Search results

+
  1. G

[MOD IDEA] Geralt swords on the side instead of the back

Yeah as others have said its a trademark from the books. It's even noted multiple times as being odd to wear them on your back, in game and in the books.
  2. G

STLM 2+Blood and Wine

He was being coy, it was a jest.
  3. G

[MOD]A new overhaul, the successor of Better Combat Evolved 2

Another thought I'd had was adjusting enemy stamina. In death march I was never really able to deplete an Human opponents stamina to get the to drop their shield or "fight less effectively" as the loading screen tips said. You could also have Geralt be able to run out of stamina for "realism"...
  4. G

[MODS] A small collection of personal mods

Haven't got around to updating to 1.12 so I don't know if your mods are compatible, and I just finished a play through so I'll probably wait for B&W to play again. But anyways just wanted to say thanks for the great work and sharing them on here and hope you take the time to have them work with...
  5. G

STLM 2+Blood and Wine

As others have said STLM isn't using scripts so it should work with BaW. While playing BaW if there are new env and csv's you will experience them as developed by the devs ie. Vanilla lighting. If Toussaint reuses any env or csv's that are in STLM they will be altered. ULM has sliders in the...
  6. G

[MOD]A new overhaul, the successor of Better Combat Evolved 2

I really only have a few suggestions, mod sounds almost exactly what I'd want. Investment in swordsmanship grants speed increases to doges and attack animations. Maybe chance for time slowdown like trial of grasses. Option to compleatly turn off trophy bonuses, I like the aesthetics when...
  7. G

Distance to quest marker... is it based on feet or meter?

While I have no idea what units they use, nor do I really care haha, but there's been a couple YouTube videos of people walking across maps. Witcher 3 (skellige, Velen, white orchard) takes about 2hours and skyrim is about 30 mins. So the ~130km2 floating around is about 4x the size of skyrim...
  8. G

The Modding Community

Short answer: not anytime soon. Longer answer: We will reach a level that in real time that you might say it looks close. The reality is though there's huge amounts of little details and effects that give it that almost real life quality that change it from rendering 60 FPS to rendering one of...
  9. G

A more gentle Witcher

This is sort of on topic I suppose, the "suggestivity" of sorceresses is totally from the books. It's not necessarily needed but fairly true to their characters, by that I mean the modest (for a sorceress) sorceresses from books are modest and the sugestive are sugestive.
  10. G

A more gentle Witcher

Yeah I would say apart from combat finishers, the majority of violence and nudity lends itself to the story. I can think of a number of quests where its fairly key in building tone and character, and for the most part it's toned down from witcher 2.
  11. G

New game+ question

Lose: Gwent cards, quest items, weapon and armour recipes, books, discovered locations(as in you can explore all '?'s again including places of power), beastiary and journal entries. Keep: money, gear, potions/bombs (and their recipes), level and skills. Gain: 1 potion of clearence. Can't...
  12. G

New game+ question

NG+ only differs slightly from starting a new game. -Monsters start at level 31 so at level 37 it will be easy to start. -Spells and bombs are less powerful due to monster resistance going up more than your damage and intensity so later on its mildly harder than a fresh new game. -Obvious I...
  13. G

I'm just curious about mods... (newbie alert!)

I have a few reasons I mod the game. 1. Features that I dislike and think could be improved. The UI (I use friendly hud), I also prefer a much closer camera while wandering around. 2. Graphics, improved lighting, textures, and visual effects. 3. Bug fixes. 4. Difficulty for if the game is...
  14. G

How about...The Witcher: Grand Plan

While its absolutely true that Witcher 1 could be improved by being in the new engine, there aren't the tools for building locations with the current mod kit. Sure somebody may figure something out but it would probably so convoluted and time consuming you wouldn't find enough people willing to...
  15. G

Can I start playing gwent in NG+ if I didn't play it on first time?

Yup Gwent doesn't carry over to NG+.
  16. G

This isn't happening, this can't be happening - patch 1.11...

In going to go with wasteland ghost on this too. That sounds more like an issue on your end rather than game itself. I would try verifying your game and also check your drivers and things like that haven't seen other people with those issues posting, sounds like an isolated case to me.
  17. G

Isle of Mist

You just keep sailing to the mark and then pass under the stone bridge the game should give a window conformation of continuing to the next part. Just so you know there is still a sizeable portion of the game left after the isle of the mist quest. And what 3 remaining missions are you referring too?
  18. G

Petition: Stop making the game easier!

With the anger towards console gamers I presume you're on PC, if so just download one of many mods to tweak difficulty/combat.
  19. G

Isle of Mist

Make sure you actually sit down on the boat (one in skellige not novigrad) too at the rutter, or else it might not trigger the next phase. Then a marker should show up on your map and set sail
  20. G

Do We Need More Immersion?

Triss.Hasengold 1) I know you're not the only one in favour of player housing but many of the Witcher fans are against it. More main character interactions I would always take, but the only player house for Geralt I want to see is after the main story. 2) This I agree with and use a mod that...
Top Bottom