Creative building in games, screenshots and ideas

+
Oh, then I was mistaken. Saw it once, and it looked highly consistent. So thought it was vanilla. Never saw something like that in CE though.
I Imagine it's quite the same on CE, it's "mainly" because it's a PVE/PVP game. So it wouldn't be really fair if you were able to build a flying base :)

I Imagine it's quite the same on CE, it's "mainly" because it's a PVE/PVP game. So it wouldn't be really fair if you were able to build a flying base :)
True. A lot of other build features were taken out as well because of PvP. It ruined the Single player's (build) experience for the worse. It's a bad idea to stuff PvP and Single player in 1 game together if you ask me.

True. A lot of other build features were taken out as well because of PvP. It ruined the Single player's (build) experience for the worse. It's a bad idea to stuff PvP and Single player in 1 game together if you ask me.
Yep, options would be great :)
I say PVE too, because in ARK, it's also have an impact in solo too. Dinos can't "attack, damage and destroy" your builds (in function of the dino and the type of construction).
So let's take an example which happened to me, in solo obviously :

I built a nice base entirely in stone (even Rexs can't damage stone), for farming metal easily and quickly, on top of "Giga mountain".
Quite a bad idea... because as the name of the mountain indicates it, there are chances that Gigas spawn (which can damage and destroy everything, even tech stuff).
And (as expected) one day, a Giga literally destroyed my entire farming base and eaten my farming dinos....

I say PVE too, because in ARK, it's also have an impact in solo too. Dinos can't "attack, damage and destroy" your builds (in function of the dino and the type of construction).

I built a nice base entirely in stone (even Rexs can't damage stone), for farming metal easily and quickly, on top of "Giga mountain".
Quite a bad idea... because as the name of the mountain indicates it, there are chances that Gigas spawn (which can damage and destroy everything, even tech stuff).
And (as expected) one day, a Giga literally destroyed my entire farming base and eaten my farming dinos....

Conan Exiles has similar mechanics. Most enemies can't damage your buildings but both maps have mechanics in place that will spawn enemies who are able to destroy your buildings.

The exiles map has the purge in place. Based on time and on your own progress, the purge bar fills up. Once it's filled, a purge starts which will send enemies out into the world to destroy anything player made. Depending on where you're located, you'll get different kinds of enemies sent your way. Different zone tiers get different tiers of enemies since you most likely don't have the resources to build T3 buildings if you built your base in a T1 zone.

The Isle of Siptah has something similar but it's on a regular timer if I remember correctly. The map isn't half as popular and I haven't really played around with it myself. It's much smaller and was designed with a greater focus on PvP.

It adds a certain level of challenge even in solo play. Which is a necessity for me. I can't play a game if there isn't any challenge, I'll grow bored quickly but if someone is so inclined, these mechanics can be turned off completely. Essentially turning the game into a building game with minor survival and RPG elements.

Oof... Did that happened while you were offline? We had it off, but if memory served, the Purge in CE could destroy everything you build offline too.

Oof... Did that happened while you were offline? We had it off, but if memory served, the Purge in CE could destroy everything you build offline too.
Nope online. It's like Minecraft, even if you play solo, it's a (multiplayer) server which is hosted locally. So if you're not playing, nothing change.
But it wouldn't change anything anyway, a wild Giga is unstoppeable... I just cry* and watch her (a level 145 female, so almost the max level) destroying my "metal" outpost (I was more annoyed by the death of my dinos... take a while to tame/breed/growth up/level up very good dinos) :D

*I could have used a console command to kill her instantly, but I didn't want to cheat^^

Last edited:
Nope online. It's like Minecraft, even if you play solo, it's a (multiplayer) server which is hosted locally. So if you're not playing, nothing change.
But it wouldn't change anything anyway, a wild Giga is unstoppeable... I just cry* and watch her (a level 145 female, so almost the max level) destroying my "metal" outpost (I was more annoyed by the death of my dinos... take a while to tame/breed/growth up/level up very good dinos) :D

*I could have used a console command to kill her instantly, but I didn't want to cheat^^
Ouch. Should ask the devs for an insurance policy.

Luckily in CE you could turn the Purge off else your builds and all your (weak) thralls could suffer the same fate. No fun having your precious builds destroyed like that.

Ouch. Should ask the devs for an insurance policy.

Luckily in CE you could turn the Purge off else your builds and all your (weak) thralls would suffer the same fate. No fun having your precious builds destroyed like that.
On the other hand, I built my outpost on the "Giga" mountain which is aptly named. When you play with fire, you have chances to be burn :D
It remember me a modded minecraft map that I built a big nuclear reactor in the middle of my base, and test some core cooling layouts... It blew up and let an enormous radioactive crater* :D
*a good 300 blocks diameter circle totally empty from the ground to the bedrock.

Last edited:
On the other hand, I built my outpost on the "Giga" mountain which is aptly named. When you play with fire, you have chances to be burn :D
It remember me a modded minecraft map that I built a big nuclear reactor in the middle of my base, and test some core cooling layouts... It blew up and let an enormous radioactive crater* :D
*a good 300 blocks diameter circle totally empty from the ground to the bedrock.
Happened to me once in Simcity 2013.

Started playing in the desert region where there was much space, it lured very much to build a giant metropolis. So thought that a nuclear power plant would do the trick. Little did I realize that vast joules of electricity demanded a vast amount of water, something not really at large in the desert.

Sometime later when my little city was starting to Sproul into a flourishing metropolis, the inevitable happened. One of the nuclear reactors blew up, taking with it the entire nuclear power plant, and leaving one huge crater where it used to sit.

Totally oblivious as to the cause, in order to safe the city, I just went ahead and build a new nuclear plant so the city at least had electricity.

Pretty quickly the entire city's population got sick and started to die one by one. Was pretty mesmerized by the whole situation as the hospital became overcrowded fast with people that just got out got sick again and eventually died as ambulances couldn't reach them in time due to the high workload.

It was only some time later that I discovered on the charts that the entire city suffered from high levels of nuclear radiation. At the time there was no way to get rid of it, so that city was lost.

Frustrated, decided to just melt it down by unleashing all disasters on it. But yeah, not exactly a good idea to build a nuclear power plant in the desert, as I also always kept struggling to cool the plant sufficiently.

Unfortunately, no such thing in CE. Practically, the only real challenge comes from other players, if it worked correctly in less stresses from the purge, and the stability of your builds. The bigger the build, the more you had to take into account the overall structural integrity. That really was a lovely minigame of its own.

If you build next to an energy source like coal, ore or oil, there can be some monsters that you have to fight to get it. But if you have thralls, they are usually enough to do the job for you. And there is the temperature, that's easy contained by wearing appropriate clothes and gear.

It definitely hurts when someone destroys your work of art in matter of seconds. I just poured my soul into this post here.

Anyhoo, back to more happy (?) things! How to use the copper quarry after everything has been mined out and make it usable again? Plant something in it.
pelto kuopassa.jpg

One can never remember what chest included what, right? (I saw this solution somewhere in internet and figured the idea is very usable)
varasto.jpg

And finally a treehouse at the end of the swamp...
swamphouse.jpg

Our very first actual base in Conan exiles (actual game mode, no cheats). Made of sandstone and currently trying to upgrade at lest bottom floor to stonebrick version. Oh boy does the upgrading thing require A LOT of stuff :D But slowly getting there!

First actual base.jpg

Soooo I thought I would have been over Sims4 by now, but here we go again... This is my Vampire cave 2.0 with grandparents, parents, kids and pets living in it. So max 8 sims/household. Bit small, you think? Is this another micro size apartment?

Vampirecave2.0UP.jpg

Well, it is vampire family living in it and they hate daylight and don't want to get too much attention, so the thing keeps going underground. Actual main floor and apartment is one floor down. And below that you can find grandparent's "cottage" and garden. Had to shrink some trees a bit, but I'm quite happy with the end result.

Vampirecave2.0middle.jpg

Vampirecave2.0Garden.jpg

Just few days (weeks) of work on a new 1.19 map.
So my starter base...
But like always, it's a temporary (and unfinished^^) base while waiting to build all the farms possible and a decent storage for then, build a "true" and big base, easily :)
19-08-2022_17-07-02-vww0mbj1.jpeg19-08-2022_17-12-16-kdjz4rgi.jpeg
So the automatic storage is done or almost, need a bit more decorations and modifications. My "villagers trading hall" is also done. And all the farms that don't require a specific locations are done too. Thank to the new map generation (bedrock level from Y=0 to Y=-59), all of that is possible underground in an area of "only" 3x3 chuncks wide around a two way bubble elevator :)
19-08-2022_17-05-10-bpgdmcep.jpeg

19-08-2022_17-05-54-2u44f3ez.jpeg

19-08-2022_17-08-26-otltg2iy.jpeg
19-08-2022_17-09-53-prnm3fbk.jpeg
19-08-2022_17-10-39-ewujqi52.jpeg

Almost ready to buil the real house (Town) above :)

Edit : Behind the scene (the sorting system of the storage)
19-08-2022_17-39-30-nwkjsb31.jpg

Last edited:
At last, I remember to post some Valheim building screenshots.

The towers in the last one are only partially built by me, but they are in the same world as the house, so I included them.

The house was the first, and so far only, time I have ever used the game's creative mode. It took hours to complete.

20220822154213_1.jpg

20220822154240_1.jpg

20220822154327_1.jpg

20220822154346_1.jpg

20220822154405_1.jpg

20220822154422_1.jpg

20220822154439_1.jpg

20220822154517_1.jpg
20220822154455_1.jpg

20220822154633_1.jpg

The towers are for diving as deep as possible. We did not have access to stone when we built the one on the right.

Bit more Valheim creative mode. Finally finished (for now) my harbor, which I'm quite happy with this time. Previous saves got somehow destroyed so "unfortunately" I had to start all over again...

Anyhoo, here is my brand new harbor with blacksmith, clothing shop, bath house, potion shop, few market places, inn, farm house and public toilets.

NewHarborDay.jpg

NewHarmorNight.jpg

winery.jpgarmory.jpgtoilets.jpgRestaurant.jpg

Bit more Valheim creative mode. Finally finished (for now) my harbor, which I'm quite happy with this time. Previous saves got somehow destroyed so "unfortunately" I had to start all over again...

Anyhoo, here is my brand new harbor with blacksmith, clothing shop, bath house, potion shop, few market places, inn, farm house and public toilets.

View attachment 11322347
View attachment 11322350

View attachment 11322353View attachment 11322356View attachment 11322359View attachment 11322362
Quite huge (love the toilets^^) (y)

Steam had free demo of Lego Brick Tales available. Some kind of story to go with building and puzzle solving. For progressing the story, you have to build structures that won't break when used and afterwards there is also sandbox mode for more creative versions with more unlimited bricks. So far it seems to be fun. Maybe nothing super amazing, but if you need something simple and fun and like building, you can give it a go.

Top Bottom