Search results

+
  1. S

The General Videogame Thread

2. S

Dying Light 2

According to this comment, the alpha milestone was completed a month before the original article (so in early April), and the game was playable from start to finish. But comparing that for example to the timeline of The Witcher 3's development, it would still point towards a 2021 release, which...
  3. S

As far as I know, the next project after Dying Light 2 for Techland is an unannounced new fantasy IP that is not Hellraid, and the Warsaw studio (possibly also Karolina Stachyra, who moved from CDPR to Techland in late 2016, and is currently lead narrative designer of an unannounced project in...
  4. S

E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

I actually edited that to 30 contracts based on the wiki, but 75 is obviously still much more. The Witcher 3 has a fair number of minor quests, though.
  5. S

E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

Without the expansions, I counted 31 large side quests, about 100 minor quests (like the frying pan in White Orchard), and ~30 contracts. These might not be entirely accurate, though, and more importantly the complexity of quests could also be different in CP2077.
  6. S

I would not be too surprised if Cyberpunk was pushed back by a couple more months, if the currently planned September date is already expected to require crunch to meet. On the other hand, it looks like the first few months after the launch of the next gen consoles could be really packed with...
  7. S

The sheer scale of Night City

About 400 meters height for "tall" buildings seems to be right to me, I recall calculating that myself for the building with the Orbital Air logo visible many times throughout the 48 minutes gameplay demo. And regular skyscrapers, like those visible from V's apartment on the other side of the...
  8. S

That new map seems to explain why there was so much trouble trying to fit the demo locations on the metro map, the metro map is not accurate at all. I made a quick edit of my old map, the locations do not line up perfectly yet, but they mostly make sense now, and are a lot better than with the...
  9. S

I do not see it proven either way if there are two separate buildings (I mean, it would be if we actually saw both). At most it is not a reliable argument in favor of one rotation or the other, it is only an interesting coincidence that the top-right one happens to place it right on the island...
  10. S

To be honest, I did not find the new gameplay very helpful so far for understanding the map, not least since they removed the compass. But I would not rule out the possibility that what is seen here is the same general area as the one around the Orbital Air building in the 2018 demo (where the...
  11. S

I may have missed something, but why is north = top right corner definitely wrong? It is the only orientation that puts Orbital Air at the place where it should be on the map, it makes the skyscrapers seen from V's apartment the city center, rather than Kabuki (which is an industrial area), and...
  12. S

By the way, one more reason why I think the metro map might be rotated, and that I forgot to mention is that based on the gameplay demo alone, the canals, major roads, and metro lines are typically running in N-S or W-E directions, but on the metro map, almost everything is diagonal.
  13. S

It is possible, the metro map might not be very accurate either way. For anyone interested in experimenting with the scale and rotation, I have the same map as separate layers, only the metro map, and the grid and POIs. The latter should be more or less consistent within itself, based on the...
  14. S

It was not my idea originally, but I agree with the suggestion that the map makes more sense if we rotate the compass so that north is in the top right corner. This is my version of the map from about a year ago, with the landmarks and points of interests (marked as colored dots) placed...
  15. S

Dying Light 2

Spring 2020 planned release (no set date or pre-orders yet) Edit: more details have been posted on the Steam store page.
  16. S

Get ready.

Already a top seller on Steam in less than 60 minutes. :)
  17. S

Media, News & Previews Thread

It begins in 28 hours and 9 minutes from now, as far as I know.
  18. S

Media, News & Previews Thread

I would not be surprised if Cyberpunk 2077 was shown last again, being probably the most anticipated title, it is the best way for Microsoft to make people watch the entire conference.
  19. S

THE Release Date Speculation thread. [Confirmed: 16.04.2020]

@Shavod's point is about voice acting, that we still do not have any confirmation of it having been started in non-English languages, and it can take up to a year. Although it is possible that it already began long ago, and the NDAs were just really airtight. Another somewhat concerning bit...
Top Bottom