Search results

+
  1. C

Adding a New Texture to an Existing Model in TW1

Adding a New Texture to an Existing Model in TW1 Someone sent me a PM asking me how to add new textures to an existing model, and I'm answering publicly, just in case anyone else wants/needs to know this. I'm assuming that you already know how to find which DDS format (and how many mipmaps)...
  2. C

[TW1] [mod] Convenient Shopkeeper Mod

[TW1] [mod] Convenient Shopkeeper Mod This mod gives you a scroll that allows you to summon a shopkeeper whenever you want one. Want to buy booze for Shani's party? Want to sell some stuff you don't need? Shopkeeper at your service! You can get it at The Witcher Nexus Description This...
  3. C

[TW1] [mod] Many Items Mod Menu

[TW1] [mod] Many Items Mod Menu If you use ONE mod that gives you new items, everything works fine. But what happens if you use more than one? Installation can get pretty cumbersome in that case. So I've made a mod menu that lets you pick and choose which items you want. All of my mod items...
  4. C

What Makes YOUR Life Worth Living?

What Makes YOUR Life Worth Living? I'm having a bad day, one of those "life sucks and then you die" days when life seems as if it's just not worth the trouble. So, I was wondering: what makes YOUR life worth living? What makes you smile, what gives you pleasure, what causes you satisfaction...
  5. C

Why does Letho want to restart the Viper School?

Why does Letho want to restart the Viper School? The books and the games have told us this: 1. The mutation process that makes a witcher is very painful and very dangerous. Out of every ten boys who underwent the Trial of the Grasses, SIX of them died, and that's just ONE of the trials. And...
  6. C

Advice for New Players of "The Witcher"

Advice for New Players of "The Witcher" So, you just got The Witcher , and you're wondering what you need to know? The Witcher is a story-driven action RPG. That means that you need to pay attention to what the main characters say, because it will all be important, AND you need to...
  7. C

[TW1] [mod] Sex Takes Time Mod

[TW1] [mod] Sex Takes Time Mod I've made you a little Christmas present. Where To Get It You can get it at the Witcher Nexus or at my site, for those times when the Nexus is down. DESCRIPTION I've always thought it was strange that when Geralt has sex with a woman, most of the time, they...
  8. C

What would you give a dragon for Christmas?

What would you give a dragon for Christmas? In this year's Christmas card from CDPR, Geralt is shown giving a present to a dragon. So, let's have some ideas about what could be in the box. If YOU had a friend who was a dragon, what would you give that person for Christmas?
  9. C

Name Some Excellent Platformers

Name Some Excellent Platformers My husband loves platformers, and it's a genre that I don't know much about. With my truly miserable hand-eye coordination, platformers are nearly impossible for me, so they aren't much fun, and I stay away from them. I'd like to get one for my husband as a...
  10. C

Making the Forum a Safe and Comfortable Place

Making the Forum a Safe and Comfortable Place We've gotten some feedback lately that some people feel less than safe here on the Witcher Forum. This is a matter of great concern to us, because we want all Witcher fans to be able to feel comfortable here. The moderators are talking among...
  11. C

Witcher 1 Saved Game Bank

Witcher 1 Saved Game Bank Has your hard disk crashed? Has your saved game become glitched? Has something else happened that makes you need to download a saved game? I maintain a TW1 Saved Game Bank here. It has saved games from every chapter, so players should be able to find something that...
  12. C

I want YOUR face for a game I'm making

I want YOUR face for a game I'm making I want your face! Yes, YOURS! Want to be in a computer game? I'm making a computer game, and I need a lot of photographs of people. I need young people, old people, middle-aged people, children, babies -- every age group. I need all races and...
  13. C

[TW1] [mod] Fair Kalkstein Mod

[TW1] [mod] Fair Kalkstein Mod Kalkstein promises to pay you 1000 orens to open the tower in the swamp, which sounds like riches until you realize that it cost YOU 1150 orens in expenses. Unfair! Geralt doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd keep his mouth shut about his legitimate...
  14. C

[TW1] [Bug Fix] Fix for the Vizima Confidential Problem

[TW1] [Bug Fix] Fix for the Vizima Confidential Problem This fix contains a spoiler for a very important fact about Chapter 2 of TW1. Don't read any further if you have not yet played Chapter 2 of The Witcher! There's a bug in Chapter 2 of The Witcher that makes the game potentially...
  15. C

Please Ignore the Labels on the + and -

Please Ignore the Labels on the + and - You know how you can vote a person's post up or down with the plus and minus in the lower right-hand corner? Well, the labels of those things are messed up. If you hover your cursor over the +, the label reads "vote this post down," and if you hover...
  16. C

"Graveyard Party" File?

"Graveyard Party" File? I'm updating the TW1 list of adventures. All of the links for newer adventures work, but a few of the links for older adventures are broken. I've tracked down and fixed most of those now (and uploaded "John's Diary" to my own website, since it seems to be no...
  17. C

[TW1] Question about Mac version of TW1 and existing mods

[TW1] Question about Mac version of TW1 and existing mods I don't have a Mac and don't know much about them, so I have a question for those who do: will the library of mods we have for TW1 work on the Mac? If yes, then I'll tell my friends with Macs about some of the mods I think are good for...
  18. C

Who are your favorite characters in ANY game?

Who are your favorite characters in ANY game? Some of you know that I'm working on a computer game, a stand-alone game of my own. It's going to be a very character-heavy game, and while I have lots of ideas about characters I want to write, I was also wondering... Who are your favorite video...
  19. C

[TW1] [mod] Play as a Dark Elf

[TW1] [mod] Play as a Dark Elf Play as a Dark Elf A new mod from Corylea Get it at The Witcher Nexus or at Corylea.com. DESCRIPTION This mod changes Geralt's appearance. Instead of the default white man with white hair, Geralt will become a dark-skinned elven woman with black hair...
  20. C

Poll: Favorite TW1 Cutscene

Poll: Favorite TW1 Cutscene A new mod I'm making has required me to open every single cutscene in Djinni. And while I thought this would be a terrible chore, watching all the cutscenes again has actually been kinda fun. A lot of people love the intro and outro of TW1, but those are...
Top Bottom