Add a bow as a weapon

+
I wish they add a variety of bows as weapons.
Overwatch Hanzo's bow is good example.

Attachments

• overwatch_hanzo.jpg
    overwatch_hanzo.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 58
Always have to think of Rambo when someone suggests grenade arrows and bows. (I'd love it.)
"First Blood" is still underrated as a political movie by most, who think it's just another 80's action movie...

Always have to think of Rambo when someone suggests grenade arrows and bows. (I'd love it.)
"First Blood" is still underrated as a political movie by most, who think it's just another 80's action movie...
The very reason why it's IMO the only good Rambo film and stands on its own.

Returning to topic, a bow with explosive arrows like Rambo's or Katniss Everdeen's wouldn't be out of place indeed, but quite the contrary

I'd love to see bows in 2077.
Maybe as a weapon that can be toggled between power/smart/tech?
Or maybe a bow for each?

Power bow could be designed with the same synthetic muscle as cyberware in the limbs, to imply draw weights of over 100 lb, and throwing heavy or explosive/emp/gas arrowheads.
Smart bow could have targeting system where modern sportsbows have sights.
Techbow would be trickier to design, as bowlimbs don't really lend themselves to EM accelerator designs, and adding a rail for arrow to follow kinda messes with the aesthetic of a bow.

All bows could have a built in quiver mounted parallel to the lower limb, that automatically feeds an arrow, in a shortened state, to the rest and the rest having a device that 3D prints the shaft as the arrow is drawn back.

I could imagine all bows being effectively silenced weapons (while power bow still allowing ricochets, and offering silenced option for smart and tech weapons) and arrow hits having far more kinetic impact than bullets.
Bow damage could scale off of melee damage perks, or directly off of body stat.

Yes, I may have overthought this idea a bit.

Could be cool. Especially since the tabletop had bows as a viable weapon group. Would be super interesting to see how they adapt that

From what I remember of TT, (I had the 2020 books for a while,) bows were very niche. Not particularly powerful, or easily concealable, but they were effectively silent. They generally don't fit super well with the cyberpunk world, unless you are dead set on making a "Hawkeye" type action-movie-hero-with-signature-weapon type of character.

It would be cool if bows get added to game, to have them all get a stealth damage buff if gorilla arms are equipped, as V dials up the poundage to maximum.

Give bow plz. Just Mechanized compound bow will be enough. Just put it in Cool, and give it the same perks as precision rifles.

I doubt they'll add anything more to this game now, seems to have fully switched focus to their future titles now and probably training staff on unreal engine 5

Last edited:
There are two bows listed in CP 2020 source book:

EagleTech "Tomcat" Compound Bow
EX
0 N C
4D6
12 1
VR
Gyrobalanced, stabilized compound bow. Silent & deadly.

EagleTech "Stryker" Crossbow
EX
-1N C
3D6+3
12 1
VR
Plastic and bimetal crossbow. Silent, deadly, and you usually get your ammo back.
Think they are as lethal as mid to higher tier submachine guns to low to mid tier assault rifles (Tomcat).

Think arrows could be difficult. Logically enemies should notice them if they appear to in their field of vision.

For video game, could it be arm cyberware? I never came to try any of projectile launcher arm cyberware, are they silent?

Anyway, it could be strong if were cybernetically loading crossbow concealed inside arm like Mantis blades and expanded from there to something like wrist mounted weapon, to make it easier to aim.

Top Bottom