Cut content - The Heist - The Evelyn Parker route (Video)

+
I made a post yesterday about the canned "Evelyn Parker route", and lo and behold; - today I was rewarded. Some real life modding/hacking can indeed take you a bit further... I'll try to hack into the AV and get that quest item, but otherwise I think this is a dead end (as of now).

EDIT: I managed to get into the AV:
1633355490718.png

1633355533177.png

Sadly just some exp...

1633355778269.png

Oh... on the roof I also found this...

Last edited:
If you are Corpo, V say to Jackie it's useless to think they can use Saburo's AV and even useless to think they can "drive" it (due to the security and the AI aboard). It's only for pick up Satori and the Databank.
Oh, yeah the shard "Literature" (Chrome Night Love) is a "random" shard who you can find it in many place in Night City.
So many dead ends. Lets hope we at least get a DLC (like Fallout 3) with a "proper" ending. I have no high hopes on a Cyberpunk 2, but with DLC's all promised content can at least be artificially injected trough the years. No Mans Sky was also over-promising but have as of today managed to give it's users most (if not even more).

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4412420

This isn't cut content. It's just there to explain why V can't use Saburo's AV to escape. You don't need mods to access this location, the door opens when T-bug gets killed. If this was cut content Jackie and V wouldn't have dialogue playing in the game.

A lof of people misunderstand what cut content really is and thats a big problem in cyberpunk. Just because they develop some stuff which is lets say on a side, doesnt mean that they wanted to do something more or had to remove some parts due to release date.

A lof of people misunderstand what cut content really is and thats a big problem in cyberpunk. Just because they develop some stuff which is lets say on a side, doesnt mean that they wanted to do something more or had to remove some parts due to release date.

Nonsense, the existence of those things, the time and effort put into having them there in the first place, shows precisely that they wanted to do something at one time, but their plans changed for some reason (out of time, quest wasn't cohering with other quests, or couldn't be made to do so in time, etc.).

Do you have anything to prove it?

People said the same about Peralez quest that because there was no closure, it meant that they ran out of time. Now we know that it was conscious decision to have quest have quite an open ending so no one shows you real consequences of your decision.

Or with Evelyn making alliance with you againts Dex.

Or early montage with Jackie in Night City.

i could go on and on with examples.

Some things are made to set up a scene and didnt mean to be more than they are.

At least in this case, this is just an area to pickup Satori, find a shard (to understand a little bit better Saburo) and show how it's useless to try to steal the AV. If you "explore" a little bit at least, because the quest don't lead you here (like in many area in the game).
Nothing more and above all nothing cut :)

At least in this case, this is just an area to pickup Satori, find a shard (to understand a little bit better Saburo) and show how it's useless to try to steal the AV. If you "explore" a little bit at least, because the quest don't lead you here (like in many area in the game).
Nothing more.
There's only one other place where that particular shard can be found and that was very late game IIRC. It's quite a treasure if player is to backgrounds and that.

I little wonder why is on roof of Konpeki Plaza prezent hidden room with no purpose and also exit doors with ladder leading to dead end. There definitelly was planned something more.

Do you have anything to prove it?

People said the same about Peralez quest that because there was no closure, it meant that they ran out of time. Now we know that it was conscious decision to have quest have quite an open ending so no one shows you real consequences of your decision.

Or with Evelyn making alliance with you againts Dex.

Or early montage with Jackie in Night City.

i could go on and on with examples.

Some things are made to set up a scene and didnt mean to be more than they are.

The evidence is the effort, the time, the salaries paid for that effort and time, etc.

And how can you believe anything CDPR says now?

The evidence is the effort, the time, the salaries paid for that effort and time, etc.
Oh yes it seem obvious said like that :howdy:
I also found a hut in middle of nowhere in RDR2 where is was nothing around, nothing in and no quest to lead to it. It seem so obvious that it was "cut content", because why "make" it if there is no reason :)

Oh yes it seem obvious said like that :howdy:
I also found a hut in middle of nowhere in RDR2 where is was nothing around, nothing in and no quest to lead to it. It seem so obvious that it was "cut content", because why "make" it if there is no reason :)

The context we're talking about is stuff that is connected to quests.

CEAN0

Forum regular
The AV you can get to without any mods/hacks or using anything else then just following the game play.

When T-Bug has opened the glass doors downstairs don't exit there go up the stairs that leads to the AV and you will find out that she also have opened the glass doors here, now you can take down the gards and open the AV to get the stuff in here and V will say to Jackie...

"- no way we will be able to fly out with this...."

...so now you have to go downstairs and use the other way to get down to the elevator.

The AV you can get to without any mods/hacks or using anything else then just following the game play.

When T-Bug has opened the glass doors downstairs don't exit there go up the stairs that leads to the AV and you will find out that she also have opened the glass doors here, now you can take down the gards and open the AV to get the stuff in here and V will say to Jackie...

"- no way we will be able to fly out with this...."

...so now you have to go downstairs and use the other way to get down to the elevator.

Given that T-bug still lives in one of the hype videos (she hasn't been "made" or has beaten the counter-hackers), that suggests the possibility that she might have been able to hack the AV to try to get them out that way.

They could still have ended up with roughly the same tower/Jackie dying sequence as occurs if you go the ledge route, if the AV is immediately shot down, though. It would make sense to cut that content, however, if they weren't going to go with a "T-bug still alive" route (which presumably would have developed the story another way, with the conjuncture still being back at the No-Tell Motel, but with two potential resolutions there, as per the hype video).

At the end of the day it makes absolutely no sense at all to have the dangling Evelyn Parker request and the dangling bit of Dex suspicion when they're doing the pre-mission briefing, unless at some point there had been at least some kind of plan for an alternative route. I mean, as a player, going by the usual rules of an RPG, playing the game the first time, the Evelyn Parker route seemed like a potential path that I for one was strongly tempted to take, because I was suspicious of Dex on account of Viktor's earlier warning. I was disappointed that it led nowhere, since I'd been teased by it.

It's likely Jackie would have died one way or the other, but if the chip wasn't initially envisaged as leading to the whole V/Johnny scenario, and that was a last year and half shoehorning, then the choice of Dex or Evelyn would have led to different routes analogous to the early choice someone mentioned in TW3 - i.e. not a monumental difference, but enough to give the game a different feel. I suspect that there's a lot of cut content re. Pacifica too, and that would have tied in more with the Evelyn route probably, and that would have likely tied in with a more developed NetWatch (which, again, is offered as a potential major player in one of the hype videos, but is only vestigially involved in the game as is) and a more developed AI story (Peralez, etc.).

CEAN0

Forum regular
Given that T-bug still lives in one of the hype videos (she hasn't been "made" or has beaten the counter-hackers), that suggests the possibility that she might have been able to hack the AV to try to get them out that way.

They could still have ended up with roughly the same tower/Jackie dying sequence as occurs if you go the ledge route, if the AV is immediately shot down, though. It would make sense to cut that content, however, if they weren't going to go with a "T-bug still alive" route (which presumably would have developed the story another way, with the conjuncture still being back at the No-Tell Motel, but with two potential resolutions there, as per the hype video).

At the end of the day it makes absolutely no sense at all to have the dangling Evelyn Parker request and the dangling bit of Dex suspicion when they're doing the pre-mission briefing, unless at some point there had been at least some kind of plan for an alternative route. I mean, as a player, going by the usual rules of an RPG, playing the game the first time, the Evelyn Parker route seemed like a potential path that I for one was strongly tempted to take, because I was suspicious of Dex on account of Viktor's earlier warning. I was disappointed that it led nowhere, since I'd been teased by it.

It's likely Jackie would have died one way or the other, but if the chip wasn't initially envisaged as leading to the whole V/Johnny scenario, and that was a last year and half shoehorning, then the choice of Dex or Evelyn would have led to different routes analogous to the early choice someone mentioned in TW3 - i.e. not a monumental difference, but enough to give the game a different feel. I suspect that there's a lot of cut content re. Pacifica too, and that would have tied in more with the Evelyn route probably, and that would have likely tied in with a more developed NetWatch (which, again, is offered as a potential major player in one of the hype videos, but is only vestigially involved in the game as is) and a more developed AI story (Peralez, etc.).
Yes i agree, I would really like to play the full game the Dev's really wanted to make before all shit happened.

What's your personal estimate of how many ideas do you need to make something that works in a game? As an example from game industry, Rovio's strategy before they hit the jackpot with Angry Birds was to make 20 games with 1 likely achieving monetary success. The game mechanics were completely different, too. There was no slingshot - they cut the way you move the birds. This comes to whole meaning of "cut". Was it because they'll sell it later as a DLC or because of the usual iteration process.

When you're creating entertainment, even ideas on paper don't really mean that much. Something that seems like utter garbage on paper can be pure gold with proper presentation. Which is why you have to actually create all the necessary assets to properly test an idea.

Nonsense, the existence of those things, the time and effort put into having them there in the first place, shows precisely that they wanted to do something at one time, but their plans changed for some reason (out of time, quest wasn't cohering with other quests, or couldn't be made to do so in time, etc.).
Its like they made major changes at some point.... kinda like their early access look had t-bug alive and well in the hotel , fully animated.. voice acted... why put so much work into it.. unless the how the game/main plot changed at some point.. (when they doubled the size and scope of a certain other person who becomes main protagonist)

Netrunner V top tier, zeroes whole gangs remotely, but cant hack an AV? Please tis is a linear game no a "branching narrative with important choices tht impact the world around you" [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom