Outta curiosity pc players, how excited are you for 1.5?

+

1.5 new playthrough

• Yes

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all things,the game is 1 year old.I mean people that played it already,arent excited or waiting for anyhing.New people are already playing it and by the time the next gen versions gets released they would probably have ended it.And with many big new games coming,starting in January the game is being talked,not forgotten by players.I will have a look at the new update off course but not expecting anithing.It is sad but Cyberpunk made me see the game releases in another way.As for second question,i will continue mi save.I love the game and the setting,is only the dressing that kills it for me.

Depending of a number of changes for PC, I will most likely start new playthrough. I dont want to be overhyped but yeah, there are some expectations after couple months of nothing. Definitely doubt that we will see new systems, total rebalance etc. I mainly expect better engine performance, more customisation options for UI or keyboard and better Ai.

I haven't played in months, and I doubt 1.5 will really add anything worth another replay. Waiting for expansions.

excited = 0/10
curious = 6.5/10
Post automatically merged:

I see absolutely no reason to be "excited" for it. Consoles are getting next-gen. We aren't. We've been "next-gen" since the very beginning.

we were, then we had a "nice" downgrade (LOD, lowered light/shadow rendering distance and reflections on cars) starting with patch 1.1...

Last edited:
AFAICS the major issues of lacking AI, physics, gameplay mechanics and Potemkin Village Open World will probably not be addressed.

This game, which has been toted around as an RPG for about seven and a half years, does'nt even have a walk button on PC after more than a year after release, ffs.
Why should I be excited?
Being able to move around very slowly excites you? Takes all sorts, I guess.

Considering there has been nothing important in previous patches for a year, I have no evidence that this would be any different.

So no, not excited in the slightest.
Dude, they said that you can't get the SirJohnPhallusStiff with female V. This is incorrect! I don't even know when that got patched, but I was excited when I got it. I don't even play with the male V. Obviously, the 1.3 patch was so huge that I gave up on trying to read it all (mostly because many of the fixes never applied to my experience on PC). What I haven't figured out how to do is romance Panam with female V. That would be fun and interesting! I have high hopes for the 1.5 patch. I'm anxious about it because I want the game to shine more than it does. 4 playthroughs deep and I keep finding stuff that I've never seen in places that I've frequented (basically, it feels like new stuff is being introduced into the game in each playthrough. I probably just overlooked some stuff, but no complaints). At this point, I've played the game enough to just want more content than another huge list of bug fixes. Those remind me of the emails I get from GitHub with all the meaningless minutia of things that don't stick out as "Oh! I definitely want to check THAT out!"

I can honestly tolerate more bugs and glitches if there are more content additions in the interim. Gimme more upgrades and content. As long as the game isn't broken worse than it was last year when I got the game IDGAF! It's still worth the money I spent!

In short, gimme more content and less PR.

Dude, they said that you can't get the SirJohnPhallusStiff with female V. This is incorrect! I don't even know when that got patched, but I was excited when I got it.
I always acquire it as female/male V since day one (or few days after release at least). So this has never been fixed/changed in any patch/hotfix (the only condition to acquire it is : Meredith need to be alive after "The Pickup").
Meredith never made any distinction between male and female V, so even with reading all the patch notes since day one, you shouldn't find anything about that :)

What's funny is that I've felt like CP77 is the direction that I wanted the Hitman series to go since around the time of Blood Money. I've passed on the Hitman series, which I was a religious fan of due to CP77. What would really get me excited as a feature added to the game? A Sparta kick LOL! If V could kick people off the roof of buildings or into other enemies, that would be HILARIOUS! I think the Hitman series failed in one area that CP77 exceeded, having a world of activity rather than levels of activity. I've thought about buying HM3 but what kills it for me every time is that it feels closed and that the game has turned into a serious-looking hitman dude doing Tom & Jerry styled antics in selected sandboxes. They've spent more effort on being goofy in selectable sandboxes than making Agent 47 feel like he's in a world of his own. It's fun! But as far as emersion breaking, I think that's worse than a Potemkin facade. It makes the Hitman game literally feel like the training mission just expanded to better locations. Like he's always practicing to be a hitman instead of actually living his life as a hitman. Something that different. V definitely feels like a Merc in the CP77 world.
Post automatically merged:

Dunno.
Gotta see it to believe it.

