Search results

+
  1. W

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Yeah exactly this, 2 years without contact is grounds for moving on but it is hack writing of the highest order to railroad the story into a situation where they aren't allowed to be kept in the loop. Not that i'm surprised coming from the group who took a mission choice and decided to use it as...
  2. W

New Ending (SPOILER ALERT)

Hearing the new ending seems to be just a joke delivered by the writers is disappointing. So nomads can kidnap your love interest in one ending but it seems in the new one, they are just used as a stick to beat V with for daring to choose the ending.
  3. W

Glad i checked about the new ending before purchasing the expansion. i despised the non-sensical railroaded original endings. Seems like the new ending a massive 'up yours' from the writers. Time to uninstall the game for me i think.
  4. W

Endings are Mass Effect all over again, my hope is now on PL and mods

For me the devil/arasaka ending is the obvious one for me where V should have survived but suffered consequences for selling out. Instead its more of a 'Nelson from the simpsons type of thing' Personally for me i'm the opposite way round the fact that the player gets no proper say in how V...
  5. W

Endings are Mass Effect all over again, my hope is now on PL and mods

I'm not sure i'd liken it quite to ME3. The issues seem rather different. I do think endings are bad i'm very much not a fan of the spend the entire game trying to save yourself only for the ending to go, gotcha you fail! My even bigger issue is the way the endings are structured and the lack...
  6. W

Phantom Liberty story speculation

Maybe they should have allowed the player real input into what they do with the time they have left rather than hardcoding the character on the basis of a rooftop mission choice. Feels to me more like Shallow poorly writing on top of pulling the rug on a game that's all about finding a cure...
  7. W

Phantom Liberty story speculation

That's really disappointing news. Without dealing with the pile of trash that is the endings i can't really see myself having much desire to get this. Dumping more stuff inside the 'your dying' story is just lazy and creatively bankrupt.
  8. W

[SPOILERS] Evelyn Parker, wasted potential! Your Thoughts?

Agree in a RPG i'd much prefer some malleability. I accept you may need a linear fate for someone like Jackie but the Likes of T-Bug/Evelyn i think it would have been a lot more interesting & engaging if your choices actually resulted in different varaitions of outcomes/fates.
  9. W

The reason why the cyberpunk story I felt was not fun.

1) Agree dying is horrible gameplay element especially in a game that's trying to sell itself as an open world adventure. However, i don't agree with idea that the game is masterfully written. Elements are done well others done not very well. 2) Agree i'm not a fan of cheap gotcha endings like...
  10. W

Judy romance update/expansion/DLC.

Still annoyed by the scumball way V & Judy's romance was handled in the endings. A post game story expansion that included further content for her and other LI would be one thing that might respark interest in me.
  11. W

Will CDPR ever respond to lack of RPG Mechanics and lack of choices?

Yeah the shallowness of story RPGness is depressing Playing through for the first time i was concerned about the limits of control of V as the game progressed. Things like romances did give a sense of personalisation and i had hopes for personal choice in the endings, which could have made the...
  12. W

Increasing Forum Participation/Vitality

Bioware forums got shut down because of lack of Bioware interest in them, they didn't even really bother to moderate them in latter days. Devs long beforehand had decamped to twitter. Personally i liked that there seemed to be some dev interaction here after TW3's launch.It would of course have...
  13. W

What do you want CDPR to prioritize

Post game expansion
  14. W

Increasing Forum Participation/Vitality

Content is the obvious one. Once/if there's expansion content or information to discuss then my vitality will increase. If it's content that deals with the endings my vitality will remain much higher for a longer period as i would be doing so regularly whilst also playing the game rather than...
  15. W

Do you think they'll leave V's ending to player interpretation? [Spoilers]

I think like the suicide ending, temperance would be a dead end(v's gone) and wouldn't be a starting point. Personally i hate the sun ending with a passion.
  16. W

Yeah i don't think the bleakness was fitting but that's long been relegated by just how atrociously designed and limited i find the endings. Personally my V agreed to leave with Judy but apparently because i didn't want to sacrifice some Nomads that's worthless.
  17. W

Do you think they'll leave V's ending to player interpretation? [Spoilers]

I don't really see any reason why you couldn't re-unite the 3 endings where V physically still exists (devil,Sun, Star) into a single starting point for an expansion set in the Crystal Palace station. You could probably creatively deal with the Mikoshi devil ending.
  18. W

No i voted months ago. Yeah the poll is nothing to do with whether the endings are bad or good. It's about whether they should be bleak, happy or with potential for both.
  19. W

Then completely sure. That seems to me to be the best option for people who dislike the current plot cancer setup and think a happier personal ending for V should be an option as well as darker options being possible. I no more want wall to wall happiness, anymore than i want wall to wall...
  20. W

I don't think 'option should be available for those that want it' at all equates to happy with the endings available and shouldn't be lumped in with the 12.3% who like the endings. If anything it skews to the not happy with the endings option. Pretty sure i voted that and i detest the current...
Top Bottom