Project Orion: Cyberpunk 2 Announced

+
So it begins, another journey towards the cyberpunk game of our dreams. Yes the first game 2077 underdelivered on several fronts (for some/most) but I really think they will get it right this time. To me CP77 felt more like a proof of concept a tech demo than a game and many other franchises had similar experiences like Assassins Creed where the first one was literally a tech demo but the sequel was amazing, CDPR will get it right this time. There are a lot of challenges though; do we keep first person only? Do we add more tactical RPG elements to the combat, do we play a fixed protagonist or do we make our own, these are kinks that need to be worked out.
The engine is another concern, not sure how much of a hassle it is for them to switch engines to UE5 but hopefully it will be a smooth transition.

What I want is basically what was promised from the get-go a game where choices matter and ripple through the gaming world, where you can tangibly see the affects of the choices you made on yourself and the world, I want a close knit crew that I can interact with and take gigs with, don't want an imaginary keanu reeves in my head and the most important thing that I want is a game that fully encompasses the full breath of the Cyberpunk 2020 universe, not just makes references to it.

As some of you know I'm a forum veteran, I started posting here 10years ago when CP77 was first announced and I and many of the posters back then were very vocal about the things we wanted and a lot of my suggestions actually made it into the final game. CDPR does listen, this is what makes them different from other developers, so please don't shy away from giving your 2 cents.

CDPR hats off to you guys for giving it another go you guys are heroes and its an honor to go on this journey with you guys once again. Pozdrawiam Polska!

Ikon för Verifierad av gruppen

1st-/3rd-person shooter with a cinematic story, some CYOA and few damage- and resistance stats.

Perhaps it improves on the dynamics of the city and traffic and makes shooting slickier. Maybe it adds multiplayer to boot.

Not expecting an RPG of any sort anymore.

Business as usual with big name releases, so no big surprises where it’d matter.

That’s my prediction.
Last time I made one in 2013, it turned out to be spot on.
Hope I’m wrong this time - I’ll find out in a few years, probably.

100% agree with OP. Also I would like cyberware to actually feel powerful (compared to the anime, projectile launcher in game is trash. especially on hard and very hard difficulties), and give enemies access to the same abilities the player can utilize.

While I've enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077, I do hope CDPR decides to use the third-person perspective in the next game. However, it will probably be a while before we get any concrete details, so I'll temper my expectations and try to keep an open mind about CDPR's approach for the next game.

While I've enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077, I do hope CDPR decides to use the third-person perspective in the next game. However, it will probably be a while before we get any concrete details, so I'll temper my expectations and try to keep an open mind about CDPR's approach for the next game.
back in 2012-13 we actually thought the game would come out 2017 at the latest. I think we will have a similar situation here, 2027-2028 launch date?

I should think so! Edgerunners has given us a taste of how good a Cyberpunk story can be...

1. Opinions. I thought Edgerunners was typical anime clichés. I much preferred CP2077's story. I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking otherwise but your point isn't much a point since it's just so subjective.
  2. People don't seem to learn. The game is nothing but a code word right now and there is already talk of the "promised land". Y'all get ready to be disappointed in 2028+ lol

These announcements feel premature, and even more ambitious than the strategy update a year ago.

I understand that the new IP and the 2077 sequel weren't specifically listed in the 6 year target release window, but they're part of the parallel development strategy... no? It really sounds like they're talking about developing and releasing eight AAA games within the next six or so years after they suffered a serious blow, following a rushed four year development cycle, for one title, with all hands on deck. I'm pleased with the efforts to turn 2007 around, but I can't take this seriously. Even with scaling the scope of future projects down significantly compared to current titles; I don't see how they can run the studio(s) humanely and reach these release targets.

These announcements feel premature, and even more ambitious than the strategy update a year ago.

I understand that the new IP and the 2077 sequel weren't specifically listed in the 6 year target release window, but they're part of the parallel development strategy... no? It really sounds like they're talking about developing and releasing eight AAA games within the next six or so years after they suffered a serious blow, following a rushed four year development cycle, for one title, with all hands on deck. I'm pleased with the efforts to turn 2007 around, but I can't take this seriously. Even with scaling the scope of future projects down significantly compared to current titles; I don't see how they can run the studio(s) humanely and reach these release targets.
Yeah, but I was wondering from the description of the witcher "trilogy" are they essentially one set of optimised mechanics and three consecutive narrative stories (probably with some dlc sweetener)

One "new" cyberpunk game, maybe just the game they hoped to make in the first place on a stable platform. (cyberpsychosis and trauma team please!)

Then the Hadar project which is currently at the lore and pretty pictures stage.

Plus an external witcher project and the molasses flood cutesy game

Well the only thing i want is that the writers go crazy.

They abandon the RED engine. Fine. Understandably CP2077 wont be supported afterwards.

But please dont do us dirty with a mediocre story froced down upon us cuz of Keanu. (Yeah i did not like it that much.. it is what it is)

There is plenty of sources to get inspiration from.
Neuromancer? GITS(my personal favourite) the og movie and the series. False memory virus? The laughing man? The Individual Eleven? Hell even the name of the series "Stand Alone Complex" is a theory itself.
I wanna see the nitty gritty.
Cyber crimes, conspirations and all the f*cked up s*it they can come up with.

I mean come on.. there are a bunch of hints and suggestions regarding a lot of things in CP2077 already and those never get explored, all ends with a loose end and a cliffhanger basically.

Netwatch scrubbing it under the rug that rouge AI's gettting through the black wall much frequently than they would like to admit etc..

So yeah.. i would like to see expansive stories along the main one. Go crazy, there isnt much thats too crazy in this genre anyway. Let me use my brain to comprehend and figure out what the f*ck is really going on in a story.

Thats my take on it.

Top Bottom