I Fought the Law is the most annoying quest in this game.

+

Guest 4561861

Spoiler alert. Lots of spoilers in my post and probably the replies.

First off, V gets a call from an unknown woman who won't give details about what she wants, or how she got V's number. Why would V take this job?
Secondly, Jefferson says "The shard must be returned today" but the stupid forced false time jumps in this quest (and the game) has the time jump to the next day, before V hands the shard back to Jefferson. That's one long car ride and braindance.
Next, while in the BD itself, V asks Johnny "Who's that Holt guy?" This V I'm playing is a corpo, and would certainly know who Holt is. Even with the other life paths, it's announced on the radio and the ad screens in the elevators. (V also has the choice to ask Jefferson who the Holt guy is while handing back the shard.)
During the BD, Johnny's lines are irritating. The one about banging sisters and they turn out to be sisters of god and that didn't really happen, but could've to prove a point, is the worst. Why? Because River says a situation about a case that could have happened, but really didn't, to prove a point. The same plot device within a few minutes of gameplay? Johnny's answers about The Red Queen's Race and Horvath's humming are also out of character.
Later, meeting with Han, even though V remains silent, River says to V "...stay out of it. It's none of your biz."

yabab

Forum regular
Spoiler alert. Lots of spoilers in my post and probably the replies.

First off, V gets a call from an unknown woman who won't give details about what she wants, or how she got V's number. Why would V take this job?
That's the whole point of the RPG aspect of Cyberpunk: nothing forces you to take that call seriously. The call to take this conversation seriously is an expression of character with consequences.

Your character, while played by your most honest version of yourself, probably wouldn't take that call seriously, so don't take it and never go see them.

For the game's part, it's trying to show you how not taking a leap of faith can sometimes prevent you from discovering something new and worthwhile in the end. In the other end of the spectrum, you have Sweet Dreams. Those are choices, with consequences for the storyline in the aggregate.

My V is an unstoppable force.

When a peon calls, V checks up. If they messed with her, it will be their last. Like the Devil.

Not taking the call necessarily seriously, but with some curiosity. My V already had millions; nothing that a lil politician could pay should make a meaningful difference. So, it's all about what else they bring to the table. If my V became an AI, her visual form would be a mass of billions over billions of black shards in a swarm. Have you ever seen Hermaeus Mora? That's a look-alike. We also have similar goals. We both want to know it all.

By the way, if you speak to Judy, she will mention that she gave your number to prospective clients.

Here are the two quests I ever ignore:
- The Stefan thing; I looked it up, tho. As much as it is promising, it is too shady for me to play along. I wish there were the option to get to bash Scavs with BEAR hands without falling for the scam.
- That monk on the bench around in the Corpo Plaza park. 'Imagine'?

One quest my V is on, but is not acknowledged by the game:
- Find Jackie's remains. I am uncertain what will motivate her besides the ending of having the Cali ride at the Crystal Palace when she finds them.

Last edited:
Here are the two quests I ever ignore:
- The Stefan thing; I looked it up, tho. As much as it is promising, it is too shady for me to play along. I wish there were the option to get to bash Scavs with BEAR hands without falling for the scam.
- That monk on the bench around in the Corpo Plaza park. 'Imagine'?

The Stefan "quest"! I didn't take it because it was massively sus. I looked it up as well, to see what happens. Surprise surprise I was right. I have a hard time believing any version of V could be so gullable. The mission that happens as a consequence sounds really cool, but I cannot get past being a major league twit in order to experience it. Seriously you should loose 10 Street Cred for taking it. . I do think it's a better example of mission no V would realistically take.

Then again I checked out the random BD that ties in with Edgerunners, which could have easily gone the same way. :ROFLMAO:

I can totally see the I Fought the Law mission just to meet and see what it's all about. I'm pretty sure you can bail before you get too into it? Although I think once V gets more info it is perfectly reasonable to take the job.

As for the forced time skip, yeah that is annoying and it happens with other missions, not just this one. I feel like they could have avoided it in this case by meeting them in a specific time frame.

As for Johnny and River's examples that turn out to be metaphorical, yeah they're kinda dumb. I wasn't bothered as much, but I can get how one can be more annoyed with it. I mean, from Johnny I wasn't surprised, it's in line with his character. What I did like is when River had his example using the same logistics. The repetition was a fun call back for me. I like to head cannon V commenting to Johnny something like "Seriously, you in his head too?" or "The frig? He your long lost illegitimate son... or grandson, whatever?"

EDIT: And for what it's worth, for me the worst quest is Sinnerman. I played it all the way though once and I have zero need to do it again.

