DON'T care for more DLCs; I Just want npcs with better interaction mechanics and a more Beefy Ai

+
Honestly, I don't even really care for a dlc or more cars, clothes or what have you in Cyberpunk 2077. If they just improve the game mechanics in general and the ai it would heavily increase the replayability of this game enough to keep everyone coming back like Skyrim or Fallout. Allow us to interact and speak with npcs properly...geeez! That part just feels broken! Tell me how the npc's in Whiterun feel more alive than this triple A game in 2022.... The game looks amazing yes, the npcs look beautiful, lore is there...perfect. Now just make it all work together. The npcs in whiterun can at least remember "some" of my achievements in skyrim as time passes...How do I have aaaaall this street cred but I'm still practically a nobody to all non story essential npcs. SMH...I personally don't care for more content....I just want a better world to experience....I can go on dates with npcs in GTA 4; movies....comedy shows etc....in night city all I can do is creepily stand next to npcs and shoot them...

Well, so it's unfortunate I think :(
DLCs will be only small contents (cars, clothes,little quests,...) and expansion(s) will be story contents. And Cyberpunk was never intended to be a "sandbox" nor a "life simulator", so honestly, I don't think it would change one day.

I don't get it.

I genuinely don't get how having non-descript, hyper generic conversations with NPCs about your usually very illegal achievements would improve game replayability.

Don't get me wrong. More NPC interactivity is a good thing but how does it add more to game replayability than actual content? I just can't wrap my head around that. I can't imagine people starting a new game on a game they previously finished just to watch a fake movie or hangout in a fake strip club. I guess it's because I have little to no interest in that type of content.

Plus, like @LeKill3rFou pointed out, the game was never intended to be a sanbox-ish game a la GTA4/5. They're not going to change that a year into the game's lifecycle.

I would like more of that too, but not only convos and so on but better ai overall. Sadly i, like the others dont think that will happend. the interactivity or lack thereof is one of the biggest letdowns for me. Nightcity is pretty but thats about it. Hopefully the modders might make something cool with it.

DLCs will be only small contents (cars, clothes,little quests,...) and expansion(s) will be story contents. And Cyberpunk was never intended to be a "sandbox" nor a "life simulator", so honestly, I don't think it would change one day.
Look at a few prelease trailers and you may get a feel for what I mean. Stuff like the new apartments and customization is what we expected from the beginning. I mean, when you speak to an npc now as it stands, it's almost like there was "suppose" to be something there for dialogue but it's just unfinished...there's a random delay between responses and they don't even know who you are lol. As far as the life simulator comment.....what I asked for I feel seems like a far cry from Sims 5... unless you consider GTA, RDR, Skyrim or Fallout life simulators....Fingers still crossed ha
Post automatically merged:

I don't get it.

I genuinely don't get how having non-descript, hyper generic conversations with NPCs about your usually very illegal achievements would improve game replayability.

Don't get me wrong. More NPC interactivity is a good thing but how does it add more to game replayability than actual content? I just can't wrap my head around that. I can't imagine people starting a new game on a game they previously finished just to watch a fake movie or hangout in a fake strip club. I guess it's because I have little to no interest in that type of content.

Plus, like @LeKill3rFou pointed out, the game was never intended to be a sanbox-ish game a la GTA4/5. They're not going to change that a year into the game's lifecycle.

I think I've seen your comments somewhere else in the forum and I guess you somehow believe this game is pretty much good as is. At least that's the general vibe I get from you but I think simply adding these novelty things would keep players entertained for hours in the same way they do in those other aforementioned almost decade old titles. Shoot! Dragon age is another good example of the type of dialogue that would be worthwhile. The "illegal achievements" statement feels pretty out of touch with the type of game you're playing....Outside of unlocking new gear....explain to me what is the point of "street cred" or any of the cosmetics if no one reacts to you in the world. I know the folks are working their butts off at CDPR to recover this game but I just feel this is good feedback so they stay on the right track....and FYI everything in the game is technically "fake" so......

