Project Orion: Cyberpunk 2 Announced

+
As excited as I am for more Cyberpunk, by the time the new game comes out I'm presuming that my nice, new Series X will be as antiquated as my PS4 was when 2077 released. :LOL:

Continuing with V can lead to game design issues. I mean, the story ends with V being very powerful, they would have to make V weak like Santa Monica did with Kratos in God of War. If it's a sequel, I think they'll continue with a new avatar, but that's just my opinion :)

There's still issues with what V's choices are.

which gives more evidence that they were initially planning to have 3 constructs in your head or a completely different story
What evidence ?
Names are just here to illustrate the backstory... But they probably changed to something "more" simpler and more concise (if at first, you're used to TTG, you won't probably know how the hell are these dudes...), and then add lifepath intros which I'm pretty confident, didn't present in 2018...
Three constructs (three story branchs) ? Saburo on the Relic at first ? Be realistic :)
(Johnny is the only character who brings together all the elements of the story)

the problem of this game is that it's the the "cousin a bit stupid" of what was and MUST meant to be. For bugs and glitches there are patches and fixes, for the crippled plot/contents and the lifeless city/interactions/IA it would have to be done again from scratch (and for sure that's what CDP will do with the sequel....)
Hence why there might be hope for this one, they have the chance to make a Cyberpunk game from scratch. Too bad 2077 has been left the way it is though, the skeleton of a great game can be seen somewhere in there, but I'll never reach its potential

What evidence ?
Names are just here to illustrate the backstory... But they probably changed to something "more" simpler and more concise (if at first, you're used to TTG, you won't probably know how the hell are these dudes...), and then add lifepath intros which I'm pretty confident, didn't present in 2018...
Three constructs (three story branchs) ? Saburo on the Relic at first ? Be realistic :)
(Johnny is the only character who brings together all the elements of the story)
No, and I like how you casually ignored the radio in the 48min trailer.
if johnny was always suppose to be your sidekick then why ask the player who their childhood hero is? Its quite clear that when Keanu Reeves came onboard it become the Johnny show.

No, and I like how you casually ignored the radio in the 48min trailer.
if johnny was always suppose to be your sidekick then why ask the player who their childhood hero is? Its quite clear that when Keanu Reeves came onboard it become the Johnny show
Why ask what V's life path is? Since they ultimately doesn't matter? Sometimes you need that extra backstory to make them more like a character.

if johnny was always suppose to be your sidekick then why ask the player who their childhood hero is? Its quite clear that when Keanu Reeves came onboard it become the Johnny show.
Don't need to post the link, I watched and posted this video many times :cool:

It's a "backstory", so ended and which have nothing to do with the main plot.
(the current ones are more understanable and it's easier to make a little intro for each... Intro Rocker Boy ? Are you doing a concert as intro ? lol)

The game is so close to the game that we have that even after re-doing the interface, the attributes and perks, they let the sixth "unused" attribute in the current game (it was "Aethletic" at the time, which is now integrated into BODY).
So for me, the "three different engrams" is also a weird theory which come from nowhere... in the same way that the "story is bad because Keanu" or "they give up third person view because there are in the 2018 video".
But you can believe whatever you want, indeed ;)

Quite curious as to your interpretation of 'fixed'.

I played the game on release from a mid-grade pre-built PC. RX580, 8gb ram, Ryzen 2600. I experienced very few bugs and was able to maintain 50-60 fps while playing on medium settings. As I recall the only substantial bug I would run into was dying on flat ground (which I later learned was due to some weird incline acceleration thing) and even that was patched relatively quickly.
Well, you're playing on PC, which has always been the "best" version of the game. Plus you have modders fixing and adding to the game beyond anything CDPR does. So it's no surprise you don't have the problems consoles still do.

What do I mean by "fixed properly"? It's not that difficult to understand, it simply means fixing problems that are still blatantly obvious. Things like sound issues, pop-ins, animation issues - a variety, but problems with Panam immediately come to mind, for example, when she's still holding her sniper in video sequences when she shouldn't, hovering in the air 10 feet behind a motorbike when she's riding it, etc. But there are more.

Am I saying it's not improved at all? Of course not, it does look better after the next gen upgrade, and the fps has improved, but these things alone don't fix all the problems.

I'm on Series X, BTW.

which gives more evidence that they were initially planning to have 3 constructs in your head or a completely different story, makes no sense asking who our childhood hero is if its all about Johnny Silverhand and CDPR were confident enough in this decision since they showed it to the public. Not sure what happened for the game to have a reboot last second but it happened.

We also know:

1. The trailer was completely unrelated to the Cyberpunk 2077 plot other than one side quest in the City Center.

2. Johnny Silverhand dying in the background noise of the original write-up is MORE evidence that they planned to center the game around Johnny.

3. You realize that "question who is your childhood hero" to, "Somehow guaranteeing your childhood hero is in your head" is a huge leap. Versus it being a minor character question designed to maybe change some dialogue.
Post automatically merged:

Continuing with V can lead to game design issues. I mean, the story ends with V being very powerful, they would have to make V weak like Santa Monica did with Kratos in God of War. If it's a sequel, I think they'll continue with a new avatar, but that's just my opinion :)

I hope not. It would kill like 90% of my interest.

So much is unresolved with V that it would be a massive mistake.

Given V's persistent health issues, it would also be easy to start them at the beginning too.

Guest 3847602

which gives more evidence that they were initially planning to have 3 constructs in your head or a completely different story, makes no sense asking who our childhood hero is if its all about Johnny Silverhand and CDPR were confident enough in this decision since they showed it to the public.
You're ignoring other 2 parts of backstory generator - "key life event" and "why Night City?" Were they also leading to completely different storylines? :-/
Original backstory selection screen looks almost like the exact replica of Mass Effect 1's pre-service history/psychological profile. Which had negligible effect on story and gameplay.
Having Saburo as your childhood hero could have simply meant having the additional (antagonistic) reply to Johnny from time to time. Neutral with Morgan, friendly with Johnny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom