Let Us All Remember the Original Trailer -- 9 yrs Ago

+
[EDIT] I take back the video preview/Alt comparison. TOTALLY different person. My bad. Apologies. Please allow my miscreance and don't slaughter me for it. Consider my original intent here. Thank you.
Our first inclination and expectation of this game
Did they deliver on that? Well .......
NINE YEARS LATER!!!
YES!! Hard yes. On the level of Feel and Environment.
Character level? NOPE! What's going on there? (spoiler: that's Alt fockin aboot der hey. NOTE the Alt pose compared to posters. That's cyberpsycho Alt in that trailer)
I mean .... Pushed out too early? Not fully tested? What TF were they doing then? NINE FREAKIN YEARS!!!
NOTE! Official reports have shown that one of their testing companies was faking shit. So that's not good.

Last edited:
Character level? NOPE! What's going on there? (spoiler: that's Alt fockin aboot der hey. NOTE the Alt pose compared to posters. That's cyberpsycho Alt in that traile
Alt in this trailer ?
Either I misunderstood, either you're wrong :)
In the trailer, it's Melissa Rory who became a MaxTac officer after the massacre. You can meet her during the quest "Bullets".

Edit : on a side note, yes, nine years... but to quote @ooodrin :
"In conclusion: Cyberpunk was announced eight years ago, but development didn't really start until 2016."
And I remember the trailer very well, I absolutely love the music, so I rewatch it time to time :love:

Last edited:
I do remember, though from the teaser I had way different expectations about what the story would be like; I imagined the PC would be an ex-cop/MaxTac or something...
Also thought it was curious CDPR making a Cyberpunk game, the original RPG being very niche, kind of like making a RIFTS video game.
Pushed out too early? Not fully tested? What TF were they doing then? NINE FREAKIN YEARS!!!
Reportedly development on the current game did not start until 2016, until then the major focus was on Witcher 3, though a Bloomberg article implies work up until that point was very different.

NINE YEARS LATER!!!
Character level? NOPE! What's going on there? (spoiler: that's Alt fockin aboot der hey. NOTE the Alt pose compared to posters. That's cyberpsycho Alt in that trailer)
I mean .... Pushed out too early? Not fully tested? What TF were they doing then? NINE FREAKIN YEARS!!!
NOTE! Official reports have shown that one of their testing companies was faking shit. So that's not good.
As @LeKill3rFou already said, we see Melissa Rory who went cyberpsycho and killed those fourteen people. The 'shock' the video was supposed to convey, i think, is that the police didn't execute her for her crimes but reformed her and incorporated her into their most powerful peacekeeping forces: MaxTac.
Outside of that the video shows virtually nothing from which you can deduce wether or not the game we've received delivered. Because there's nothing conveyed in the video to pin anything on other than a small story beat (which actually IS in the game)

Alt in this trailer ?
Either I misunderstood, either you're wrong :)
In the trailer, it's Melissa Rory who became a MaxTac officer after the massacre. You can meet her during the quest "Bullets".

And I remember the trailer very well, I absolutely love the music, so I rewatch it time to time :love:
OHO! Thanks. My bad.

Guest 3847602

This thing about development really starting in 2016 was a known fact all along:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...earnest-until-after-witcher-3-hearts-of-stone
https://www.vgr.com/cyberpunk-2077-development-rebooted/
It somehow became "CDPR's darkest secret exposed by J. Schreier" :coolstory:

As for the old trailer itself - I liked it, but it was too vague to get me super-hyped.

I hear the various .... Statements.
Differences in system capability come into account too. For instance, the PC Pool of Radiance has no music while other computers do

Last edited:
I'm going full-on first to last
Any of y'all done that?
I'll mostly depend on stats and situation ... BUT!
there's special rules
I have two thieves for instance. One Fighter/thief the other MU/thief
and two dwarven fighters ... married
a half-elf halfling-thief
NO HUMANS
the ONLY reason i have half-elves is cuz cleric
and BOTH are cleric/mg-u
MOST of my party is multi-class ...... except my two frontline married dwarves

BUT
this is all AD&D gold box

"LET US ALL REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL TRAILER -- 9 YRS AGO"

Was always of the assumption that development of Cyberpunk 2077 took 8 years. As it slowly begins to lean to a start of development no sooner then 2016, could indicate the coming expansion to be released a whole lot bigger then anticipated by the player base. Guess we shall see.

The story of Melissa Rory however... ...I don't understand how that came about.

It was Melissa herself that told V that any target MaxTac comes into contact with that's under the influence of cyberpsychosis, is rarely being brought in alive...very rarely. How does the Cyberpunk lore explain it that MaxTac, that encountered this particular cyberpsycho, instead of executing her, spared her, and not only that, brought her in alive, and recruited her as one of their own?

If it's gonna tell that Melissa Rory herself was this one rare occasion, I'm gonna leave this story for what it is.

Last edited:
The story of Melissa Rory however... ...I don't understand how that came about.

