Hoping for Third Person option soon for consoles

+
Think that would be against the rules but i know what your talking about. The way they gone about it is pretty cool but at the same time it has problems. Fov is very odd and it feels like the eyes are in the neck of V. I often feel weird after playing so im kinda glad im on PC atleast with the 100 fov.

Sadly proper FPP will be impossible for most games due too screen limitations :D 16x9 (or any other formats tbh) are just way too little to properly simulate real vision.
I think, I'm kinda used to, I always play in first person when its available since ever, with few exceptions when the first person view is really too bad for me (and above always on console, where you have no control on almost any settings^^).
It's when I start to play in third person that it feel a bit odd. I have the impression that the character is always in front of what I want to watch (in short, to always have to put the camera a little to the side to see or walk in front of me).

Anyway, if the game is good, the type of view is really not a thing that bothers me more than that :D

Last edited:
Love the game, the world is absolutely stunning. It just makes ZERO sense to make a RPG without being able to see the character you created in game play. Takes the immersion out for me. I really hope CDPR is working on a Third person option for consoles.

Honestly I prefer to see my PNG in cutscenes, not during the gameplay, 3d person animations are often awful or incomplete

I think the first person only gameplay is fine. Having third person too would be nice, but I don't see it as a major flaw in the game.

I definitely prefer third person cutscenes though. They had them in some of the initial gameplay trailers and stuff like that - wish they would have stuck with it.

IMO at the very least they could implement a vanity camera for walking and slow run. It could automatically deactivate when you jump or take a weapon. I don't think (I am no devs though) it's the most impossible thing to do do to have a decent walking animation and a boutton to juste rotate the camera around the character. Photo mode is great but it's a shame it stops the gameplay or the movement of your character. Anyway I am on the team that hope it eventually arrive even if it were never promised. I just think it would add to the experience to have this extra liberty.

Third person perspective for option big budget FPS focused game just coming in a trend
like in Call of Duty or Resident evil village and it's have very positive feedback from the fans

this's a trend that 2077 should really hop on it since the game has too much wasted potentials

1663708894373.png

1663708842769.png
1663709036602.png

Post automatically merged:

and the problem with TPS/FPS are quite tricky is
with third person games they decide the game to compensate the camera that far away from the head of players model
so the object in the would would be larger look distinctive from more afar
and the world itself also become larger than real life
take METAL GEAR RISING or WATCH DOG or GTA for example

int those game the doors frame are larger than normal human size so it would let the camera could move according to players model smoothly
the world design would have a lot of open space wide area to compensate that too

the office are huge than a parking lot, the elevator bigger than a whole apartment room
something like that

1663710440941.png

now come to 2077 the tricky part is CDPR design this world with realistic size in mind so a lot of tight areas that camera movement can't flow freely like in just any TPS from the beginning game

like in this elevator in ALL FOODS in the mission the pick up for example the camera clip through when talking to dumdum

So they can't just change the placement of the camera done

20220915234818_1.jpg

the camera placement would have to program to move more dynamically to avoid clipping like in Call of Duty and Resident Evil Village when they make the game that was designed with FPS in mind to become TPS they have to program the camera to move in and out to avoid clipping when going to narrow space

1663711921945.png

1663711956187.png

and the other issue is the animation that in the third person could use some adjustment but in scripted events, it seems already animated well enough in most cases even when using TPP mod on these events
even it looks not so dramatic when the camera is freely moving around

the more TPP cut scene in a place like this should be nice

20220915232116_1.jpg

But the biggest issue is the combat animations, the animations when in combat are the same as in first person so it looks not good at all since it only animated the crucial parts to look good on FPS only

but walking around the world in the third person could do it just fine since not much movement involve

anyway I still think that the DEV team could just import animations from NPCs in the games to replace it and hide the true player model animations when in TPP mode like in FALLOUT or SKYRIM where players have FPS models and TPS models than can be swapped on the fly

1663712730946.png

Last edited:
1st person = true immersive experience
3rd person = puppeteer
Cyberpunk2077, personally, don't see it as a game but a way to escape the realness, the joy provided is priceless.
Night City would never be the same iif it wasn't also for gonks lol
btw still looking for the entrance to the sewers, gawd damn CDPR, it's driving me nuuuuuutzs

I hope this will never happen. For me TPP removes immersion completely. I'm really happy that CDPR was brave enough to go for 1st person. I can't imagine an RPG without it. So please do not change it!!!
They should add a toggle option because I don't feel immersed whatsoever in first person

Third person perspective for option big budget FPS focused game just coming in a trend
like in Call of Duty or Resident evil village and it's have very positive feedback from the fans

this's a trend that 2077 should really hop on it since the game has too much wasted potentials

View attachment 11319851
View attachment 11319848View attachment 11319854

and the problem with TPS/FPS are quite tricky is
with third person games they decide the game to compensate the camera that far away from the head of players model
so the object in the would would be larger look distinctive from more afar
and the world itself also become larger than real life
take METAL GEAR RISING or WATCH DOG or GTA for example

int those game the doors frame are larger than normal human size so it would let the camera could move according to players model smoothly
the world design would have a lot of open space wide area to compensate that too

the office are huge than a parking lot, the elevator bigger than a whole apartment room
something like that

View attachment 11319857

now come to 2077 the tricky part is CDPR design this world with realistic size in mind so a lot of tight areas that camera movement can't flow freely like in just any TPS from the beginning game

like in this elevator in ALL FOODS in the mission the pick up for example the camera clip through when talking to dumdum

So they can't just change the placement of the camera done

View attachment 11319863

the camera placement would have to program to move more dynamically to avoid clipping like in Call of Duty and Resident Evil Village when they make the game that was designed with FPS in mind to become TPS they have to program the camera to move in and out to avoid clipping when going to narrow space

View attachment 11319866

View attachment 11319869

and the other issue is the animation that in the third person could use some adjustment but in scripted events, it seems already animated well enough in most cases even when using TPP mod on these events
even it looks not so dramatic when the camera is freely moving around

the more TPP cut scene in a place like this should be nice

View attachment 11319872

But the biggest issue is the combat animations, the animations when in combat are the same as in first person so it looks not good at all since it only animated the crucial parts to look good on FPS only

but walking around the world in the third person could do it just fine since not much movement involve

anyway I still think that the DEV team could just import animations from NPCs in the games to replace it and hide the true player model animations when in TPP mode like in FALLOUT or SKYRIM where players have FPS models and TPS models than can be swapped on the fly

View attachment 11319878
I got back into the game every once in a while because the malorian is one of my top favorite guns in fiction, then i find out they added transmog i started roaming around shopping pretty much. i think its a missed feature to not have the option to toggle the view because we are limited to two small eyes so to speak, compared to a third person camera that shows more of the city and the player as we roam it

had to crop the screenshot

Attachments

• F8910F4C-68C9-449F-8672-BEBE0AD3999B.jpeg
    F8910F4C-68C9-449F-8672-BEBE0AD3999B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 1AAF95C8-E558-44F9-BBE5-E44F147021FA.jpeg
    1AAF95C8-E558-44F9-BBE5-E44F147021FA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 0B579B9A-153A-45F3-A3E4-077BCBC96B9D.jpeg
    0B579B9A-153A-45F3-A3E4-077BCBC96B9D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • 32E4BE43-D3B0-46EE-99D6-065E91D6F32B.jpeg
    32E4BE43-D3B0-46EE-99D6-065E91D6F32B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • 327ED81C-2708-43FE-B7C1-40546A66B1BB.jpeg
    327ED81C-2708-43FE-B7C1-40546A66B1BB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
1st person = true immersive experience
3rd person = puppeteer
Cyberpunk2077, personally, don't see it as a game but a way to escape the realness, the joy provided is priceless.
Night City would never be the same iif it wasn't also for gonks lol
btw still looking for the entrance to the sewers, gawd damn CDPR, it's driving me nuuuuuutzs
I know the chicken is cooked at this point regarding CP2077, but I would have preferred Puppeteer, as if the players were the Nordic/Greek gods watching the mortal heroes' brave deeds and giving them sport, rather than seeing through their eyes

Love the game, the world is absolutely stunning. It just makes ZERO sense to make a RPG without being able to see the character you created in game play. Takes the immersion out for me. I really hope CDPR is working on a Third person option for consoles.
I started playing recently and was baffled there is no third person mode. I simply cant play the game like this. To me its really sad, I've played nothing but GTA V for the last ten years and was so hoping for a similar game. The world is stunning, immersive, but the ego perspective is driving me insane. @CDProjekt if you want people to play Cyberpunk, introduce a third person mode. I can't look at this game for half an hour without my eyes burning like hell. Until then...back to playing GTA I guess...

I started playing recently and was baffled there is no third person mode. I simply cant play the game like this. To me its really sad, I've played nothing but GTA V for the last ten years and was so hoping for a similar game. The world is stunning, immersive, but the ego perspective is driving me insane. @CDProjekt if you want people to play Cyberpunk, introduce a third person mode. I can't look at this game for half an hour without my eyes burning like hell. Until then...back to playing GTA I guess...
I guess you didn't pay attention :(
Advertised to not be GTA-like game and in first person only, since 2018 video trailer (at least).
It would be like saying:
I played Skyrim for the last years and I bought The Witcher 3. I'm so disappointed that there is no first person in this game, so then... I return on Skyrim...

Last edited:
20 million+ sales.

People are playing lol. Or have played and moved on since this is purely single player.

Few games can boast these numbers :shrug:

Yeah - I am pretty sure they just had over a million players a day for a month straight. They aren't struggling to get people to buy or play the game.

If you want GTA 6 that bad I think you are just going to have to wait for GTA 6.

Uuuuh I hit a nerve here xD Nevermind guys, enjoy yourself. Im out.

I don't think you hit a nerve, my friend.

People are just saying that they are not struggling for a player base for the game while it is in first person. It sold over 20 million copies and recently just had a month worth of over a million people playing a day. :)

I can't speak for anyone else but as far as I'm concerned, no, you haven't.

My post is objective and factual in nature. The 20+ million sales are real and few games being able to boast of 20+ million sales is also true.

3rd person is very much unnecessary for people to play the game. I say that as someone who prefers 3rd in most scenarios.

Not a fan of GTA but I get being unable to play a 1st person game. Takes all the pleasure of the experience for me. One of the reasons why for me The Witcher games are superior to Cyberpunk.

You don't, in my case :)
I simply found surprising to be "surprised" by some aspects of the game, two years after the release. I mean it's not reviews, articles, critics, let's play, streams, whatever which lack all around the net to be aware of what the game offer (or do not, in this case^^). Hence my example with TW3, if you would buy it now, you must be well aware of what you buying.

read all comments
to be fair and honest , first or third person view isn't about if one or legit or not but mostly all about each player feel the world , how he want to be on this world .

playing a lot of rpg , all kinds , 2D , 3D , jrpg , c-rpg , top down rpg ...
often if dev team pick one or few option for camera its mostly for thechnical purpose based on the scope of the project/game .

switching to first at third person view its not just only a "toogle" option ,
-dev need to look at the GUI/UI , how infor 're displayed on screen ( static or dynamic HUD )
- visibilty of the world ( in combat , in exploration , intereaction object )
there's many factor to looking at
for example even the FOV can be feel different on First person view than third person view :)
( same go for the feel of walking , running )

take an other example , just a game loop need to reword , in cyberpunk we can shoot on cover . if they add a third person view , dev team need to rework all this mecanic ( to resume cover on Unchertead isn't the same as the cover on Cyberbunk even in both game players can shoot at cover )

it'll be great to add more option for player to pick for camera view but that's not seems an easy task .^^

don't forget , first person view save a lot ressource CpU/GPU
don't forget , most all the game based for graphics on lighting , reflexion , its works great on first person view but can be messy on third person view ( they need to change AO , SSR , souce lighting .. all based on the focal point of first person view camera )

Top Bottom