Search results

+
  1. R

The White Frost

In the game, The white frost takes on characteristics of a some kind of chain reaction, seemingly emanating from that winter world. In that case, the white frost might simply be some kind of ancient magical or scientific experiment gone wrong, kinda similar to a grey goo- or induced phase change...
  2. R

The Sunstone: Meet Phillipa in the Elven ruins O.o

Have you tried to repair your game? I don´t know, but there might be some data corruption per chance?
  3. R

She Who Knows / Beginning Witchers, don't miss this

"She who knows" is hardly an objective account. Just saying.
  4. R

The Bittersweet Ending is actually a Bad Ending ... and it's All Geralt's Fault. [SPOILERS]

Ciri becoming empress is just a result of Geralt keeping his word to Emhyr and giving Ciri the information that her biological father wants to see her- as well as by being supportive giving her the strength to do what she thinks is right. It is a sacrifice for sure, but one that she is willing...
  5. R

Help With Decision (Sorry)

The reason my Geralt went with Iorveth was primarily because they where going in the same direction that Triss had been taken by Letho and that he trusted his friend Zoltan. Also, the initial idea was to try to get information from Iorveth on the Kingslayers,
  6. R

Thoughts on HoS after completion of main quest line (SPOILERS)

lol. Its not that type of enemy. He is a spiritual, intellectual and moral adversary, not someone who can be fought physically. That would spoil the entire characterization and purpose of the character.
  7. R

Choice, character and consequence in roleplaying games - or how W3 could develop in the future.

It´s not "the nature of video games" in any sense of it being an universal and unchanging constant. What it is, however, is a formulaic element that we see in many role-playing games. Once born out of design decisions reflecting shortage of resources in game-development as well as not taking...
  8. R

Choice, character and consequence in roleplaying games - or how W3 could develop in the future.

O course not. I just want to improve it with narrative logic and consequences of choice.
  9. R

How to surely know you are not stealing?

Simple. Roleplay that you are Geralt and behave like you think he would. Don´t take stuff lying around homes etc. Bandits can be looted, as well as bandit camps and monster infested caves. Thats it.
  10. R

For those that completed Hearts of stone. What is the man of glass exactly?(spoilers )

O´Dimm defiantly seem to qualify as a deity or as a "demonic deity" and that is because he is an immortal entity who: 1)Seem to embody certain principles of the world. 2)Knows and sees more than a mortal. 3)Performs "miracles" beyond what mortal sorcerers are capable of 4)Forms covenants with...
  11. R

[HoS SPOILERS] The Wraith in the Painting

I went in underlevelled on NG+ in what was supposed to be my canon serious role-playing play-through. Unfortunately it was impossible to defeat her with my mastercrafted gear (no way to do enough damage, so she simple regens everything no mater what I did) so I had to abandon it and play...
  12. R

[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

Really good expansion. Actually enjoyed that O´dimm was more of a existential menace than the wild hunt itself, but that that threat was so hidden, focused and restrained by O´dimms modus operandi. Eredin was not only motivated by dreams of conquest and power, but also because he was desperate...
  13. R

For those that completed Hearts of stone. What is the man of glass exactly?(spoilers )

I think its have been said many times over now. I found him a very effective and terrifying character. Clearly based on various pact-making archetypes in popular-, folk- and religious lore. O´Dimm seems indeed to be based on those of The devil, trickster deities and Genies. His power level is...
  14. R

That you disagree is OK but what you describe is a world devoid of agency regarding anyone but Geralt and where Geralt simply does not worry about Ciri. If your daughter was on the run from an extremely dangerous enemy that - if they got hold of her - would not only bring ruin to her but also...
  15. R

It´s not that it would have been difficult to logically integrate the side quests either. But it seems to be a blindness in game design based on that a formulaic approach is being too heavily emphasized. It would be good with a design that focused on rewarding role-playing instead.
  16. R

HoS Difficulty being Nerfed?

So, with the new patch, my problem seems to have been amplified. Wraith now regens 11000+ health when it previously did 5000+. lol *sigh* I wish the game was a little bit more role-playing friendly.
  17. R

HoS Difficulty being Nerfed?

An option to disable soft targeting would be grand as I doubt I will ever be able to defeat a certain healing wraith without it being underlevelled as my Geralt is. Caretaker was no problem, went down in one try, but if an enemy regens 5000+ per second and my blsde only does 700-1000 per hit...
  18. R

Choice, character and consequence in roleplaying games - or how W3 could develop in the future. The witcher trilogy tries to takes their characters seriously, and that is one of the main reasons many of us love the games. The Achilles heal in the open world of W3 is how quests are designed so...
  19. R

Targeting... more specifically: targeting paintings in the manor.

Yeah.. thing i that I am quite underlevelled (NG+)so if I don´t interrupt the healing process immediately the wraith simply regenerates almost all the damage she has sustained within a few seconds. That is why I need to be able to target the paintings. Being greatly underlevelled has not been...
  20. R

Targeting... more specifically: targeting paintings in the manor.

Targeting... more specifically: targeting paintings in the manor. So, I´ve spent a couple of hours trying to fight the Wraith on the upper floor. Yes the one that disappear into the paintings only to re-emerge fully healed. Any tips on how to best interact with the paintings to interrupt the...
Top Bottom