Search results

+
  1. T

No Internet + 1.4 Patch = Can I install this?

I cannot possibly believe this ***** they're doing there.They sell you a SINGLEPLAYER game and, while they didnt asked you for internet connection on the initial game, they ask for internet connection on a PATCH.Most companies start up doing this kind of utter ***** in the inital release and...
  2. T

What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

1. They will release a sequel. ::)2. You will be forced by the CIA to buy it. :D ;D
  3. T

[GENERAL] Difficulty Settings and Flaming Sword

Meh.They should maybe make the group styles and igni sign stuff a bit weaker, if this quest believes them to be a problem.Personally I found them a bit funny. With group style I could kill opponents faster than with any of the other styles.Like 3 drowners attacked, 1 hit groupstyle == all dead...
  4. T

Combat in the game - general discussion

Besides, I love the combat of Vanguard where you get a BIG LOAD of skills to choose from and actually have to react on events, such as scoring a critical or managing a parry.Most complex battle short of controlling a D&D spellcaster.
  5. T

World size

I dont think The Witcher's world size is an issue.I hate the act scheme of NWN (and TW), sorting a game into acts, ugh. Baldurs Gate did without that, I dont see why NWN or The Witcher need it.But The Witcher is a story based game, not a world simulation game like Elder Scrolls or any MMO...
  6. T

[ACT I] Beast riddles? (Spoilers maybe)

The only kind of conversation I had with the beast was with the sword.
  7. T

What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

Meh, the good old "he forgot everything" and "start anew" scheme will pop up in a Witcher 2 for sure.Whats would be the point of a new game where you start with maxlevel, anyway ?In this respect, its a bad idea to base your computer game on an existing fantasy world... an own one gives you a ton...
  8. T

Combat in the game - general discussion

Meh.Combat in the WItcher ... I so dont understand why I'm supposed to klick on the attacker again and again.If I would actually have to react on events or if there would be actually different attacks to choose from or something.But its only klick - wait a moment - klick - wait a moment - klick...
  9. T

World size

Well - actually, the Witcher is very, very, very small.Its area based, too.Theres not really something to say against it - actually I sometimes wished it would be even a bit smaller so the distances would be faster to cross.And its definitely filled up with stuff. Areas like the swamp - so full...
  10. T

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

Well, you can get really good artifact weapons later in the game, which will probably replace your own crafted weapons.Other than that, I got the 3 red meteorite sword in act 1 already and I dont think any of the other crafted ones are substantly better - its best damage, and if I really need...
  11. T

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

Thats common ... in Act 3, I had opponents which gave me 500 xp, but where pushovers.OTOH I had opponents which gave 1 xp which, well, where still quite a nuisance for only giving 1 xp.
  12. T

Sword Scabbards or no?

I agree - I miss them too.Looks stupid to have such a visually appealing game but the swords are "glued" to your back.
  13. T

Nobody asked that ? ???Still, anyone knows how this "sensitivity to silver" effect works ? Does the damage increase and increase, or does it only get up once (or maybe not at all) ?
  14. T

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

Well, I use Quen whenever Geralts Health goes down and I need to quaff some potions.That Hex thing never really worked for me, and the pain trap thing, no idea how this is supposed to work.
  15. T

[ACT II] Dealing with Grandma

Thats a different granny, which can be avoided with a very easy solution (tip: check your questlog) - and I thought thats an ACT 3 quest ?
  16. T

[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

Hmm, I didnt care about either woman in my decision. Why would I, anyway ? Its a question about the best future for the boy, not for some other people's egos, is it ?Alvin is a potential sorcerer - and therefore needs supervision by an established sorcerer, or his abilities might cause a...
  17. T

So - nobody knows what "Sensitivity to Silver" actually does ? :( I disagree. The 3 blue meteroite sword is actually quite weak. See the initial posting, or the list I just posted on the last page, effectively 2 postings before your posting, or 3 postings before this one.
  18. T

[ACT I] the beast help

Whow great tip thank you !
  19. T

[ACT I] Unable to complete Mikul's crypt quest

Use the Aard sign on the walls where ghouls are behind.You dont need to kill all ghouls, though.Just the ones next to the magic stone which gives you the igni sign, or how its called.
  20. T

I dont understand this "sensitivity to silver" ?Does it mean, every time I hit the mob, the damage goes 45% up ? For the 3 moon rune version ?So I do 145% on first hit, 190% on second, 235% on third ... ?Or does it mean 100% on first, and if the mob fails a save, 145% on the second, 145% on the...
Top Bottom