Search results

+
  1. L

How did you fall in love with The Witcher?

It was the summer of 2012(maybe 11), I was a temporary guest at a place and my roommate asked me, "Lars, what kind of games do you play?" "Well...CoD. That's about it." And he proceeds to give me a subtle look of disgust, as if he just swallowed chewing tobacco and then says, "Ah. Well, that's...
  2. L

Now reading [books]

Finished The Given Day by Dennis Lehane, a solid read about 1918th's Boston. I liked both protagonists quite a lot, Danny's struggle with family loyalties and being a good guy while everyone else in the corporate world just shits on him constantly and Luther's ability to always screw everything...
  3. L

Where do you all come from?

The arms to the left belongs to house Vasa and the eagle represents house Bernadotte, Jean Baptiste Jules Bernadotte was a marshal of France and later became king Karl XIV Johan of Sweden. //Professor Wikipedia :)
  4. L

Where do you all come from?

Stockholm, Sweden. The weather f***ing sucks though... And I'm pretty sure Skyrim's voice acting was inspired by our countrymen's accents, so you have us to blame for that.
  5. L

Movies / TV Shows!

I haven't noticed anything too shady about HBO, what political preachiness have I been missing?
  6. L

Movies / TV Shows!

The 8th episode of the series is called "The Mountain and the Viper". I think it is pretty likely.
  7. L

Your weirdest dreams

I was in a villa (Which looked a lot like my friend's villa) , and when I went out to the yard a clown was there, burning a pile of birthday packages. Another time I was dressed like a private investigator (beige trench coat and a hat) and walked towards a lonely house which looked like it was...
  8. L

Movies / TV Shows!

I should probably give Vikings another chance, I watched ten minutes of it a year ago and didn't like the "Scandinavian" accents and just quit , but all this talk about it is quite intriguing...
  9. L

Movies / TV Shows!

I like it a lot so far, the whole dialogue with the deaf guy in the garage was hilarious :D
  10. L

Movies / TV Shows!

Yeah, they've done a terrible job at introducing Oberyn, when it's not overly obvious exposition it's more fucking. Also, if Tywin suspected him, why would he just go straight forward and say it to his face? Same applies to Oberyn confronting him about Elia. And it sucks to see the guy I'm...
  11. L

Movies / TV Shows!

I agree, it would've been nice to see the splintered teeth and thin white hair like in the books, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I still think he does a good job though.
  12. L

Movies / TV Shows!

Very nice episode indeed, a happy wedding and the way they've broken down Theon was also great , Alfie Allen is imo one of the best actors on the show. I still don't like Oberyn all that much, they introduced him poorly and he's too obvious about everything. Also, first episode of Fargo was very...
  13. L

Movies / TV Shows!

I do hope they include the pig...
  14. L

Movies / TV Shows!

I can't provide any links to confirm this but I've heard that they might cram books 4 and 5 into one season, if that's the case he doesn't have much of a chance, and yes, you are absolutely correct in that he messed up 4 and 5, nearly 2000 fucking pages of buildup with no payoff, how that is...
  15. L

Movies / TV Shows!

I didn't start reading the GoT books until the third season was done, so I'm curious if that is gonna make the show worse for me since quite a few on this thread seemed to think so. Guess I'll just watch and find out.
  16. L

Welcome Thread [Archive]

O' right, I think I've found a decent outfit for the birthday, getting the tie sorted out was a pain in the ass though.
  17. L

Now reading [books]

About a quarter-way through Dennis Lehane's Live by Night and I love it so far. Strongly recommend it to any fans of the prohibition era.
  18. L

Movies / TV Shows!

Hold on a second, they're making a FARGO TV SERIES!?? PARDON!?!? That sounds pretty awesome, will inspect indeed.
  19. L

Movies / TV Shows!

My therapist was literally disgusted with Matthew, didn't like anything about him, but then he saw TD, and he's all of a sudden among his favorite actors, so you're not alone in that.
  20. L

Movies / TV Shows!

To fill the hole that True Detective left me with (finale was great btw) I started watching Deadwood which is really quite good so far, not a lot of action but extremely good dialogue, and Al Swearengen might be one of the best villains ever. So I do approve.
Top Bottom