Search results

+
  1. D

MD5 sums for Gog downloads

MD5 sums for Gog downloads Does anyone have these for the eleven current manual installation sets from Gog? I suspect one of mine is corrupt, but I don't know which. Would be really, really grateful if anyone has the info :)
  2. D

1.31 - Gog Downloader installer error message

1.31 - Gog Downloader installer error message Trying to install the 1.31 hotfix on top of 1.30 (non-Goty). English language version.Downloaded using Gog downloader because life's too short to wait for Galaxy. Error message "This patch does not support your version of the game please download a...
  3. D

Beyond Hill and Dale - Map

Beyond Hill and Dale - Map Just curious - I was wondering if anyone has tried to map Beyond Hill and Dale, or knows of anyone else who has?
  4. D

Steam version - game won't start

Steam version - game won't start There seems to be a big problem with the game following today's Steam Client update - getting a black screen at the start of the game. Validating the cache doesn't solve it (no mods installed). It claims that two files need to be reacquired, but after doing so...
  5. D

Freezing after leaving smith or armorer - Windows 10/Latest drivers

Freezing after leaving smith or armorer - Windows 10/Latest drivers A question to other players before I spend a lot of time investigating this. I bit the bullet and installed Windows 10 yesterday. Also updated my graphics drivers to 368.39. Everything's fine in the game except that the...
  6. D

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FORUM MAINTENANCE

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FORUM MAINTENANCE A message from CDPR: "On Tuesday, 19.04.016, 8:00AM CEST, due to some maintenance work we have to perform, our official forums will go offline for around 48 hours. Once we're back, there should be a very pleasant surprise waiting for all the users! We...
  7. D

Place of Power behind Udalryk's House

Place of Power behind Udalryk's House Just wondering, is there any way of accessing this PoP that's simpler than clambering over the roof of the house to get to the path?
  8. D

Specular, Ambient and Normal Maps in TW3 - The Beginner's Guide.

Specular, Ambient and Normal Maps in TW3 - The Beginner's Guide. This is not in any way an official guideline - it was created through experimentation. And it's from the original modkit, not the one released in October 2015. So if there's something incorrect just say so and I'll edit the post...
  9. D

Normal Maps - Questions and Problems

Normal Maps - Questions and Problems Has anyone been modifying normal maps on any textures at all? If so, and you're using the Nvidia plugin in Photoshop, I would really appreciate if you could walkthrough how you're doing it, in particular what settings you're using the generate the normal map...
  10. D

Is anyone using Blender? Help for a noob please?

Is anyone using Blender? Help for a noob please? If there's anyone out there using Blender who has successfully imported and exported an fbx file from the game, can you help me with the settings please? I've been trying to change something on a clothing model, but when it's imported back into...
  11. D

Please KEEP this forum SPOILER-FREE!! [Directions and spoiler sub-forums index]

Please KEEP this forum SPOILER-FREE!! [Directions and spoiler sub-forums index] If you're replying to an existing post, and think it's necessary to include a spoiler, please use the spoiler tags: [ spoiler] ... [ /spoiler] (without the spaces). Avoid posting spoilers unless it really is...
  12. D

Some quick guidelines for the Spoiler forums

Some quick guidelines for the Spoiler forums - Thread titles should not contain spoilers. People will be coming into the thread looking for help on specific quests. They'll be avoiding clicking on threads for quests they haven't played yet, but they'll still see the thread titles. So please...
  13. D

Requests for Witcher 2 Savegame files

Requests for Witcher 2 Savegame files If you have requests for TW2 savegames, post in this thread. (This isn't really a post, just a way of setting up a permanent redirect)
  14. D

The Ballista in Loredo's Yard

The Ballista in Loredo's Yard Has anyone ever NOT sabotaged it? I'm wondering if it's mandatory or not, and if there's any consequence if you don't. I'm just curious, but not enough to play the entire chapter again to find out (I assume that if there is a consequence, it won't be until the end...
  15. D

I'm looking for a shovel.

I'm looking for a shovel. Does anyone know a guaranteed place to find a shovel in Act I? Just asking...
  16. D

The Witcher 1 / Witcher 2 Story (WARNING - NON-STOP SPOILERS)

The Witcher 1 / Witcher 2 Story (WARNING - NON-STOP SPOILERS) The story as told in TW1 and TW2. Do NOT read any further if you haven't played the games but plan to one day. Doesn't contain book spoilers. If you want more detail on the characters and places mentioned, or on the quests...
  17. D

Cleaning a PC - Vacuum cleaners, air blowers, static electricity

Cleaning a PC - Vacuum cleaners, air blowers, static electricity OK, so I've always used a vacuum cleaner to clean my PC. I know you're not supposed to, but I live in a hot, humid climate where you don't really GET static electricity, and it's never caused any problems. And there are NO shops...
  18. D

Recent News - A Moderator Message

Recent News - A Moderator Message There is a purported TW3 info leak making the rounds right now, via all sorts of places. We don't know if it's a hoax, out of date data or factual. For now, here's the policy: We're not going to talk about it save in the most roundabout terms. If it's real...
  19. D

Interviews and Articles Part 2

Interviews and Articles Part 2 The Interviews and Articles thread is getting extremely large, and it's probably quite difficult for anyone to find recent info in it, so I'm rebooting. The original thread can be found here...
  20. D

About monitors

About monitors OK, so the discussion over in the main Witcher forum got me thinking about this. I think I need new monitors, but I have absolutely NO idea about all of the current technology stuf, except that a lot seems to have happened in the last few years. So I need some advice. What I...
Top Bottom