PS5: Permanent Corpses

+
So, decided to optical-camo aerial takedown the three Trauma Team agents near the Petrel St. fast travel terminal in Vista Del Rey, Heywood.

Big mistake! The corpses persisted several days later. So tried dumping the bodies but several more days later, no new agents respawned. So now I’m stuck with this civilian on a stretcher in front of a Zetatech Altus with no new Trauma agents to assist him.

Anyway, please fix the Trauma Team respawns. Gang members and NCPD robots I’ve eliminated all respawn at their designated locations, but these Trauma guys do not… yet their transport & patient persist.

C554BAA8-F724-4CEE-9C45-109BE4503CD0.jpeg
9C10B5A8-EF27-4AA1-A0F1-7C6EE783F74A.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Edit: Did some further testing. Loaded up an earlier save and killed the civilian on the stretcher. Fast traveled away and returned. His corpse vanished but the Trauma Team did not.

5A8C79CE-376B-4FE8-B1C8-4AFF12CC9E7B.jpeg

Edit 2: Upon even further testing, put the bodies into the trunks of three different vehicles… two from a nearby NCPD Assault and one carjacked from traffic. As you can see, after some time skipping, the cars vanished leaving floating Tauma Team corpses.

00052CBD-7445-4CAE-BC53-5C7AAEB59010.jpeg
45C3C343-1504-40ED-B7AC-4DF96EBD2728.jpeg

Last edited:
More permanent corpses.

These two are in Watson near the uncommon Bionic Lungs found on a static corpse, which also doesn’t disappear… NW of the NID: East fast travel point.

Threw the two Maelstrom corpses in the burning trash pre-level 10… now level 30 and they’re still present and still aflame.

E1616B6C-0FEE-406A-80FB-AC1E38557343.jpeg
36660A24-F401-40E0-9E42-41E8A3CD1AEB.jpeg
7C6DC994-6480-4EEF-B678-1DA2A830FC67.jpeg

These two are in Watson near the uncommon Bionic Lungs found on a static corpse, which also doesn’t disappear… NW of the NID: East fast travel point.

E1616B6C-0FEE-406A-80FB-AC1E38557343.jpeg
Never verified, but normally he have to disappear after you loot it and go far enough (like most of the corpse with loot. hidden gems). If not, it's weird and probably a bug :)

Edit : I guess you loot everything in the dude ? (he won't dispawn if there is "something" in his inventory).
And for the two maelstromers, can you try to move them from the fire ? or/and also far enough (could be due to the fire or the little area around the dude which make them persistent).

Last edited:
They've waffled here and there on object permanence with updates. This time everything remains where it was, including scores of unwanted loot spam. I have to manually despawn cars I've abandoned with AMM, or incapacitated enemies in the road, because they were causing traffic jams. It wouldn't be such a problem if NPCs could go around them. Same thing happened with Trauma Team. It's odd they'll still despawn sometimes when you're in the middle of fighting them, but they won't respawn from death.

Last edited:
Yeah the two Maelstrommers disappeared after initially completing that event and looting the lungs, shards and everything. But upon returning to that area they were unconscious by the truck where I had taken them down. So I shot them in their heads and tossed them in the fire where they’ve been ever since. Got tired of seeing them by truck as I farm that area in Watson.

Definitely nothing left there to loot, nor is the issue due to the fire as they were permanent by the truck before I decided to set them ablaze.

Might just be a console thing. Should be investigated and addressed as needed, though.

I’m about to go confirm whether two Militech guards at a crossroads respawn or not in the Badlands… as they were still present and unconscious last time I checked.

It doesn’t ruin a play through, but it’s super annoying passing by those areas… only thing to do is try to dispose of the evidence I guess, but that abandoned Trauma Team ambulance is just the worst as there’s no way to relocate it, nor the stretcher.

Update: The two Militech dudes I took down so very many levels ago are still unconscious in the Badlands.

This issue needs addressed!! Please respawn or remove them.

39336B3C-926D-436D-B28E-6AEDC63C7576.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm on PC. I despawned the wrecked car I had abandoned, then returned to area after a few minutes of driving and it was there again. I found the bodies in the street that I had removed with AMM as well. I haven't tried manually moving things to see if their position updates, but that it's respawning things removed with the console is very odd.

Top Bottom