Search results

+
  1. GloriousRuse

Cyberpunk in numbers

I'm guessing most players are straight males, and their first 9and possibly only) run through the game is as a straight male. Their second run through is as a lesbian female. The default LE for 1 is pam, and 2 is judy..so I'd expect those numbers to correspond.
  2. GloriousRuse

Disappointed in Corpo life path

Much like the Witcher series...for which CDPR was universally hailed and praised...you follow a reasonably linear story with some branching variants in execution, maybe a short choice-effect sequence that stays localized and is generally well done but not main line affecting, and trivial...
  3. GloriousRuse

CDPR stock goes down 14% today

Oh, FFS, if you don't try to play GTA: Night City, what you get is basically First Person Cyberpunk Witcher. It still boggles the mind on how people who are ardent Witcher fans somehow see CP as an unmitigated disaster. Some of the side content/quests aren't as deftly executed and the story (and...
  4. GloriousRuse

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

To respond to those saying that they "should be able to" do X,Y, and Z for endings and that their inability to do so must mean linearity, I would ask you to view that with an eye to numbers. I think you'll find that the main plots of even choice heavy games rarely have more than a few primary...
  5. GloriousRuse

As a note on linearity, most CRPGs are some degree of linear, with the choice mostly being the width of that line and how far left and right you can move in between branching points that may temporarily take you down another line of varying width. Both drama and design ensure those branches will...
  6. GloriousRuse

[LORE] Question: Corpo earnings in CP Red/2020?

With the usual caveat that I don't actually care if the writers are good economists so long as I get my neon awesome... It doesn't work the same in other countries, but those countries don't actually generate the revenue streams or the supply chains the the CP megacorporations take for granted...
  7. GloriousRuse

Without getting into things like Gini coefficients, lets just leave it to say that by the time you're at late stage service/information/long-chain manufacturing capitalism inequality skyrockets, but generally while dragging the quality of life of people up. You've essentially moved from a tiny...
  8. GloriousRuse

Cyberpunk definitely is a weird neo-feudalism, and don't get me wrong, it's tons of fun exactly because of that. But real feudalism was challenged by proto-mercantilism (and also a plague), and it lost. As for Facebook - in certain cases of extreme costs, it may be practical. But that doesn't...
  9. GloriousRuse

[Spoiler] Stout's Super Goons

There does seem to be a general misunderstanding of what constitutes "effort", usually with the blithe assumption that whatever it is we want will be "really easy." I understand how it happens - some of my favorite RPGs of all time are 2D isometrics that struggle to even model different vertical...
  10. GloriousRuse

The irony of all of it is that most of the social and economic CP "control your workers" techniques envisioned dystopian in the late 80's and early 90's all basically collapsed as financially inefficient. Ex: It turns out that even if you want to have an employee mall-ville, malls are still...
  11. GloriousRuse

Johnny relationship and secret ending

I don't think that's your "relationship", that's "how intertwined V & Johnny are."
  12. GloriousRuse

Punk and Cyberpunk... timeless

I can't tell if that's meant ironically...
  13. GloriousRuse

I don't like Panam Palmer

I think the difference is that Panam's "downsides" either happen before her screen time (well, you can actually hear her negotiating the deal with sixth street if you walk around the Afterlife before seeing Dex), and seem more like intro material than clear consequences. And while it's true that...
  14. GloriousRuse

I don't like Panam Palmer

I tend to agree with Fuse here. Panam is generic-action-girl-with-plot-armor while so many other characters are actually characters rather than archetypes. I imagine on the drawing board her impulsiveness, tendency to rash behavior, and inability to control her temper were supposed to be...
  15. GloriousRuse

I've written a lot on the endings thread, so I won't spam here, but yeah - I thought the endings were on the money for cyberpunk. And despite how unpopular it is, I REALLY liked that the characters don't all shape their lives around V in the ending, but make their own decisions that V might be...
  16. GloriousRuse

On the contrary, I think they take a pretty good look at cyberpunk themes, usually through the characters. Take Johnny, who represents the true rebel - utterly, totally convinced he is right, that the System/Authority is Evil, and has the drive to play the part of the messianic fighter. The...
  17. GloriousRuse

How do characters feel about Doll Chips?? [SPOILERS] + [TRIGGER WARNING]

I think it basically comes down to this: you have, for whatever reason, decided to become a sex worker. Your basic options are: 1) Do it the old fashioned way, and get to experience every minute of it, for better or worse. Joytoys, basically. Given the CP world, probably worse. If the real...
  18. GloriousRuse

It's implied throughout the story that the Aldecados are all but out on their feet as of the start of the game. They left Arizona to try to get a fresh start in happy hunting grounds, but when you find them they're barely holding on to their patch of sand, being taken to the ropes by the...
  19. GloriousRuse

Fixers the worst people in Cyberpunk? :)

I think we can ALL agree the car messages are obnoxious. Can't say I've had fixer calls pop up in the middle of other things, but mileage may vary I guess. (other than Delamain). I think the real issue here is that there are not a lot of side gigs that are worthy of going through the full...
  20. GloriousRuse

My character is weak, gets constantly one-shotted by MODERATE level enemies

I personally always play low armor builds (I recently graduated from the default HARD to VERY HARD). It just gives the game more flair. There's that moment of pysching up before you kick the sandevistan on, sprint across the room, chop down three guys with a katana and then fling a grenade into...
Top Bottom