc

Forum veteran
This notion of "obvious preference to faction X" has been there almost always. When I started playing (I think should be close to 3 years back), my very first question/post in the Forum is on the then Ask Dev thread "Why you guys love SK only" (For which Burza replied that 'we don't have any partiality on any faction' or something along the line and I immediately fell in love with the forums.. where a peasant can get a response from a game dev). Shortly after HC hit, and once the artifact meta was cooldown, SK and MO dominated for many many months and most of my questions/posts were rants that the devs love SK the most.

Slowly, ST got some love and Harmony became too damn powerful due to the curse of ST Mystic Echo (due to which Water of Brokilon and Oak and all Etreal/Miruga all got nerfed and never reverted back) and Harmony was meta for several months and people by that time asked the question "Why the devs love ST so much and not nerfing Harmony". Around that time SK and MO again become too good and ST was pushed to 3rd or 4th faction. NG was in dumpster for so long. SY came and it ruled so hard so much that it was put to rest for several months.

Every time a faction is powerful, people always think the devs has a preference. You think it is SY. I would think it has always been SK. Someone would think it is MO. Someone would think it is NG. And this sentiment keeps rotating. In my knowledge ST, NR and NG has been the "why you guys love this faction this much" period very less. And SK and MO has been there for the most. SY was in dumpster after the nerfs to Hidden Cache but has been too dominant for several months now.

MO relicts have been nerfed significantly and its brother-in-arms SY hasn't been touched. It is a little strange, but this is what I think. With MO put in line, other factions will start to be playable, which can compete with SY. I think SK will be really strong in this season with the meaningful buffs to SK warriors and the nerf to MO. Even NR greedy decks can try (and fail to drill, freakshow, junor, professor) to put up a fight. ST will also have a good chance after MO is weakened. NG has been really strong in recent time and it will have its moment too.

I honestly believe that MO will still be playable, yes, even the relicts. Mamuna is still one of the most broken cards in the game. Bloody Mistress is also bloody powerful. Apprentice is still the BEST bronze in the game. Probably relicts deck will lose Caranthir and use the provisions effectively on other cards. I am just guessing. Somehow I have a feeling that this Open will have all factions represented, everyone bringing other decks with a "I will close my eyes and ban SY"

I am just guessing. Only time can tell us.

Well i agree sometimes a faction rule for some months and it might we think devs like that faction more than the others.

But i remember when SK warriors was tier 1. Every single month devs try to nerf it, but it was so strong that they couldnt nerf in only one month.

But this time its tottaly diferent. Devs didnt try to touch in SY, they let it in the way it is, wich dont make sense.

Or the official data will show us something really diferent for what we expect. In that case i will up this topic and say i was wrong

It is a little bit puzzling why SY escaped from being nerfed, despite the fact that Lined Pockets is a very good leader and the deck built to support it is insanely good. It can clear the board of your opponent while also provide occasional pointslam.

At the same time, in the not so distant past, SK Warriors had been tier 1/2 for over a year.

I don't understand why they nerfed Monsters so hard yet not a single SY card was nerfed. Last patch they nerfed Jackpot into the ground after being a good leader for a month. You can't say that you did not notice how oppressive LP SY has been this month. Even MO Relicts was not match for it in most games because of its high removal potential.

Not too long ago people were also complaining of how toxic and oppressive NG was, despite barely being tier 2 or tier 3 for a very long time.

NR was also all the rave when Shieldwall was introduced and the amount of abuse you could make with Anseis, Seltkirk and Viraxas.

I mean no unit ST eats lined pockets for breakfast so the devs think ST will counter lined pockets. Specially when relics got nerfed hard wich means an archetype that is good against ST got weakened means ST is even better.

And if ST is better lined pockets becomes worse.

So next meta will be play no unit ST or lined pockets.

Game should not revolve around brain dead SY plays that result in point overkill. I rarely ever encounter a game where my SY opponent starves for coins. It has become a very spammy faction.

Nobody knows what they're thinking. Some things get slammed immediately like those relics and sometimes they walk on eggshells for months like with SK warriors and now Pockets. But they'll get to it eventually, I believe, hopefully before a next broken thing pops up and powercreeps SY...

Top Bottom