Right now looking forward to acquiring HM3 on Steam soon.

I sure will be excited like whiny graphics card coils if the 1.5 is a blast!

I always acquire it as female/male V since day one (or few days after release at least). So this has never been fixed/changed in any patch/hotfix (the only condition to acquire it is : Meredith need to be alive after "The Pickup").
Meredith never made any distinction between male and female V, so even with reading all the patch notes since day one, you shouldn't find anything about that :)
@LeKill3rFou this is why I think that the PR about the game gets in the way of the game itself. The stuff I heard about the game in the media tended to diminish my interest in exploring the potentially different story paths. Basically, the negatives of people saying what couldn't be done rather than what could be done hurts what makes the game AWESOME. It was like a year before I even realized that all I had to do is hold the start button to get to the map rather than going to the interim screen. Those kinds of videos and reports would have been much more useful than people pointing out how to escape the map and glitch through walls with a car. Or worse, all the drama about CDPR management that's furthest from my purchasing interests. My point, it took a year of listening to streamers that frequently report on bad news just to hear something THAT simple.

Last edited:
Not excited in the least. For me as a PC-player, this release comes across as just a re-marketing of the game, nothing more. If anything, it's only going to make the mods outdated.

This year looks like it's going to be a good one when it comes to releases of other games. So it's going to take a lot to fit in a second playthrough of CP77 for me.

I didn't buy the game/start my first play-through until 1.2, because of the bad press the game got at launch.

I started a 2nd play-through at 1.3 but actually never completed the game on that. Then my GPU exploded and I had to wait > a month for a replacement. I could pick that play-through up again but now I'm more likely to wait for 1.5.

With 1.5 I will queue the game up for another play-through (might finish my previous one first). I would like to know how effective QHs are against Smasher, coz in my previous playthrough I filled him with bullet holes instead, but I'm not using guns in the current playthrough.

In reality, I'm unlikely to want to play through the whole game more than 3 times. It's good but not that good, compared with something like Diablo 2 which I must have played through over 20 times (if we count it as "Beat Baal", so completing Hell difficulty would count as 3). I might not do a new playthrough for CP2077 1.5, I might wait until all future expansions/DLC etc are released, and we're in "definitive edition" territory.

Yes I am. There's still much to improve. What I hope for the most is substantial upgrades to NPC and vehicle behaviour.

I've stopped caring about it. I'm not expecting anything from CDPR at this point. If they do end up fixing the game, then cool. I'll play it again. If not, then fuck it. There's other games out there.

Mildly. I was hoping for the addition of AMD's FSR alone for almost a year now and it didn't happen, even though it would really be a minor thing compared to all the other issues and wishes in the community, that would get me a little more excited for a 2nd playthrough at a half-decent framerate without sacrificing my graphics settings to a bare minimum (or playing at <30 fps).
I guess most of patch 1.5 will be bugfixes anyway, and since I've already been able to complete the game without having major issues I'm not getting super excited about those, although of course I'm happy for those who didn't have a good experience yet.

I also don't think the wishes I have for ingame additions are a high priority for a company, while I'd like to see more immersive content in the Night City we already have, most big content updates focus more on 1337 g4m3r stuff like awesome loot, more action, additional areas, an ultra-die-hard-difficulty setting with platinum achievement etc, stuff that sounds cool in ads and PR. I'd rather simply be able to visit more interiors, immerse myself more and have more interesting NPCs to chat with, maybe improve the existing cast so e.g. LIs don't turn into furniture after losing their virginity with you, but so far we're still not even as far as having a sitting animation, so I guess immersion isn't high on the list.

Since I just finished a second play through, I'm more focused on getting expansions. I will read about the improvemements made to the game, and appreciate the work being put in to fix it. I guess I'm just more hungry for new game elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom