Frame drop since 1.6

+
Tried to make some tests. So my fps usually drops to 20-25, from 40-50 after some time of play. CPU usage is around 60%, GPU around 60-80%, VRAM still have some space and there are still 16gb of ram free at that moment. The game just stops using the hardware to its full potential at some point.

Tried to make some tests. So my fps usually drops to 20-25, from 40-50 after some time of play. CPU usage is around 60%, GPU around 60-80%, VRAM still have some space and there are still 16gb of ram free at that moment. The game just stops using the hardware to its full potential at some point.
As always, if you've got data like that, send it in to CDPR Support:

Another possible (and official!) workaround for some people's issues can be found here:
1664319359679.png

Not complete on-topic, but I have noticed that with 1.6 frame rates are overall slightly slower (5-10fps), but the game looks better, with less texture and lighting pop-in and other visual issues. It's a good trade for me.

I don't understand how this isn't at the top cause this is a major issue. This game objectively runs worse and looks no better for that performance cost. What did CDPR do to cause such a dramatic drop? I used to get 60 locked in almost all occasions. It really tanks if it rains too. This is inexcusable. Games are supposed to run better the longer they're out not worse!

The frame rate drop for me from when I last played a couple months ago went from ~37ps to literally 5-6fps (using in-game benchmark), running a 12900k and a 3080Ti running the same settings (RTX Ultra at 7680 x 1440). The only things that have changed in that time are the video card drivers and 1.6 update.

Got annoyed enough to roll back my Nvidia drivers to what they were the last time I played (516.40). Was able to get ~36FPS with these drivers at 7680x1440 and 75FPS if I only ran on 1 monitor.

At least it is playable now.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed fps drops in Cyberpunk since you updated Nivida drivers? Could it be Nvidia drivers are causing this?

Has anyone noticed fps drops in Cyberpunk since you updated Nivida drivers? Could it be Nvidia drivers are causing this?
I updated my Nvidia drivers yesterday as I noticed there was a new one available.

I haven't played much Cyberpunk this week, but as pointed out few times here and there, (at least) Tom's Diner market place and Jig Jig Street market place used to cause major FPS drops and slow downs when opening/closing the menu. I had that problem too and going to those areas made the problem occur instantly.

Now after the driver update I spent several minutes in both of those areas by walking, running and jumping around and had absolutely no problems. FPS is generally bit lower in those areas than elsewhere in the game (as it has always been for me and depends how crowded the area is), but I didn't see any signs of those major and problematic FPS dives down to 9. Game seemed to be back to normal again.

So far to me it seems that updating the Nvidia driver fixed the issue. Hopefully it also stays that way the next time I have time to properly play the game. But at least for now those pointed out problem areas didn't cause any issues.

I'm no tech newb but I'm neither an overclocker nor settings tweaker or whatever, let alone one who keeps track of settings and numbers. But, as a pretty regular guy who simply likes to play video games and do it with the least amount of hassle, I'm feeling really frustrated since 1.6. My overall framerate has dropped while generally playing to an annoying level as well as during cut scenes (???) and I'm also dealing with a HUGE drop when exiting inventory/world - that last bit is infuriating. And why does the lighting in photo mode look extra weird now?

I know what I wrote doesn't actually help with the problem. I just want to express that there are [some number or vague amount] of us gamers out there who don't typically venture into an individual game's tech forums. However, we're feeling very frustrated too and also don't really know how to properly approach the problem to even attempt to solve it on our own. I just want a fix or a solid workaround for the time being.

Last edited:
Post automatically merged:

For that, did you check the "Cascaded Shadows" tip ?
Thank you; that has fixed the menu issue for me.

For that, did you check the "Cascaded Shadows" tip ?
Actually, that seems to have helped all around! Thank you again! :D

I really hate these friggin' "Your post has been merged a-hurr-durrp" messages.

Last edited:
Don't be sorry, not your fault. It was worth to try anyway :)
It just drives me crazy. You know how long I've been playing and now, with a new playthrough, everything seems to have fallen apart. But, on the positive side, here's my latest "screenshot" with my new V. :LOL:

Why can't starting a new V ever be easy?

ice-garry-jerry-skank.jpg

It just drives me crazy. You know how long I've been playing and now, with a new playthrough, everything seems to have fallen apart. But, on the positive side, here's my latest "screenshot" with my new V. :LOL:
I thought about it, but did you try to reset your Graphics and Videos settings to default and then re-adjust them ?
It solved some performance issues for some.
(I assume you probably won't be very inclined to do it, but maybe perform a clean install and quick try with a game without any mod, just to see if it's the same)

I thought about it, but did you try to reset your Graphics and Videos settings to default and then re-adjust them ?
It solved some performance issues for some.
(I assume you probably won't be very inclined to do it, but maybe perform a clean install and quick try with a game without any mod, just to see if it's the same)
Yeah, I tried that. And about a clean install... I did one after I did a clean install of Windows several days ago. I don't run anything exotic on this machine and it's the same hardware that I've been using for nearly two years. That's why I'm so frustrated - everything is about as clean and up to date as it gets.

It has to be on CDPR's end. They did something they messed up the optimization. I don't know what it is, but the game is objectively running worse no matter what your setup is.

It has to be on CDPR's end. They did something they messed up the optimization. I don't know what it is, but the game is objectively running worse no matter what your setup is.
Agreed. I don't know why I'm even trying to fix the issue myself; might as well just ratchet down my graphics settings to uncool and wait.

Agreed. I don't know why I'm even trying to fix the issue myself; might as well just ratchet down my graphics settings to uncool and wait.
At least send a report to the support, because yes if everyone see the same issue. With +100K of players just on Steam, I hardly imagine that they all experiment this kind of performence issue.
(@Sunsibar "apparently" saw an improvement by updating drivers, so...)

Top Bottom