It was Melissa herself that told V that any target MaxTac comes into contact with that's under the influence of cyberpsychosis, is rarely being brought in alive...very rarely. How does the Cyberpunk lore explain it that MaxTac, that encountered this particular cyberpsycho, instead of executing her, spared her, and not only that, brought her in alive, and recruited her as one of their own?
If it's gonna tell that Melissa Rory herself was this one rare occasion, I'm gonna leave this story for what it is.
The Psychos of MaxTac
You waiting for a bottomline? Here it is. ALL MaxTac members used to be CYBERPSYCHOS themselves. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. The same people who butchered innocents on the streets just a month, a week, a day earlier are now are now our knights in shining armor. Is it any surprise nearly each of their "interventions" ends in an "unavoidable" massacre? Just some funny coincidence?! You tell me!
Melissa Rory
On January 10, 2077, Rory was likely driven to cyberpsychosis from her implant, and killed 14 people. She was a rare case of MaxTac apprehending a cyberpsycho alive, and after being reconditioned, she was forced to join their ranks. Melisa kept her Higurashis as a reminder of her actions.
A message about her on a computer, during "The Hunt"
Melissa Rory - latest research
To: Noemi Redweed, Jean-Paul Petit

Based on the latest research on the subject, it appears the patient suffers from relapses of antisocial behaviors. The recommended treatment approach is limited environmental stimulation and increased doses of neuroleptics (see treatment details in attachment).
I'll remind you this is not an isolated case but a fairly common problem among members of MaxTac. The NCPD is pushing for more resources put into cyberpsychosis research but our facility simply can't accommodate uptick right now.
And a friendly reminder: Please email your applications for overtime next quarter by no later than tomorrow EOD.

Thanks for clearing that up. Guess that last guy's gun in the vid was empty.
We don't see him shoot :)
So he probably change his mind or received the "order" to change his mind, because she offered no resistance and that she would probably make a recruit of choice (or he have like V, a non-lethal mod on his crusher^^)
And I believe "it's rare", because some can be "saved" (or reconditionned as they say...) like the lieutenant Mower (militech girl), but the majority are completely crazy and lost their mind (like the maelstromer girl) :D

The "fun" fact, is in messages with Zane
"What better way to stop a cyberpsycho than another cyberpsycho"
Which remind me a "famous" line from Demolition Man :
"send a maniac to catch a maniac"

Last edited:
That trailer is still dope after all these years. Honestly, never grew up around a lot of tabletop games, but given my love for the theme, when I saw that trailer drop in my college years I went to find out whatever I could about the world. Funnily, I never ran into the Max-Tac gig until like my 4th playthrough. I didn't expect any sort of callback to the teaser from so long ago, and it's a very nice touch indeed.

The only part of that video that gives me any distress relative to what we got is the ending: it will be ready when it's ready.

That still stings a bit, but they seem to have returned to that principle, so I'm satisfied.

Funny thing, is that actually you can see Alt in the video
1661010405024.png

1661010622898.png

About the trailer, I remember watching it maybe couple of years after they released and thought "cool a CP2020 game" and forget about it till 1 week before release of CP2077 that a colleague mentioned that it was going to be released... I think that in general it helps to don´t go with any expectation about a game, specially if its built over a CGI trailer.

As nice and catchy this teaser is to look and hear at. I rather remember the 2018 Demo
and the vision the developers showed us there, than this one.

2018 Vision of Cyberpunk 2077

Might not be as catchy and leaves less room for imagination, but i believe it is still worth
remembering and looking at what CP77 could' ve been (with all the teased systems in there)
Like humanity loss, streetcred actually used to have either respectfull or hostile reactions
from NPCs, with that better NPC interactions as well *wink wink*

I would claim this still "stings" more, doesn' t it? But i do not say CP77 is a bad game whatsoever
on the contrary, it is a good game (specially after 1.5) but it could' ve been a exellent game.
HA! could you imagine what CDPR would ve been able to do with an "unrated" patch for CP77?
:cool:

[EDIT] I take back the video preview/Alt comparison. TOTALLY different person. My bad. Apologies. Please allow my miscreance and don't slaughter me for it. Consider my original intent here. Thank you.
NINE YEARS LATER!!!
I just feel bad for people who quit it and never picked it back up. The game is the perfect replacement for Fallout 4 to me. Now instead of replaying a modded fallout 4 every few months, I play cyberpunk. The world is so rich. I still can't wrap my head around the verticality of the city.
Post automatically merged:

As nice and catchy this teaser is to look and hear at. I rather remember the 2018 Demo
and the vision the developers showed us there, than this one.

2018 Vision of Cyberpunk 2077

Might not be as catchy and leaves less room for imagination, but i believe it is still worth
remembering and looking at what CP77 could' ve been (with all the teased systems in there)
Like humanity loss, streetcred actually used to have either respectfull or hostile reactions
from NPCs, with that better NPC interactions as well *wink wink*

I would claim this still "stings" more, doesn' t it? But i do not say CP77 is a bad game whatsoever
on the contrary, it is a good game (specially after 1.5) but it could' ve been a exellent game.
HA! could you imagine what CDPR would ve been able to do with an "unrated" patch for CP77?
:cool:
I was so hyped for this game! I watched that video you shared non-stop when it came out.

One of the best game trailers/teasers ever made. The Witcher 3 had unbelievable trailers as well.

Top Bottom