Cyberpunk is ~0.88 positive rating in Steam (update: change 2% from last month)

+

Surma.

Forum regular
Was checking recent review scores after watching some guy arguing about the score in YouTube and recided to take a look at Steam scores, especially the recent scores. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091500/Cyberpunk_2077/#app_reviews_hash

1662640129443.png

Decided to do some math since I wasn't able to find the recent review scores anymore (I guess Steam took it out due to the constant downvote bombing).

Likes per day (30 scores)
102 + 143 + 130 + 177 + 149 + 150 + 107 + 133 + 102 + 123 +
120 + 132 + 93 + 97 + 87 + 98 + 73 + 91 + 97 + 87 +
70 + 82 + 72 + 52 + 92 + 86 + 88 + 174 + 284 + 79
Total: 3370 likes

Dislikes per day (30 scores)
29 + 24 + 24 + 25 + 17 + 22 + 24 + 12 + 12 + 19 +
20 + 18 + 13 + 13 + 12 + 19 + 14 + 13 + 12 + 20 +
14 + 12 + 5 + 13 + 15 + 19 + 16 + 29 + 63 + 13
Total: 561

Score
Thumbs up/Total thumbs given
3370/(3370+561) ~= 0.857

Man, if they can upgrade the base game and get people trying this game and recommending to others, this game would totally explode in popularity.
If expansion can expand on the base game and making the necessary reworks to the open world with police AI, Maxtac, gangs chasing with bikes in random events, new arcades, some reworks on the combat for each class to make them more interesting, random spawning events, small diablo 3 style minibosses with different perks that spawn within those groups etc. Companions...

I really wish multiplayer is still coming, perhaps with the expansion or soon after. Gonna be exciting half a year to see what's going to happen (assuming game is coming in Q1)

Maybe I'm reading into too much what was said in the most recent investors call about ambitious goals but to me it sounded like there's more content planned for the game as whole.

Last edited:
I noticed as well. I think 2022 has been kind to the game with the 1.5/Next Gen launch. A lot of the fixes and improvements have been terrific. For a SP game, the player count at any given time is higher than a lot of other big titles like Doom Eternal, and that's just talking about the Steam version, not including GOG, console or other platforms. I think as more gets added to the world and the focus is off last gen consoles, the game is just going to get greater overall. Last Night City Wire gave me plenty to be excited about.

I really wish multiplayer is still coming, perhaps with the expansion or soon after. Gonna be exciting half a year to see what's going to happen (assuming game is coming in Q1)
As far as I know, Multiplayer was clearly abandoned. No game under Red Engine will ever receive any mulitplayer features.
All hopes have to be "resdirected" on new games with Unreal Engine :)

Surma.

Forum regular
As far as I know, Multiplayer was clearly abandoned. No game under Red Engine will ever receive any mulitplayer features.
All hopes have to be "resdirected" on new games with Unreal Engine :)

I think they just said that next game will be on Unreal Engine, don't think they ever said that multiplayer was cancelled for their own proprietary engine.

No mentions about knowledge of Unreal Engine in description. And RedEngine runs code similar to C++ to my knowledge.

Even if their Red2.0 strategy would mean multiplayer is created with Unreal Engine, it could always be that the backend of the software runs unreal engine while the client side still could use their engine.

It's pretty normal for servers to communicate using different code entirely. For example client code does rarely if ever understand SQL and yet the servers are fully run by them.

Even in the case of MP not coming to CP2077, its very likely it'll be arriving for whatever they plan to do after. It would be too tasty treat to miss. So much potential with all the hacking and cameras and crazy bipedal tank / exoskeleton gear and AV combat going on. They got a ton of systems to make PvP really-really unique, along with co-op missions of course, man that'd be crazy to drive in with 4 people in same car into a gunfight and trying to take out some big guy and trying to make exit while 20 cars chase you.

Kinda only thing holding PvP back is that game would likely have too much variety that would have to be narrowed somehow, necessary itemization for each character type for easier identification? Taking out talents in PvP? Limiting items like healing to 5 stims per round?

Most likely scenario is that the game would have a completely separate mode to it, but part of me wishes for somekind of central hub, like the Arena that's currently sitting empty...

OH and btw from what I found in Wiki:
"The stadium and its surroundings will be heavily reworked and will become accessible in the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty expansion."

SOOOOOOO, nobody ever mentioned this before in anywhere. Stadium is going to be an active playground, very likely for paid fighting ring.

Last edited:
I think they just said that next game will be on Unreal Engine, don't think they ever said that multiplayer was cancelled for their own proprietary engine.
I can't quote it, maybe someone will, but I'm almost sure that MP on Red Engine was announced as "cancelled". Unreal Engine already integrate MP features and multiplayer games already run on Unreal Engine. So great chances to see multiplayer on their next games ;)

Well deserved. No matter what anyone says, it's a very unique and artistic game, that tackles both socially relevant issues and everlasting questions. With great characters, art-design and ambient soundtrack to boot.
Mark my words, it's going to be a cult classic in a future.

I can't quote it, maybe someone will, but I'm almost sure that MP on Red Engine was announced as "cancelled". Unreal Engine already integrate MP features and multiplayer games already run on Unreal Engine. So great chances to see multiplayer on their next games ;)

They never actually said outright that they abandoned all plans for MP on REDengine.

What they did say is this :

The Cyberpunk expansion is the last product based on REDengine,
and further products will be based on UE

So, yes, it could theoretically stil happen but MP for CP2077 would require extensive work on an engine they are planning on abandoning. Furthermore, the majority seems to be far more interested in SP content than in MP content. It just stands to reason that MP isn't happening and anyone holding out hope for it will most likely be very disappointed.

Anyway, a very well deserved surge in positive ratings.

So, yes, it could theoretically stil happen but MP for CP2077 would require extensive work on an engine they are planning on abandoning
Though from what we heard post launch they had worked on it 2 years prior to launch, making this 4 year project if it wasn't canned, though it started with small team and has likely continued if not abandoned under CDPR Vancouver office after acquisition

Though understanding that it's been 2 years soon since launch that most of the playerbase has gone for while, so it's not like if they release multiplayer with the expansion that 20 million people (assuming that those are the sales prior launch) are just going to hop in day 1.

But its likely that multiplayer would have 5-10 million active users in the first month, and maybe 1 million daily players, though likely would drop soon after, but who knows, maybe it'd get really popular if PVP is really good and we could start seeing GTA Online numbers, and people who weren't initially interested might re-install it, especially if the expansion is godlike.

Last edited:
They never actually said outright that they abandoned all plans for MP on REDengine.
"Over the past few years we have been working on developing our multiplayer technology. With the recent decision to start a strategic partnership with Epic Games and use Unreal Engine 5, which offers advanced multiplayer solutions, we have further development of our proprietary multiplayer technology and an associated write-down of nearly $ 4.90 million." Piotr Nielubowicz said this.
They also said:
"Following the decision to change the underlying game engine and conclusion of a licensing and partnership agreement with Epic Games International, we gained access to multiplayer solutions available in Unreal Engine 5, as a result of which we abandoned further R&D work on adding multiplayer elements to REDEngine."

Attachments

• Screenshot (147).jpg
    Screenshot (147).jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 48
"Over the past few years we have been working on developing our multiplayer technology. With the recent decision to start a strategic partnership with Epic Games and use Unreal Engine 5, which offers advanced multiplayer solutions, we have further development of our proprietary multiplayer technology and an associated write-down of nearly $ 4.90 million." Piotr Nielubowicz said this.
They also said:
"Following the decision to change the underlying game engine and conclusion of a licensing and partnership agreement with Epic Games International, the Company gained access to multiplayer solutions available in Unreal Engine 4 and 5, as a result of which it abandoned further R&D work on adding multiplayer elements to REDEngine."

Ah!

I remembered reading that but I couldn't locate it again and assumed I was misremembering.

Thanks for that.

"Following the decision to change the underlying game engine and conclusion of a licensing and partnership agreement with Epic Games International, we gained access to multiplayer solutions available in Unreal Engine 5, as a result of which we abandoned further R&D work on adding multiplayer elements to REDEngine."
This is a little tricky language, since it still doesn't clearly state that with the move to UE5 they took out the idea of multiplayer from CP2077 entirely.

It could mean that they didn't need any more research and development time for the technologies on how to create the multiplayer elements due to how majority of the work on it was already done. So it could be that they just copied those solutions, and the remaining work regarding multiplayer would be to modify the base game around it.

But yeah, it seems pretty strong evidence against it.... pretty far stretch. Though maybe there's a translation error, or that statement was in error due to language barrier, and what was meant to state that the solutions to the multiplayer problems were adapted with the deal.

But if this isn't the case... and they are still recruiting for "Witcher (series) / Cyberpunk 2077" for multiplayer... could this be an error? Maybe the multiplayer part will be done in UE5 and somehow slapped into the core game. Perhaps CP2077 will be remade in UE5 in release of expansion? Except it was specifically mentioned to stay in RedEngine..... So... hybrid? Next game with multiplayer already being in development? Free To Play game completely separate from CP2077? But why the 2077 name in application then and not call it series...? If they want to hide it, just mention "unnamed projects".

It's just strange how there seems to be this "ambitious goals" and multiplayer recruitment for CP2077, basically starting a development of multiplayer for the next game before their expansion is even released for previous title.

Something doesn't add up.

Last edited:
They also said:
Ah!
I remembered reading that but I couldn't locate it again and assumed I was misremembering.
So I wasn't totally wrong finally :)
Post automatically merged:

This is a little tricky language, since it still doesn't clearly state that with the move to UE5 they took out the idea of multiplayer from CP2077 entirely.
Maybe it's me, but it's not "tricky language" :
"as a result of which we abandoned further R&D work on adding multiplayer elements to REDEngine."

But clearly, Cyberpunk 2077 (the game that we currently have) won't receive any multiplayer element (Cyberpunk 2077 > Red Engine).
If there is a Cyberpunk multiplayer, it would be a different game and will run on Unreal Engine.

It really isn't.

It's a really clear statement like @LeKill3rFou pointed out.

These MP solutions they have gained access to through UE5 also can't just be "copied" to REDengine. It doesn't work that way. Not to mention the legality of it.

We'll see MP being added to the franchise at some point, as well as The Witcher, but it will not be on REDengine.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\base

1662654638022.png

Using text search for "multiplayer" through \bin folder I get 265 results. (maybe I shouldn't reveal content or techniques here...)

Last edited:

No mentions about knowledge of Unreal Engine in description. And RedEngine runs code similar to C++ to my knowledge.

Even if their Red2.0 strategy would mean multiplayer is created with Unreal Engine, it could always be that the backend of the software runs unreal engine while the client side still could use their engine.

It's pretty normal for servers to communicate using different code entirely. For example client code does rarely if ever understand SQL and yet the servers are fully run by them.

Even in the case of MP not coming to CP2077, its very likely it'll be arriving for whatever they plan to do after. It would be too tasty treat to miss. So much potential with all the hacking and cameras and crazy bipedal tank / exoskeleton gear and AV combat going on. They got a ton of systems to make PvP really-really unique, along with co-op missions of course, man that'd be crazy to drive in with 4 people in same car into a gunfight and trying to take out some big guy and trying to make exit while 20 cars chase you.

Kinda only thing holding PvP back is that game would likely have too much variety that would have to be narrowed somehow, necessary itemization for each character type for easier identification? Taking out talents in PvP? Limiting items like healing to 5 stims per round?

Most likely scenario is that the game would have a completely separate mode to it, but part of me wishes for somekind of central hub, like the Arena that's currently sitting empty...

OH and btw from what I found in Wiki:
"The stadium and its surroundings will be heavily reworked and will become accessible in the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty expansion."

SOOOOOOO, nobody ever mentioned this before in anywhere. Stadium is going to be an active playground, very likely for paid fighting ring.

I'd like to point out that mp programer job has been up there for a long time; much like that camera programmer that mentions 3rd person.

1662709864742.png

Also noticed this in Epic store, I suppose this is the total score from all reviews, so in 0 to 10 score this would be 9.2. Not bad for a game that had harsh launch with a ton of downvote bombing, even higher than the most recent Steam scores.

( source https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091500/Cyberpunk_2077 )

1664869301316.png

Review Scores:
88 + 174 + 284 + 170 + 153 + 135 + 143 + 168 + 157 + 256 +
352 + 410 + 502 + 673 + 655 + 669 + 666 + 679 + 738 + 901 +
977 + 915 + 756 + 747 + 704 + 684 + 749 + 761 + 637 + 180
= 15083

16 + 29 + 63 + 24 + 34 + 26 + 47 +26 + 49 + 44 +
66 + 77 + 82 + 92 + 121 + 96 + 100 + 99 + 111 + 141 +
141 + 106 + 83 + 80 + 84 + 66 + 68 + 76 + 60 + 24
= 2131

Total posivite score = UP / TOTAL (UP + DOWN) = 15083/(2131+15083) ~= 0.876 or 88%

Change 2% from September 8th poll I did last time.

When they rework the police system and can hopefully maintain strong sales, this game will easily start surging into toward 90% overall positive score when if and when game keeps getting new audience from large sales.

In the most recent strategy update there was mention ONLINE being "in the pipeline" and CDPR actively hiring more devs, hopefully we're going to keep hearing a lot of positive news for this franchise :).

Top Bottom