Last edited:

Guest 4561861

The Stefan "quest"! I didn't take it because it was massively sus. I looked it up as well, to see what happens. Surprise surprise I was right. I have a hard time believing any version of V could be so gullable. The mission that happens as a consequence sounds really cool, but I cannot get past being a major league twit in order to experience it.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, for me the worst quest is Sinnerman. I played it all the way though once and I have zero need to do it again.
[/ISPOILER]
The Stefan quest is idiotic. Stefan is asking way too much money for any V to feel it's worth it. Johnny even comments what an idiot V is for taking it.

I like to do totally different things in quests in the playthroughs. Sinnerman is actually a hoot because you can fail in so many different ways. I actually finished the whole thing and later got a hate-filled call that failed the mission, just because of one line V said that I hadn't selected before.

I didn't know there was the option to just kill them all then and there.
That's the way I do it now.

"Those puny peasants ain't worth my time."

I would do that if not for Rachel being the most wonderful little amoral cutie pie imaginable.
Dem corpos, they do get under yer skin dondey?

Now, now, am I attracted to an available character...
(crickets...)

Maybe. They need to unlock random citizens for random convos, flirting, dates. I don't doubt my V's ability to pluck something nice and get a second inhabitant of her home. Life is too short for the cat and the lizard.

Last edited:
I would do that if not for Rachel being the most wonderful little amoral cutie pie imaginable.
Fair. She's horrible, but fun horrible. Probably the only part that got me through. And her super angry text afterward gave me the lols :ROFLMAO: .

IIRC, if you don't encourage/support Joshua it ruins his whole vibe (okay... I enjoyed that also, so that's two things).

I agree with some things. Timeskip sometimes is weird - I understand that they wanted to achieve some certain mood but for example its not necessary during car scene.

Johnny`s comments during BD feels a bit weird or forced. Nothing really dramatic anyway.

Identification of Holt should be optional but I understand that they wanted to remind players who he is and whats going on.

What I have more problem with is that during whole River`s storyline V speaks in a very unusual way not visible in any other missions. I`m thinking about using phrases like "Ive had enough of this case" etc. like she really was in police. Again, I understand detectives theme but sometimes it feels like those words were taken from some police movie and dont really belong to V. Whole thing feels a bit off , even if I enjoyed them.

I do wish more effort was put into his Journey. I like him, but
His whole Sister thing comes first to I come to understand.
The hypocrisy in the script is at one point he tell’s cutie V he was fond for a long time.

but there is Judy whom is lovable, saves V’s life from drowning. Yet I have trust issues. Just my take on this.
sometimes you don’t need a. massive quest or none at all.
Just some day V fall’s for someone & you. Decide.

Dem corpos, they do get under yer skin dondey?

Now, now, am I attracted to an available character...
(crickets...)

Maybe. They need to unlock random citizens for random convos, flirting, dates. I don't doubt my V's ability to pluck something nice and get a second inhabitant of her home. Life is too short for the cat and the lizard.
I'm not saying that every single npc should be dateable, but making a lot more of them dateable in this game would have been great.
Like Rachel is my dream babe, but Meredith would have been a nice substitute!

Corpos, they just do it for me :sneaky:
Post automatically merged:

To get back to the subject, I'd probably wouldn't do I the fought the law on second, third etc playtroughs if not for the second Peralez quest being as amazing as it is.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that every single npc should be dateable
I do. My V wants to get a date with her.

photomode_05112022_013332.jpg

Also, I bet this chap wouldn't object to being pulled out of the dirt and taken to a bar to tell me his story.

photomode_05112022_013447.jpg

Fwiw.

Also, I bet this chap wouldn't object to being pulled out of the dirt and taken to a bar to tell me his story.
:ROFLMAO: Love it.

BUT. If they make it happen, there should be the dirt-guy that goes with you AND a dirt-guy that absolutely refuses, freaks out, and everywhere you see him in Night City he'll recognize you and start his screaming fit all over again. He'll look like this guy:
Invasion-Of-The-Body-Snatchers-Horse-Cropped.jpg

This is in fact the most annoying quest in the game. It's just so obvious. I wish they'd somehow let me clear that from the map without doing the stupidest thing imaginable.

This is in fact the most annoying quest in the game. It's just so obvious. I wish they'd somehow let me clear that from the map without doing the stupidest thing imaginable.
Not 100% sure, but after give him 15K eddies the first time, you are able to ask him to give your money back instead of give him even more eddies again, which end the quest.

Not 100% sure, but after give him 15K eddies the first time, you are able to ask him to give your money back instead of give him even more eddies again, which end the quest.
Are you sure that ends the quest? I've been under the impression that it doesn't. But I'll try it next time.

Are you sure that ends the quest? I've been under the impression that it doesn't. But I'll try it next time.
Never tried myself, but I remember to watch someone's playthrough in which, it end the quest (but it was in pre 1.2 version, so^^).
In the same way that just saying "nevermind, I leave..." to the three cops who beats the corpo in Heywood, end the quest.

Top Bottom