Patch Notes 10.7

+
Bjorn Stormursson is extremely overpowered. He could be priced at 10 provisions and still be worth it. At 8 provisions he's an auto-included in every SK deck. Needs a nerf badly.

Either get rid of his veteran status or increase provisions by 2. Onslaught decks are completely broken because of him.

Last edited:
ok i have to say, i tryed so many times play with NR knights and new cards.

And as i predict before, this cards are so weak, but so weak i cant even win 20% of my games. I really dont know if i am doing it wrong or what.

And i consider myself an experience player, but playing with that deck *and i already change it sometimes) i have the feeling to throw my smartphone out the window

Last 8 of 10 games have been against NG. Starting to hate this patch... NG Assimilate, Clog, Mill, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The examples can be multiple, but i'll take just 4 points:

1 - Yen's :: EVERY NG deck use, everyone. Not even the mechanisms that is suppose to enforce new ways of play without the 'top card', the < 10 Provision (golden, Ciri etc) target this one. A cheaper Heatwave or even worst, a second one.
2 - Jan :: The card that guarantee all you need in the exactly order you can imagine. This card even make unnecessary the player THINK in mulligan, there is no strategy, thinking, risk... nothing... totally brainless effect and again another card with low cost for what does.
3 - Deckbuild :: For me the most satisfying experience of the game, and with more new cards, more interesting it does. But let's take a example of ST new scenario : You need to think, construct the deck to have as different primary types as possible to extract full potential. Until today I'm still exploring just the first faction, not even move to others and it's so fun. Now, let's build a NG Deck : Put the 2 scenarios, Yen, Jan, type in the search bar 'cultist' and add the cards, type in the search bar 'aristocrat' and finish filling your deck using the higher provisions possible. And start to smack cards and the points will flow and you will not fully understand 50% of whats the f. is happening but you win.
4 - Mill :: [ I think it isn't necessary further explanations here ]

As Deadpool would say, to lift the spirits here, " that's lazy writing ". The problem is that is wrong in a way that is making the game less fun, not in a way like "devotion" that's is totally abandoned and cut of the potential do create suck unique identities for the classes.

#MakeDevotionGreatAgain

What is going on with this double Scenario nonsense? At least add more tech options if you're gonna insist on adding cards like this. Or limit it to one Scenario per deck.
You can keep pricing Scenarios up all you want people will still make the sacrifice to include them, that is how strong they are and the uninteractivity aspect is a big part of that.

I have always felt that simply removing old Bomb Heaver instead of balancing the risk-reward better was a mistake. You could've remade it to simply delete one chapter instead and it still would've been better than nothing.
What basically amounts to huge immune engines are not okay just because there's one specific gold card in the entire game that can delete them. That becomes more apparent now that people have started using two Scenarios yet there's still only that one gold card to deal with them.

ok i have to say, i tryed so many times play with NR knights and new cards.

And as i predict before, this cards are so weak, but so weak i cant even win 20% of my games. I really dont know if i am doing it wrong or what.

And i consider myself an experience player, but playing with that deck *and i already change it sometimes) i have the feeling to throw my smartphone out the window
NR knights are defenitely tough. Clash and locking can be quite frustrating for NR.

So far I find the combination of devotion, royal inspiration, and damned sorceress quite good (and fun). So far roughly 70% wins at level 1 so I guess it somewhat works well.

Added the deck in case you're interested. Give it a shot. Maybe you got some idea to improve it.
Royal Inspiration.png

Replacing Royal Inspiration with Shield Wall & Reynard Odo with King Roegner might also be an option. Still testing things out.

Last edited:
Bjorn Stormursson is extremely overpowered. He could be priced at 10 provisions and still be worth it. At 8 provisions he's an auto-included in every SK deck. Needs a nerf badly.

Either get rid of his veteran status or increase provisions by 2. Onslaught decks are completely broken because of him.

SK Onslaught in general needs a hard nerf with a hotfix, within a few days, or else it's going to be SK 100% domination this season. Terrible playtesting, CDProJRed should be ashamed of themselves. The deck has enormous pointslam (roughly 60 points per round) and enough damage to kill over 70 points of damage in a round, without breaking a sweat.

Auberon still has the bug that doesn't evolve...

Bless: Cause 1 damage to each enemy unit or 2 if the power is not equal to their base power.
Curse: Distribute 8 damage at random between enemy units.

Something is wrong here, this may cause more than 25-35 point swing.... what is this stuff of curses? I initially thought curses are negative counterparts that affect players that use these powerful effects.

This is worst than the cursed frog expansion :sneaky:

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
I think Renfri should probably have "if the leader ability hasn't been used yet" clause in her description, so that she gives her 2 new leader abilities INSTEAD of the existing one, and not ON TOP of it.
I think the best balance change for Renfri is, to give the Curse on Deploy and the Blessing on Order. What do you think?

I think the best balance change for Renfri is, to give the Curse on Deploy and the Blessing on Order. What do you think?
I think they could definitely start there, but not sure it would be enough, since she's not exactly easy to kill, either, and people wouldn't really want to spend a heatwave on half a Renfri.

I initially thought that curse is intended to be a counterpart, plenty of the blessing abilities are pretty strong... High removal, Boost, Manipulation, Tempo.... Just wao

Another release with another broken garbage card. It's clear by now that power creep is INTENTIONAL in this game. [...]

When you play this card you are not getting one but TWO leaders basically, I can't be bothered being more constructive than this because all you have to do is actually play this game to see how this card is not fine. But hey! We know these cards get fixed.. after a month or two of wrecking havoc on the ladder, that is until the next release of equally broken card(s) come out, sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda funny how Renfri is similar to the Sihil (which also happened very recently) in that it would have been an interesting card, with the restrictions and trying to figure out how to play it, except SK and NG exist, which require no effort at all to set up the pings, so the card is immediately abused and instead of interesting becomes toxic trash. Renfri is the same in that 25 units should be hard-ish to thin, and is, EXCEPT SK and NG again (!), lmao, both of which have unit-based thinning and don't give a damn about awkward "no-tutor" deck-building. Especially when the choice is between playing 1 leader ability or 3...

Another release with another broken garbage card. It's clear by now that power creep is INTENTIONAL in this game.
Gwent no longer experiences “Power Creep”. It is Power Deluge.

And the latest expansion does not have one insanely powered card — it has at least seven (and likely more than that).
Post automatically merged:

Kinda funny how Renfri is similar to the Sihil (which also happened very recently) in that it would have been an interesting card, with the restrictions and trying to figure out how to play it, except SK and NG exist, which require no effort at all to set up the pings, so the card is immediately abused and instead of interesting becomes toxic trash. Renfri is the same in that 25 units should be hard-ish to thin, and is, EXCEPT SK and NG again (!), lmao, both of which have unit-based thinning and don't give a damn about awkward "no-tutor" deck-building. Especially when the choice is between playing 1 leader ability or 3...
Singling out SK and NG is just not accurate. These cards are (and always will be) broken in any faction. You cannot have 35+ point potential cards without them either being dominatingly over powered or game ruinously binary.

Last edited:

Singling out SK and NG is just not accurate. These cards are (and always will be) broken in any faction. You cannot have 35+ point potential cards without them either being dominatingly over powered or game ruinously binary.
What are you talking about "just not accurate"? Go play a Sihil deck without spies or Patricide and see how that works out for you. Renfri is perhaps less blatantly biased, but consistency still matters a lot, and once the "renfri" meta shakes out, it will be SK and NG on top of it, purely because of their ability to thin.

What are you talking about "just not accurate"? Go play a Sihil deck without spies or Patricide and see how that works out for you. Renfri is perhaps less blatantly biased, but consistency still matters a lot, and once the "renfri" meta shakes out, it will be SK and NG on top of it, purely because of their ability to thin.

The thinning is overrated, and there are plenty of good unit tutors. Triss:Butterflies and Matta Huri will already get Renfri in most decks 80% of the time.

What makes NG and SK so popular are the rest of their broken units, on top of Renfi. They have so many OP deploy abilities, especially SK. NG is toxic and annoying, but actually beatable. SK right now just has the biggest numbers and an absurd amount of removal, combined with magic compass and thinning, allows them to create a deck with like 170 provisions.

SK balance, especially onslaught, is ridiculously overpowered atm. What's the point to playing other decks when SK can kill every single card the opponent plays?

The thinning is overrated, and there are plenty of good unit tutors. Triss:Butterflies and Matta Huri will already get Renfri in most decks 80% of the time.

What makes NG and SK so popular are the rest of their broken units, on top of Renfi. They have so many OP deploy abilities, especially SK. NG is toxic and annoying, but actually beatable. SK right now just has the biggest numbers and an absurd amount of removal, combined with magic compass and thinning, allows them to create a deck with like 170 provisions.

SK balance, especially onslaught, is ridiculously overpowered atm. What's the point to playing other decks when SK can kill every single card the opponent plays?

Yes is horrible, I enjoy playing against NG, they have powerful cards, lock, and take, but betable.
But SK.... until they add more reinforce to Raid cards, Sihil, Renfri..... I found no enjoyment at all.

I have played some games with invigorate and i just cannot believe HOW a lot of these new cards managed to pass the testing phase(???).
From what i've seen, Renfri is completely broken and the monster combination queen+cat is outrageous. The queen eats the cat, hero power and gg, crazy binary. The "funny" thing is that you can't even contest, because cat is immune. Opponent just revives them and they go out of control.
Sk seems extremely strong, waaay too strong.
Regarding sy, ng, nr: i haven't played enough against them ( never found a sy deck ). But i think nr and new ng version are not on the same level, maybe a bit clunky.
Why are they making cards so damn powerful? What' s the point? Now all the previous ones are just obsolete. What should we expect next expansion?
Deploy: win the game?

DRK3

Forum veteran
I have played some games with invigorate and i just cannot believe HOW a lot of these new cards managed to pass the testing phase(???).
From what i've seen, Renfri is completely broken and the monster combination queen+cat is outrageous. The queen eats the cat, hero power and gg, crazy binary. The "funny" thing is that you can't even contest, because cat is immune. Opponent just revives them and they go out of control.
Sk seems extremely strong, waaay too strong.
Regarding sy, ng, nr: i haven't played enough against them ( never found a sy deck ). But i think nr and new ng version are not on the same level, maybe a bit clunky.
Why are they making cards so damn powerful? What' s the point? Now all the previous ones are just obsolete. What should we expect next expansion?
Deploy: win the game?

Damn, i just built this deck today (sir Scratch a lot + Arachas Queen) and i thought i was the only one, apparently not. :giveup:

Still, i suspect my version is way more 'meme-ier' - i use Eltibald, which happens to reduce cooldown when units are played (cats) and cursed units are played (cats!).

I lost a few matches because i didnt draw the necessary cards, or faced NG which just went through defender and locked everything (only the original cat is immune, and loses its immunity after its replayed the 1st time).

Then i faced a vampires, on a long R3, he played tome, for 4! fleders, getting 3 boost every turn, against my 3 cats + eltibald. Around midround, the tides turned, and iwas outpointing him by a lot, with 3 cards left it was +-140 for me and 70 for him and he forfeited.

It was GLORIOUS, unfortunately it was on my mobile and i still dont know how to take screenshots there, it was more epic than 99% of Great Dandelion Show clips.

What makes NG and SK so popular are the rest of their broken units, on top of Renfi.

Yes, and this is where thinning comes in. Everyone can tutor Renfri, but getting the rest of your good cards consistently is a problem without Oneiro, AA and other non-unit tutors/thinners for other factions. I mean, we all knew the new SK cards were a bit broken as soon as we saw them, but I disagree that thinning is "overrated."

Top Bottom