Search results

+
  1. X

Importing Savegame.

What is the advantage to importing a savegame from the original? Did a search and could not find an answer.
  2. X

[EPILOGUE] Full Moon potion - bugged???

Ok, just an update, not bugged. When I take the Full Moon potion, the Vitality bar does reduce to half way (visually) but when you look at the Vitality number, it has now doubled (well gone to 912 in my case). So correct. After meditating, Vitality is now maxed visually and in number.
  3. X

Hmmm. Thanks for the replies. What I might do is pause the game and see what the readings are, take the potion and see what they are then. Maybe you are right. Visual moving of the bar represents what my maximum can now be potentially, without actually changing by actual Vitality.As to what...
  4. X

Well, the Red bar goes from fully across to half across. If my Vitality is low and I take it, the Red bar disappears and I die next hit from anything. Not what I would expect.
  5. X

[EPILOGUE] Full Moon potion - bugged??? Trying miserably to fight the Zeugl. When I take the Full Moon potion, it halves my Vitality rather that maximizes it. This does not seem right... Game time is 2100 hours. Something wrong here?!?
  6. X

cannot uninstall help!

Good! Sorry the destructions were so long...but it saves a reinstall of Winblows.The My Documents is not hidden. This is where your documents created with Word, Open Office, pictures etc are located. You should have an icon on your Desktop. If not, it is located here: C:\Documents and...
  7. X

cannot uninstall help!

Ok. Try this. Bear in mind I have the European version but principle will be the same; this is last ditch effort stuff, so you have been warned - there is no going back!!!Your save games will be in your My Documents folder as a sub folder called The Witcher. Copy this folder to somewhere safe in...
  8. X

Patches

See this thread: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=12161.120specifically pages 9 and 10.I am now in the Epilogue.
  9. X

Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

Both processors are ok.You need 2GB RAM.Both graphics cards inadequate. They will be the bottleneck. 8800GT (or GTS) if you can or the ATi equivalent. You should be able to pick them up reasonably now. I know that I can get a 8800GT 512MB for cheaper than I paid for 8800GTS 320MB but then it is...
  10. X

[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

;D ;D ;D Finally!!! Beat it. Th only thing that worked for me was running around the middle pillar and blasting it with Igni. Strong Silver finished it off but it almost had me even then. Needed to take a ? potion to instantly revive Vitality otherwise I would have been history; the red bar was...
  11. X

[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

:(I am having hell with this. 40+ goes and still get screwed. Tried some of the suggestions; tried as I am on level 26, level 3 Igni and only Cat, Tawny Oil potions available. At the most I have got it to 1/3 health but it does not seem to go below this. Frustrating as hell.Thought this would be...
  12. X

[Solved] Game Won't Start in XP: "Insufficient privileges"

Glad you have it working but that is the sad fact with Windows that if something breaks it balks the whole install. All these years and Mickeysoft still cannot get it right...A couple of things to try, or try next time ;DDownload CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/ and run. Especially use the...
  13. X

Patch 1.3 issues

No, I do side quests as well as the main thread. Some (side) quests must be completed in the chapter you are in. If you advance then basically it is over for finishing that quest(s) but they are still listed in the Quests section of the Journal as they are not completed.I did not even restart...
  14. X

Patch 1.3 issues

Like you, I play slowly. Started the game in November last year and in Chapter V now. I started with Version 1.1 (it was out before the game hit Australia), have updated to 1.2 and 1.3 and used existing saves. Have not really noticed too many issues doing this. There may be some but nothing show...
  15. X

Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

At the worst, you may just need to restart the Chapter you are currently on. That is what CDR have said with regard to all previous patches. I guess we will all have to wait and see.
  16. X

Dual Cores? This may be interesting...

Well for the first time, my latest rig has the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ dual core and I have had no issues with it. The Witcher and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - SOC runs great. Very little problems at all in anything.
  17. X

List of dvd drives which actually work with this game?

Pioneer DVR-212 DVD-RAM (Firmware 1.21)This is a SATA drive BTW.
  18. X

The Witcher on Mac

Well, are you running Tiger or Leopard? You can dual boot with Windows XP. Only problem is the graphics cards suck in notebooks - they are not gaming platforms despite what the manufacturers outrageously claim.
  19. X

Dual Cores? This may be interesting...

Dual Cores? This may be interesting... I have a lot of years associated with IL-2 Shturmovik. This was posted in one of their forums but may be interesting for those with Dual core processors (or more).Basically enables you to launch a program to run on the core of your...
  20. X

Chapter 1; Undestroyable wall in Salamander Cave

That one! Getting confused in old age >:(
Top Bottom