Search results

+
  1. Trykz

Patch 1.31

I uninstalled the game when I saw the patch notes for 1.3 The game was still quite pretty after 1.2, but nothing like it was at launch. I'm not planning on reinstalling until after the next gen update when they hopefully roll back all the throttling crap they did for last gen consoles. Probably...
  2. Trykz

Are you MODDER? Tell us it should be on the new Redkit for Cyberpunk 2077

If this is truly the case, then this venture is doomed from the start. If they can't surpass Witcher level modding capability because they rely so heavily on third party applications to prop up the engine, then the level of modability will be generally the same. And that's not going to cut it...
  3. Trykz

I doubt anyone knows me here, and that's fine. I don't much care for "virtual fame" of any kind. I just want to mod and play games. But I've created and released about 19 medium to high quality mods that have garnered around 1.2 million downloads over the past 10 years on the single site I've...
  4. Trykz

Because your typical game engine is also a "licensable commodity" from which CDPR can (and likely does) generate revenue. Asking them to just "give it away" to modders would lead to more legal troubles from those who have or may buy a license to use the engine. Modifying things at the engine...
  5. Trykz

CDPR Just Hired MODDERS to Help Fix Cyberpunk 2077 & Add Mod Support

The tools already exist. They used them to build the game. So it's a matter of deciding how much engine level access they want to afford to a "user end" toolset, package it up and release it. You're right. But it DOES generate anticipation for the company's next titles. Knowing that their...
  6. Trykz

Here's the rub: if the game had launched without much more than a few hiccups, this discussion thread likely wouldn't even exist. But it didn't. And now it needs all the help it can get. Because beginning likely in December, we're going to start getting bombarded with new, high quality AAA...
  7. Trykz

No need for correction. I couldn't have said it any better.
  8. Trykz

LOL..... that's pretty much exactly what I said: ;)
  9. Trykz

Except that isn't what I said at all: There's a pretty clear difference between what I'm saying, and what you're claiming I'm saying. It's not the mods or modding you seem to take issue with, but more the level of modability you seem to be arguing for modders to be limited to, for reasons that...
  10. Trykz

That would be my opinion as well. Except we're in a discussion thread discussing a decision that CDPR has already made. There's no argument that can be reasonably made against it on any basis from that point on. Yet some wish to argue AGAINST an elevated level of support by providing the most...
  11. Trykz

RedKit 4.0 Simple, to the point, and doesn't lock it's recognition to this game specifically, but rather to the engine, allowing for expansion into use with future titles without the name coming off sounding "weird" if they expand it to mod the next Witcher title. But in the event it's purpose...
  12. Trykz

Uggh. So this is improved? [NPC Clones]

Is there seriously no condition system with which to better control this? Seems to me that setting a simple set of conditions for NPC streaming by distance from the player would serve to greatly reduce the problem. Something like a unique identifier flag attached to each streamed NPC, with a...
  13. Trykz

With exceptions? Not likely without restricting all similar assets of the same type. If the assets being edited are native to the game or compatible with it's engine, then there's really not much reason to restrict them. If they're entirely new assets created by a third party tool (say...
  14. Trykz

Hmm, I guess I'm not quite understanding what you mean by "liberate assets". Could you elaborate?
  15. Trykz

Hmm..... I wasn't aware of that. But still, it was easily remedied with a simple request. So while it's bound to come up from time to time, any copyright issue would be resolved just as easily. Sites like Nexusmods are pretty consistent with honoring requests for removal made for copyright...
  16. Trykz

I don't think that would be an issue. It's an avatar of a fictitious character. There are Fallout 4 follower and preset mods that use his likeness, even calling the likeness by his name. Or John Wick :ROFLMAO:
  17. Trykz

Nothing at the "engine level" should be modifiable. That's too risky. But EVERY (in-house) system running on the engine should be. Full asset and landscape manipulation, and internal scripting and texture editing tools should be available with which to build quality mods with custom assets and...
  18. Trykz

Congrats on missing the larger point. The stories created by the mods that a vanilla game DIDN'T provide, and how the long term success of the game benefitted from them. I stand corrected, though not entirely off the mark given Steam's "offline mode" capability. Which is contrary to how Steam...
  19. Trykz

You're ignoring the fact that "just 9 months ago", the game boasted over 8 million sales in the PC marketspace alone. So less than 20k players 9 months later is a bit pitiful, don't you think? Skyrim, which launched 9 YEARS ago, is doing exponentially better. Now ask yourself..... why...
  20. Trykz

The metric you didn't show: Cyberpunk 2077: 19,700 concurrent players on Steam ;)
Top Bottom