Search results

+
  1. T

R.I.P Frank Frazetta

R.I.P Frank Frazetta One of the fantasy genre's big name artists has passed away at age 82: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/10/frank-frazetta-fantasy-illustrator-dies-at-82/?src=mv
  2. T

Which is your language ???

Yup, sorry. *hands CrossShire a bottle of Siberian Night* Beware of Moderators for they are subtle and quick to anger.....no, wait, that's wizards....Beware of Moderators, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!....no, wait, that's dragons... We don't have any wizards or dragons as...
  3. T

Welcome to the new thewitcher.com!

Cassandra31EEE suggested I post in this thread:Just to note, the new forum has some viewing issues on the iPod Touch (and I presume iPhone)'s Safari web browser.'Clicking' (well, tapping, really since it's a touch interface) on a forum section/thread brings up the info box (# of posts, # of...
  4. T

Tragedies in the media

San Francisco, no. Because (much as I tend to dislike the place) they've learned from the past and now utilize construction and safety standards intended to limit the damage done by earthquakes. The chances of a recreation of the aftermath of the 1906 quake is negligible. Similarly, the...
  5. T

Tragedies in the media

As noted: People can deal with (relatively) small numbers much easier than they can large numbers. Say "An entire family was wiped out in a fire" and people can relate. Tell them, " died in a plane crash" and they can relate, because they know the person's public persona. Tell them, "Five...
  6. T

The Witcher 2 - Designed with consoles in mind

Correct, I'm talking about _current_ US perceptions, however, not historical ones. If you want historical examples, look at the old Warner Bros cartoons and you'll find lot of references in them that adults would get but would have passed right over the kids' heads (writing working on two levels...
  7. T

No, it's not a bad comparison. Yes, there is anime targeted at children, and there is anime targeted at adults. My point is that both groups are considered viable consumers of the product.In the US, however, cartoons have for decades pretty much been considered "for kids". There have been a...
  8. T

Things are changing, but video game systems are still seen as more of a "kid's market" by a lot of the public in the US. (Note: Key phrase: "by a lot of the public". I have no idea whatsoever what the industry figures are for console player demographics). For a similar example, look at...
  9. T

Tragedies in the media

I recommended Demut move his thread to here from the Forum 3.0 thread where he was accusing people of hypocrisy for covering/expressing a reaction to the airplane crash that killed so many Polish officials, but not expressing the same response to ongoing deaths in Africa or other areas.@Demut...
  10. T

Polish President's Plane Crashes - 87 Dead

Like I've said, I'm a news addict ;) NY Times isn't particularly my favorite news source... But every so often, such as with that editorial, they do manage to get things very right.
  11. T

New York Times carried this item today: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/13/opinion/13iht-edcohen.html?ref=opinion
  12. T

Forum 3.0 - your suggestions

*chuckles* Ah, but with most subjects, there's always something more to discuss. Claiming an issue is "settled" is far more often an act of hubris than it is an indication that a consensus has been reached by all parties. (Trust me, when you spend as much time in a university as I have over the...
  13. T

Agreed. Demut, may I suggest taking this subject over to the Community forum if you wish to continue this discussion?
  14. T

A rather astute observation, Corylea. And a far more diplomatically stated response than I would have likely provided had I been the first to answer Demut. (example: I recently horrified a Canadian on another forum with my drawing a distinction between the amount of respect I have for the lives...
  15. T

Just to note, the new forum doesn't work in IE 7.0 (yes, there are some folks who still use IE ;) ). I tried posting, and private messaging, about five times with no success before finally downloading Firefox to connect with. Clicking on the "Send" button in both forum threads and private...
  16. T

My condolences to the Polish people, and to the family and friends of those killed. New York Times carried this pair of quotes today: Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/11/world/europe/11poland.html?ref=global-home
  17. T

The Jester's riddle (contest game)

And you are correct :) Thanks :)
  18. T

Hmm, not particularly good at creating poetry or riddles, but here goes an attempt at a simple one:The first is acquired while in jail,The item key to retrieving your bail.Long and sharp, of Luna's ore,You'll take it on your sewer tour.Although its bite would cause any pain,It truly is...
  19. T

Princess Adda for the specific individual, more generally for the type of monster: a striga
  20. T

Aah Poland, Please assist! :D

Beautiful photo, Vatt'ghern
Top Bottom