Last edited:
I doubt it ever was meant to be a bug broken half finished game that got removed from the play store either :3

.what I asked for I feel seems like a far cry from Sims 5... unless you consider GTA, RDR, Skyrim or Fallout life simulators....Fingers still crossed ha
GTA, Skyrim, Fallout are more "sandbox games", stories are not the "strong points" nor the main purpose of these games (it's subjective...but still).
RDR2 have a way better story, but it is more a "sandbox" too and also more "farwest life simulator" (I (re)play KCD right now, it's the same idea, in middle age).
Cyberpunk 2077 isn't any of that (in the same way that The Witcher wasn't) ;)

To quote @ooodrin on another thread :
The game didn't turn out to be a sandboxy life simulator some people desperately wanted to play, therefore it's "broken beyond repair".
There is some truth in this though, as no amount of patching will transform CP2077 into that kind of game.

Last edited:
Here is my issue with this.... you kinda need both to really get close to what you're seemingly looking for.

Yes, better AI is a must in my opinion, they fixed the combat AI significantly (could still use some tweaking) and crowd AI is much better or at least reactive. But it's not where it could be and personally, I'd like some fixes like, when you save someone, they thank you sometimes, but for some reason most of the time the scripting seems broken, and they just stay crouched and afraid even after the threat is gone. I'd love for that to be fixed, maybe even have different NPC types have unique reaction types. More "Random Events" better NCPD mechanics all of that yes please. They have hinted at a change to street cred coming later on, making it have more weight and meaning beyond gating gear and missions, that is probably coming with Expansion 1 whatever that ends up being I wouldn't expect it any sooner than that.

However, if you really want meaningful interaction, you need good named, and voice acted characters. Which would require most likely DLC or expansions to justify. They're not going to put all that work to have random NPC 5 have a full-on conversation about the new Shion with you, especially because it takes time and money. and honestly, I think I'd much rather them craft stories with interesting people. Better reactions sure but honestly, I don't need every NPC to react to me unless I do something that provokes a reaction.

Just as a last little comparison, Watchdogs Leigon had procedurally generated NPCs every single one of them with a name, family relationships, opinions on Dedsec either negative or positive. All could potentially be recruited into your team and played as, or completely alienated and hostile based on your actions.... Sound great right? Well except most of them ended up being generic "jobs" with Different skills, and "random attributes" which could be interesting, but really after a short time they all started to feel a little bit like the same thing in a slightly different suit. And I enjoyed that game truly... but a lot of the "Deep personal lives" stuff was just window dressing presented in text on an info sheet.... it rarely played out in meaningful ways, sometimes you'd accidently recruit someone because you took out a "rival" or "helped their family" without realizing... but other than that it was meaningless. Most of the time it became more about unlocking a skill you needed than it was about interesting characters.

Which brings me to my point.... Sometimes just cause it's done doesn't mean it's interesting or impactful some stuff is just bloat on a game that sounds good but is mostly filler. I'd rather ignore the generic background people and get better small crafter stories that effect the characters. I agree the NPCs still feel just a little too bland.... but good DLC with good characters and more interesting things to do is equally if not more important.

We've hashed through that argument several times on the forums. It just isn't going to happen. It was never going to happen. There's nothing wrong with posting that you'd like to see it, but just be aware that it's a completely hypothetical discussion of a "what if ..." that's never going to be.

I think I've seen your comments somewhere else in the forum and I guess you somehow believe this game is pretty much good as is.

Either you are confusing me with someone else or you haven't seen enough of my posts. I love the game but I do not shy away from criticizing it's weaker aspects.

My position is nuanced. Is the game good? It sure is. The general consensus also seems to be that it is good. Judging from player reviews from anywhere the game is good - a 7+/10 pretty much everywhere. Does that mean that I think the game doesn't need improvements? Absolutely not, it does. Even after 1.5, which is a great step forward, there is still a lot of place for improvement. Notice how I didn't comment on the AI part earlier? I didn't say anything about the AI. I happen to agree that the AI still needs refinement.

At least that's the general vibe I get from you but I think simply adding these novelty things would keep players entertained for hours in the same way they do in those other aforementioned almost decade old titles.

I genuinely don't get how you are so certain that these "novelty" things are what keeps these old games popular for so long. GTA4 has pretty much disappeared from everyone's radar in favor of GTA5. What keeps GTA5 alive almost a decade later isn't these novelty things. It's GTA online and the constant updates and addition of content. While a few might hang around in those activities, the rest are out there experiencing content or just causing mayhem.

Never once have I seen or even heard of anyone spending hours in GTA5's stripclub. If someone wants to, by all means, go ahead. To claim it's somehow a big attraction to all or even most players is wrong as far as I've seen.

Skyrim? Nobody is playing Skyrim a decade later so they can go into Whiterun and talk to Balgruuf for the 100th time. No one spends 2K hours in Skyrim only so they can go to Riverwood to hear Sigrid tell them to be careful with that fire because they're a mage. People play Skyrim for a thousand hours because you can spend a thousand hours in-game finding new places to explore, items, spells, etc. Throw in mods and you've got another 1K hours easy. Sure, it's a fun little thing the first time someone reacts to you about X but after you've experienced it once, you've seen all there is to it. That's not what keeps people playing. Skryim isn't known for it's impeccable writing.

The "illegal achievements" statement feels pretty out of touch with the type of game you're playing...

How is it out of touch? The vast majority of your major achievements are illegal. You didn't bring down a dragon, you infiltrated Konpeki and stole the most valuable relic in existence.

Outside of unlocking new gear....explain to me what is the point of "street cred" or any of the cosmetics if no one reacts to you in the world.

"Outside of the point, tell me, what is the point?" is what I'm reading here. Could street cred be better implemented? You bet. I would've loved to see a much deeper system with possibly wide-ranging consequences affecting your standing with the different gangs/corpos but people going "Oh, look, it's V!" out on the streets I couldn't care less about and I'd bet most people don't care much for it either and would rather see extra content than that.

I know the folks are working their butts off at CDPR to recover this game but I just feel this is good feedback so they stay on the right track....and FYI everything in the game is technically "fake" so......

And I'm pretty certain they are on the right track and the right track doesn't include this kind of activity or NPC interactivity in my opinion. In fact, I'm certain of it because that was simply never the point of this game. Ever. That's not the kind of game CDPR makes. It never was meant to be a sandbox game. It was always meant to be a story driven game and I don't see that changing.

You are right, everything in-game is fake! That's not the point of what I said though. Yes, everything is fake, it's a video game after all. The thing is, I can't go out and commit some major heist in real life. I can't just take our my trusty .44 and go help the police to gun down gangsters. I can't drive at 256KM/H in the busy streets of a major city. I can go to a restaurant though. I can go to a club, a strip club or play darts, pool or just hangout with friends. Why would I care about that in my game when I can actually do it? Or, more importantly, how does that improve replayability more than actual content?

Ultimately, as @Spockprime said very succinctly, it's never going to be what you want it to be. That was simply never the point of this game.

Last edited:
Well, I think the game needs a refinement in AI in general. I think we all, to varying degrees, want that. I don't want all NPCs to have a "life of their own" and I know that CP2077 is not a sandbox game. However, I partially agree: some NPCs could present such a context. This would give the game more "life". Another detail that catches my attention: regardless of the life path chosen at the beginning, your destiny is always to be a streetkid. Now, the characters should react according to their past. Would be great! And the consequences might be different. That is: I feel that there could be less linearity. This could be implemented. However, I don't think that will ever happen. And yes, I want DLCs with new stories and new characters, new cosmetic content (cyber, clothing) and deeper body customization (as we can see in many mods).

Another detail that catches my attention: regardless of the life path chosen at the beginning, your destiny is always to be a streetkid. Now, the characters should react according to their past. Would be great! And the consequences might be different. That is: I feel that there could be less linearity.
Maybe it seem "linear" because whatever V's lifepath, it always end as a merc working for fixers.

Well, I think the game needs a refinement in AI in general. I think we all, to varying degrees, want that. I don't want all NPCs to have a "life of their own" and I know that CP2077 is not a sandbox game. However, I partially agree: some NPCs could present such a context. This would give the game more "life". Another detail that catches my attention: regardless of the life path chosen at the beginning, your destiny is always to be a streetkid. Now, the characters should react according to their past. Would be great! And the consequences might be different. That is: I feel that there could be less linearity. This could be implemented. However, I don't think that will ever happen. And yes, I want DLCs with new stories and new characters, new cosmetic content (cyber, clothing) and deeper body customization (as we can see in many mods).

I would disagree that your destiny is to always be a street kid..... Being a Merc taking on hard jobs is not the same IMO. To me a street kid is just that from the streets, maybe running with gangs and pulling off petty crimes. But a Merc for hire is a professional, they have a set of skills and get paid to use them, The corps have a history of using mercs in CP lore and with 1.5 out and the new apartments and all the high end vehicles out, you can easily become a "Big Shot" very rich mercenary living in Corpo Plaza with luxury. So I wouldn't say no matter what you become a "Street kid"

Having said that. I also agree that with the exceptions of a few unique choices or dialogue options, and the few items/cars/missions that are life path specific, the life path system was really underutilized, I would have really loved for it to have more depth and more impact on both the world and the story especially later on, It has almost no effect on the main story outside of the intro and the lead up to the heist, and the side stuff is cool but limited. So yeah If they ever flesh that out more, which is probably more of a sequel thing at this point and not an addition to CP2077 I'd be very happy. I think the original intent was always to have life paths mean much more than they ended up being but probably got cut/reduced do to time constraints.

As a Skyrim/fallout/cyberpunk fan I have two things to say,

One, people keep going back to Skyrim because of the mods. I dont know why people are so mad at them using their older engine when thats what makes it so moddable compared to the Unreal engine and even Redengine. You can play a Skyrim today that is completely different to the vanilla game with mods (like Legacy of the Dragonborn) that make the main questline jealous. If they can make modding tools available for this game, it would be immensely popular because people would add many of the things that are missing.

Two, one of the criticisms that Skyrim very often gets is the small size of its 'cities'. Solitude is the capital and it has roughly twenty civilians living in it. There are probably more people in that city working a government job(guards, palace servants etc). You can interact with every single one and many will give you a quest. Its always going to be a choice between small or mostly empty cities where everyone can be interacted with or large populous cities where most people are there for background. To make thousands of civilians in Night City with dialogue trees and missions would delay the game another 5 years at the least.

btw, eventhough you could be telvanni wizard, archmage of the college of Winterhold, thane of Whiterun and Solitude, Dragonborn, holder of the Star of Azura, legate in the Imperial Army and many other titles, Nazeem will still look down on you "Have you ever been to the cloud district? Oh what am I saying, ofcourse you havent." and many NPCs will continue to react like you are nobody, thieves and bandits will still treat you as a nobody and attack despite the Daedric armour, the dragon priest mask and the 3 dremora lords flanking you.
One of the quests in the game that frustrates me most is loanshark Mogrul who walks up to the most powerful person(a Telvanni wizard who defeated Miraak) in Skyrim and on Solstheim and demands money from(because he is afraid of Neloth, the wizard who takes you into house Telvanni). Most NPCs always acts the same, regardless of your status. It was a really special moment when I defeated Alduin and the bard in Windhelm actually dedicates a song to it. A guard thanking me felt special, he was the only one. They could have learned a bit from Kingdom come Deliverance in this regard, where status and appearance does matter and many a bandit will run rather than fight if you are a wellequipped and powerful warrior.

I'm not against improvements to CP2077, just wanted to point out that both solutions have their upsides and downsides. You cant really compare, only choose.

