Search results

+
  1. S

New interview with CDPR about CP2077 on Rock, Paper, Shotgun

I don't see where Nathan assumes this represents the game as a whole. I do see the bit where he asks, since the trailer is arguably the first public presentation of the setting and game, if it's fair to say both genders will be represented more equally in the final product. A question Mateusz...
  2. S

New interview with CDPR about CP2077 on Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Nathan was fishing for hits because he pointed to an obvious aspect of the trailer's imagery? His feelings on the subject are well documented but it was still a perfectly reasonable question. It might not be a popular subject here but it did raise eyebrows. Nathan was only giving him an...
  3. S

Oversexualizaton in Cyberpunk

Wow, thank you for being so honest. You're right. Arguing about whether these stereotypes are damaging or not is way beyond the scope of the discussion and not really appropriate. I'm just glad we finally agree about what it is we were really watching on-screen. Political correctness is the...
  4. S

Sure, there are lots of things going on in the video. Of course almost all of them are going on in the direction of the clip's focus. The cops shooting, the camera tracking the bullets flying towards her, the bodies surrounding her, the police spinner the MAX-TAC; everything in the scene is...
  5. S

This one's a doozy so apologies in advance. Macleod, in the interest of a semblance of readability, I've removed some text here and there to distill your point. I've done my best to be honest to the spirit of the comment. If you feel that I've unfairly represented your point though, or changed...
  6. S

Character Romance Discussion

I definitely like the idea of romances if it feeds into interesting character development. Bioware's characters are generally interesting to get to know and relationships (romantic or not) feel organic in the way they develop. If you look at them narratively. Some of my best memories of the...
  7. S

Is there space for NetRunners in game?

I agree with slimgrin. The biggest issue is a class one vs resources necessary to realize it. Having a whole separate world accessible or useful to only one role penalizes people playing other characters. I think the best approach is definitely to have it as an optional skill, any or most...
  8. S

Actually this is probably a fair charge. I've worked in both advertising and dabbled in amateur film, so I know some of the technical tricks behind the scenes and instinctively break things down when I see them. I'm not sure if we'd necessarily be having the same discussion about a full movie...
  9. S

So... you think the logo is the central character of the scene?!! Sorry, can't tell if you're still addressing me. I never said it was disgusting, just a cliche and a bit cynical. Not sure whether you're just pre-judging comments despite the actual words written in them or if your reading...
  10. S

Absolutely. The short duration and intentional ambiguity is the reason the choice of imagery is so important. There are also tons of things the trailer did really well though. 1. Style and mood +1 2. Pacing +1 3. Environmental details and design +10 4. Nods to existing fanbase +50
  11. S

So only 3% of players are female? May I see the source for that please? Also, how about guys who'd like to see a dystopian future that takes them out of their comfort zone and shows men being exploited as much as women? How many percent of all the players will that be? Also, are you suggesting...
  12. S

I dislike the expression 'oversexualization' too. It's a redundant term invented by puritanical interest groups and sensationalist news media, where plain old 'sexualization' works just fine. It isn't even a real word. It's strange but it feels like after 16 pages of comments we're still having...
  13. S

Deflecting arguments is deflection. If you disagree about the framing of the scene and the attitude of the characters in it that's fine. That's called critical thinking and it's a good thing. Still the attempts to turn the argument around to the critics having dirty minds or whatever that is...
  14. S

No one's trying to take your toys away just because they're a bit critical of the teaser. I've seen practically no one on this thread suggesting a reduction of sexual content, or compromising one of the (smaller) themes of the p&p game and the genre as a whole. Wails of 'censorship' and 'sticks...
  15. S

Cyberpunk 2077 Wallpapers

Thanks! So you downloaded the compressed mp4 with a browser plugin I take it? It would be cool to get our hands on a really nice HD h.264 or matroska quality copy. Still virtual Dub is a great tool. I've only used it a little to hardcode subtitles into video for tech-illiterate friends but it...
  16. S

It's also a proven fact that 97.14% of statistics on the internet are completely made up. I genuinely don't want to get in an argument here, because I honestly don't think this one is a serious culprit; as opposed to Agent 47 killing nuns which was actually kind of offensive. But it does...
  17. S

Fan Made Wallpapers

Particularly like Graffiti. The logo in the image really adds something to the still. Thank you.
  18. S

Firstly, It's really not a big deal. People are just discussing it is all. I've looked around a few forums too and been surprised by the civility of the argument going on. The fact that it's a conversation between pretty large camps is a good thing. I understand there are those who're sick of...
  19. S

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

Also, when your band name is essentially "Skinjob" in German, that gives you Cyberpunk cred
  20. S

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

A little surprised to see no one's mentioned the Puppy yet Happy to see someone thought to include Perturbator though :)
Top Bottom