The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gets a FREE next-gen update on December 14th!

+
I liked everything they brought in this update, really. The big surprise they mentioned could be the cloak for Geralt, by the way :sneaky:

I liked everything they brought in this update, really. The big surprise they mentioned could be the cloak for Geralt, by the way :sneaky:

They actually said it wouldn't be a big surprise. They have repeatedly stressed to not get overly hyped about anything related to this update, haha.

I asked this on Steam, but it seems like it's possible to get an answer from a CDPR employee here so I'll ask again.

Will you add customizable gamepad controls and fix the issue with camera inversion also inverting lock-on target switching? See my wishlist here, they are all great changes the players would appreciate.

Hello to the CD Project Red support team. I am one of your millions of fans from all over the world and I am always eager to see beautiful and memorable games from your beautiful studio. I have a request, can you add Farsi(Persian) language to Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077? Especially the game of Witcher is very conceptual and difficult. I've been looking to learn the language for a while but I can't really learn it. Can you add Farsi(Persian) language to your games so we can enjoy your titles too? I hope you can hear my voice

If I have the non-GOTY edition and both DLC purchased separately as they were released (on the ps4) will I get the free upgrade?

I owned the original on Xbox, but I've moved to PC with next gen games instead of getting the new Xbox. Would I still be able to get this free, or is this locked in to the platform I started with?

If one had both ps5 & X series X, which one should he play it on? Which system will run better or look better?
The two systems are nearly identical so I doubt there will be any big difference unless you prefer the Sony controller over the Xbox. Sony does have an edge in the controller department but everything else is essentially a wash with the Xbox having slightly more GPU power

Question for experts. If I have already purchased the original The Witcher 3 and the Expansion Pass (two DLC) on Steam, can I upgrade to the next-gen? Or do I need the Goty version?

If I have the non-GOTY edition and both DLC purchased separately as they were released (on the ps4) will I get the free upgrade?
Yes ;)
If you have an official copy of The Witcher 3, whatever the version, whatever the platform, you will get the free update. If you still are on PS4, you will get a "simple" update, if you switched on PS5, you will get the next-gen update (most probably like Cyberpunk, you'll have to "buy" the PS5 version for free).
I owned the original on Xbox, but I've moved to PC with next gen games instead of getting the new Xbox. Would I still be able to get this free, or is this locked in to the platform I started with?
Not sure. At least I don't think you are able "convert" your Xbox copy for a PC copy (Steam/GOG/Epic).
Question for experts. If I have already purchased the original The Witcher 3 and the Expansion Pass (two DLC) on Steam, can I upgrade to the next-gen? Or do I need the Goty version?
Nope, you're good to go :)
(every game versions will receive the update).

There has been no mention of Transmogrification: (sometimes shortened to transmog) is a mechanism in video games for changing the appearance of a weapon or piece of armor to match the appearance of another weapon or armor piece, without altering the performance of the weapon or armor piece being changed.

This really should be in the game, considering how many hours you spend in game, its nice to have the ability to change your look without sacrificing your stats.

That is, if I bought the usual The Witcher 3 as well as two DLCs (separately), then I get a next-gen update for everything, including DLC?
Yes, no matter with or without expansions (I think it's what you mean > HoS and B&W), your game will receive the update.
  • The update will be available on all game versions ("normal" - GOTY) and on all platforms (PS4-XB1 > "normal" update; Series S/X - PS5 - Steam - Epic - GOG > Next-gen update).
  • The update will also concern the expansions (included or bought separatly).
  • Expansions are not required for the update.
  • Expansions will not be included in the update.
So in short, with the GOTY or base game with expansions bought separatly, you'll be able to explore Toussaint with "better" graphics and Ray Tracing :)

Last edited:
Yes, no matter with or without expansions (I think it's what you mean > HoS and B&W), your game will receive the update.
  • The update will be available on all game versions ("normal" - GOTY) and on all platforms (PS4-XB1 > "normal" update; Series S/X - PS5 - Steam - Epic - GOG > Next-gen update).
  • The update will also concern the expansions (included or bought separatly).
  • Expansions are not required for the update.
  • Expansions will not be included in the update.
So in short, with the GOTY or base game with expansions bought separatly, you'll be able to explore Toussaint with "better" graphics and Ray Tracing :)
Thanks so much for anwser!

Glad this is happening and already have the pc version, I like to know if it might have a missing scene, this takes place at 00:59
Unless I missed this in a different way or this was cut from the game, can anyone explain this please?

There has been no mention of Transmogrification: (sometimes shortened to transmog) is a mechanism in video games for changing the appearance of a weapon or piece of armor to match the appearance of another weapon or armor piece, without altering the performance of the weapon or armor piece being changed.

This really should be in the game, considering how many hours you spend in game, its nice to have the ability to change your look without sacrificing your stats.
i really hope that they will add this mechanic. I hate to see my geralt look like a clown or Arlecchino for most of the game

i really hope that they will add this mechanic. I hate to see my geralt look like a clown or Arlecchino for most of the game
Yeah, in all my TW3 runs I always wear the Kaer Morhen armor/Warrior leather jacket until I craft either Feline or Ursine gear, precisely to avoid the clown appearance :giveup:

I have a question. I have the disc version of TW3 in Xbox One, how i get this next-gen version to Xbox Series X? Will it upgrade automatically for free?

Top Bottom