Honestly, I don't even really care for a dlc or more cars, clothes or what have you in Cyberpunk 2077. If they just improve the game mechanics in general and the ai it would heavily increase the replayability of this game enough to keep everyone coming back like Skyrim or Fallout. Allow us to interact and speak with npcs properly...geeez! That part just feels broken! Tell me how the npc's in Whiterun feel more alive than this triple A game in 2022.... The game looks amazing yes, the npcs look beautiful, lore is there...perfect. Now just make it all work together. The npcs in whiterun can at least remember "some" of my achievements in skyrim as time passes...How do I have aaaaall this street cred but I'm still practically a nobody to all non story essential npcs. SMH...I personally don't care for more content....I just want a better world to experience....I can go on dates with npcs in GTA 4; movies....comedy shows etc....in night city all I can do is creepily stand next to npcs and shoot them...
I understand what you're saying, but there is one bi problem with your assessment.
This is not GTA, neither is it Fallout.

That first and foremost, and now some elaboration on some aspects.
This game is not a GTA sandbox game, and it was never meant to. Sure I would also like to ability to do some of those things, Hád it been part of the game. But when I stop to think about it for a minute, why would I want to chat up some rando NPC or even take them to Jig Jig street? I could understand such sandboxy simulator activity with some of the less generic characters such as Judy, Panam, Claire or such, but random NPC at the Afterlife? for all I know they're my next job (or I'm their's)
And as I said neither is this Fallout, a world where everyone who is friendly to you needs your help with at least something (otherwise the content of those games can't exist), and everyone who's evil just wants your loot. Again, translating this into Night City, there's maybe 2 or 3 undisclosed "characters" that request anonimous help {Loviisa Kaukonen and the indian guy} through an online ad. But outside of those everyone just goes about their own day. So I dont see real much in how any rando NPC could be a Fallout questgiver for some "go-and-fetch-me-X" thing.

There's only a very minor quantity of these things that would 'fit' in this game, looking at the things you describe.
So while I can see some potetial, its very minor and outside of that little bit, this just isn't that game ultimately.

I've got some sympathy for wanting NPCs to play a more varied and active role in Night City. I liked what they did in 1.5, adding a lot more 'background' conversations between NPCs you overhear in passing as you move around. Obviously these are baked into the game and you get repetitions, but I thought it was pretty effective in enhancing the vibe of the City. It would be cool to hear them increasingly whisper stuff about you as you strutted past... ('see that? Is that V? you know, the one who rescued that chick from the Scavs?')

When it comes to upgdate of a game and immersion, I do think that there is still a lot of potential left. I dont mean content like partying and taking your love interest for a dinner but defenitely we could fit more dialogues with people on a street. Every vendor has this one optional question and devs could expand that adding some other people on a streets with couple of sentences of active conversations. Those things mostly requires voice actors and not unique animations and tons of scripting.

CP77 will never have the level of detail, interactivity and AI similar to games like RDR2, I'm not even sure if the RedEgine is capable of it looking at what was delivered.

I think a lot of people miss the point when it comes to NPC AI (and it interactivity) and the interactivity of the game world in games. Its not that it is necessary, its not that the player must or should pay attention to it, its the fact that the player CAN interact or observe these things, ie, choice. This makes a world feel more alive, as in the player is part of a living world rather than just walking around a stage.

Bethesda don't make perfect games, but their worlds feel interesting especially with random events and things happening in the world with or without the players presence, i.e. hearing gunshots ring out in the ruins of Boston and then later discover the aftermath of a fight (and get some sweet looting done too).

And obviously R* and RDR2, sure some people found the story slow, but looking at the world/environment, and seeing people go about their business, or animals hunting and killing one another .. to me that was "breath taking", as it felt like Arthur was just part of a bigger world and his story was just that, his personal story in a world full of life and people. And R* nailed NPC's, from the light interactions with random people by annoying them to the point of them pulling a gun on you, or just being friendly, or seeing how brutal an NPC's death can be. It's one of the few games I sort of felt bad for killing NPC's :LOL:

I think we've seen the best of what CP77 is or will be tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not betting on it.

I actually want less NPC interaction., wish it was super selfish universe. I see it all the time people think Cyberpunk is GTA/real world. Dating, Cop Chases. NPC interaction. This is one reason why I hope Expansion focuses on Media.
Post automatically merged:

I don't get it.

Its good? How. Give icecream or flowers to NPC, or talk with them about some nonsense. Really. Nobody does that in real life either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom