Cdpr's five year plan?

+

Guest 3847602

Just a bunch of speculations and a lot of wishful thinking. Some of it is realistic, confirmed even, like free DLC and expansions, but I have serious doubts about massive overhaul of current systems and mechanics. It's next to impossible to implement those without breaking already existing saves.

"CDPR'S FIVE YEAR PLAN?"

I see a dev team that is very satisfied with the products they have delivered, and buzzling with innovation. Also seem to have chosen to rather develop new games in addition to expending the current ones.

Nothing but good things will come of that.

I do agree with the Youtuber that communication can be better, but that's an issue for another day.

Yea i tend too agree with Ooodrin here, feels like a lot of speculation. Kinda hard too find any trusted storys about CP2077 since CDPR has clammed up hard (kinda think its a good thing all things considered). Hopefully we will get some news on what too expect before the year is over, would love too know if the expansions will be anything that i wanna buy or if i should just give up and move on.

Just a bunch of speculations and a lot of wishful thinking. Some of it is realistic, confirmed even, like free DLC and expansions, but I have serious doubts about massive overhaul of current systems and mechanics. It's next to impossible to implement those without breaking already existing saves.
More wishful thinking, but they could do that with expansions if they don't directly rely on 2077 save files.

Isn't that fairly common across the history of patching games though, quite often a gameplay fix will require a new save? From what he was saying the reputation mechanic only works on a new playthrough.

Like I said I hope he's right but it does seem like a massive undertaking for very little return to me. Unless it makes the development of TW4 / CP 2 simpler if they invest the hours in CP2077 now and get everything working, and as a byproduct rebuild team morale/pride and customer trust.

He did caveat the second half of the video as speculation. Found it refreshing to find a considered, if slightly hopeful, report rather than click-bait negativity for once.

More wishful thinking, but they could do that with expansions if they don't directly rely on 2077 save files.
It depends if expansions are before point of no return or not i guess, if they are the classical add-on story when you hit some level with some new story then i don't think is doable.

Guest 3847602

Depends of what kind of expansions they have in mind. Expansions for TW3 did rely on existing saves. We'll see...
Isn't that fairly common across the history of patching games though, quite often a gameplay fix will require a new save? From what he was saying the reputation mechanic only works on a new playthrough.
For Paradox grand strategies, Civilization and Total War games, sure, but I don't think I've seen this in a story-driven game. One run in those games lasts for 5-10 hours, not 50-100 like it does in Cyberpunk, so it's not a great loss. Patches do break mods all the time, but I think most people expect their earlier saves to work after the updating is finished.

Glad you posted this here Mr. Guyton. Tyler always presents a lot of research and puts in big bolds what is fact and what is not and the sources he has for things; and he's got some of his own.
For me there are 2 possible futures for CDPR: one where they finally restructure and deal with internal management or one where they keep going the same way. I'm very happy with this report from Tyler and hope they manage this dificult challenge of changing paradigms.

It's pretty wildly over the top. "In their own words!!!!!!!" Goes on to say a whole lot of stuff that implies that CDPR will replace the entirety of CP2077 with a whole new triple A game on-the-fly when CDP definitely *did not* say that. At all.

No. At least none of the games played.

I also don't remember a game where a save was incompatible after an update (or at least where you wouldn't have access to something introduced by this update by continuing to play on a previous save). The only games where this might be the case I think, is when there is something "created" when creating the savegame that cannot be changed afterwards, like in Minecraft, Terraria or even NMS. Or generally in beta's version of games like in Ark, Grounded, Subnautica. But it's beta versions, you well know that "big" changes could happen after an update and eventually you would have to trash your saves.

For Cyberpunk, I don't think that a player who play "only" few hours per week can even consider a single second of deleting its 30-50 hour save after an update. Opposite to someone who have a big play time, who have reached the point of no return, bought all the cars, did all the quests and GIGs and to continue playing on this save only > "wandering without goal in Night City".

I also don't remember a game where a save was incompatible after an update (or at least where you wouldn't have access to something introduced by this update by continuing to play on a previous save). The only games where this might be the case I think, is when there is something "created" when creating the savegame that cannot be changed afterwards, like in Minecraft, Terraria or even NMS. Or generally in beta's version of games like in Ark, Grounded, Subnautica. But it's beta versions, you well know that "big" changes could happen after an update and eventually you would have to trash your saves.

For Cyberpunk, I don't think that a player who play "only" few hours per week can even consider a single second of deleting its 30-50 hour save after an update. Opposite to someone who have a big play time, who have reached the point of no return, bought all the cars, did all the quests and GIGs and to continue playing on this save only > "wandering without goal in Night City".

Just to clarify, my dumbass forgot to add "I" in that sentence.

What's mildly confirmed (basically in the works already)...
+ 2022: free DLCs, first big expansion, modders project contents, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners (anime mini series).
+ 2023 & so on are simply not definitive even though CDPR were proclaimed at least 1-2 more expansions in the future & the now canceled/on hold CP Multiplayer would be release in 2023/2024

BIGGEST MATTER from all of this, how much CP2077 gonna make money in 2021 & 2022 as it would really determined the future of the franchise regardless any kind scenarios.

Also, cdpr has clearly said many times they're satisfied with the game as it is (apart from bugs). They have no interest in changing the design they like.
Post automatically merged:

Nah. It'll be free DLCs and a couple expansions possibly including multiplayer component, but I would guess by 2023 they'll be on to full development of The Witcher 4 / Cyberpunk 2078 / whatever is next.
I really hope so. I need to think they are moving forward quickly.

It'll be watching molasses dripping. The cadence by which CDPR is operating is, well, glacial would be generous I suppose.

The video is 100% third-party speculation based on no actual information that is available to the public. It's fine to speculate like this for the sake of entertainment, but it has no bearing nor reflection on the actual situation, no verifiable sources or backing for any of the predictions made, and the host is not an employee or partner of CDPR that would have any level of first-hand knowledge for anything discussed.

It's gossip.

Enjoy, if you want! But keep in mind it's only gossip.

It'll be watching molasses dripping. The cadence by which CDPR is operating is, well, glacial would be generous I suppose.
Screenshot_20211022-213314_Twitter.jpg
Did you know about this or was that Molasses comment purely coincidence?

Top Bottom