Search results

+
  1. U

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Most of what we do focuses on mapping and removing invasive plant species that like to take over the ecosystems, like English Ivy and Scotch Broom, which were introduced here by settlers. They tend to out-compete native species for important resources like water and sunlight. By controlling...
  2. U

Welcome Thread [Archive]

I'm Nick, and I think I'm the token Canadian on this forum. I haven't had the opportunity to read any of Sapkowski's works yet (except a couple of short stories), but I'll be all over them as soon as they're published in English.I'm a huge fan RPGs of all kinds. The Witcher caught my eye a...
  3. U

Rpgs

I suppose for me it really depends on my mood. Some days I'll feel like a very focused and well-told story, whereas some days I just want to explore a world, loot some dungeons, and do what I please.There is certainly a greated degree of freedom to roleplay as you want to in RPGs like Oblivion...
  4. U

Screens, renders, concept-art - opinions

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be funny or not, but I kind of found it to be I think that stylistically, he looks quite dark and hardened. And if you mean simply in colouration, then yes, maybe try what macell suggests
  5. U

Censorship in The Witcher

I think censorship in games in general is unnecessary. The ESRB and other ratings bodies do a fine job of classifying the content of a game. It is up to parents to make sure that mature-rated games don't end up in the hands of minors.I do agree that video-game vendors should be held liable for...
  6. U

Christmas cards 2006

Last year's card took about as long too. However, Christmas cards from my relatives in Poland get here much closer to Christmas. Maybe the Polish postal service has something against The Witcher :P?Either way, I'm happy I have it now. Thanks very much to you guys for sending it, and to Dziadu...
  7. U

I just saw that higher-rez versions of the the last two of those shots have been posted on the site, and I must say that the close-up of Geralt is incredible in its level of detail. I'm very impressed with it, and I also like the dialog in the second shot. It fits the atmosphere very well.
  8. U

The first one there, with Geralt kneeling by the water, is amazing. I love the landscape shots.
  9. U

Christmas cards 2006

I got mine on Sunday :). It's awesome, and has a place of honour on my bulletin board next to last year's card.
  10. U

They all look awesome! And yes, that sunset is incredible
  11. U

Christmas cards 2006

Don't feel left out, so am I ;). It'll be a pleasent suprise when it arrives.
  12. U

Ask the Dev Team (old one)

Like I said in the other thread, I hope that PC Gamer does an article on it...PC Gamer is a very popular PC games magazine in North America and I think it would be great publicity for TW to get a feature article in it. Myabe it's wishful thinking, but who knows, it might happen.
  13. U

The Witcher vs. other RPGs

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that one. IMO, Oblivion's graphics were quite impressive in all respects...the forests and exteriors looked great, but so did the interiors (beautifullly detailed) and buildings, and weapons and armor. Perhaps some of the character models were a tad...
  14. U

Christmas cards 2006

But April is so far away... I can wait until then, and I'll be watching for the pics!
  15. U

Christmas cards 2006

I was also wondering where I could get one of those shirts...any estimate on when they'll be available for purchase? Also, is there any chance that a picture of them could be posted here?
  16. U

Christmas cards 2006

I will of course let you know as soon as I get it! It will sit on my bulletin board next to last year's card :)
  17. U

Christmas cards 2006

Still waiting on mine...but I don't expect it to arrive soon, becase last year it was very late. I geuss that's what I get for being all the way over here in Canada. Still, I'll be excited to get it when it comes :)
  18. U

Andrzej Sapkowski Books

I did indeed learn about The Witcher saga through this very game...I was reading about some RPG or another on a gaming website (Gamespot I think) one day, and to the right of the article they have an area where is shows games related to the one you're currently reading about. Well, it had a...
  19. U

Rpgs

I suppose that appraisal really depends on what you're looking to get out of an RPG. These titles fall into the action RPG category, but that doesn't mean they cease being RPG's altogether.As a second opinion, I have played and enjoyed all these games (to varying extents), along with deeper RP...
  20. U

Andrzej Sapkowski Books

I think everybody hopes for that!Also, for what it's worth, I am a Canadian born-and-raised speaker of English, and in reading the short stories that have been translated so far, one of the things I found engaging about the writing was the use of unconventional (in English anyway) sayings and...
Top Bottom