Search results

+
  1. M

Very Impressed with what's in the box

Alright, I wasn't going to post, but figured I best do for having the audacity to stain the forums like that. RED, your game is awesome. I don't know what went on with the first chapter, maybe I was just rubbish or it was more difficult than the second, I don't know. I am however now well in to...
  2. M

Thanks gents :)/> I gave it a try, and while I like the story and the look of the game, I don't like the gameplay. Combat-wise, It's just not responsive enough to dodge properly. On the off-chance Geralt isn't recovering from a 2 second animation and I manage to roll away, I usually get clipped...
  3. M

Very Impressed with what's in the box Hi gents, I haven't been here since TW1 release due to obscene amounts of work. I have however just got TW2 boxed enhanced edition for Christmas. On opening the box, I found not only the two DVD's and the manual, but the quest handbook, the foldout map and...
  4. M

CD Projekt RED has published their official statement about the leak of The Witcher 2 presentation movie

Hi! I'm back, as I just heard the news of The Witcher 2.I haven't been here since the release of the original Witcher (work commitments meant I couldn't even download the enhanced edition package and try it out) Congrats on the new engine and the 1.2 mill copies. That's quite something for a PC...
  5. M

Does the game really take 80 hours to beat?

My first play through of the standard release version took me just above 80 hours, and I didn't explore the last two areas fully. It's easy to speed through if you've done it before, but the first time is definately a long one.
  6. M

Andrzej Sapkowski nominated for the David Gemmell Legend Award as "Blood of Elves" ships to stores in UK

Nice job ;)I hope this speeds up the translation of the others. I'm a bit worried to start reading yet as I know the wait for book 2 will be a long one.That is unless I could pay someone to sit and read the Polish version to me.
  7. M

"Blood of the Elves" bound for September

The Last Wish is still available from WhSmith in the UK. And on their website too - that's where I got mine anyway. 9 quid for the paperback, but worth it.Great news with Blood of (the) Elves. I'll be buying that. Cover looks like The Last Wish. I hope it lives up to the first book translation...
  8. M

Can't be long now...

Ahem, I hope I'm not out of line, but I see that the toolset forum changed to the mod editor forum.I prefer 'toolset', or even 'modding toolset' personally. Mod editor sounds like a far less powerful tool as far as the name goes.Anyone else agree, or am I just being supremely pointlessly picky...
  9. M

[IMPORTANT] RED asks the community

Favourite cutsceneRound the fire at the start, just before everyone goes their own wayFavourite characterThalerFavourite quoteNot sure about this oneFavourite questThe InvestigationFavourite monsterStriga without a doubtFavourite locationOutskirts (Act I) by the river bridge, and Trade...
  10. M

PLEASE HELP!!--attention smart people

Ah, yep. That's a lot :P If you use msconfig you should be able to get that down significantly. I usually have 19 running on first boot. Anything above about 40 when you first boot would be quite a large amount in my eyes. Hehe what Vard said above ;) What computer sellers consider a gaming...
  11. M

Hair and face turning black

Could well be something as simple as heat if it hasn't been seen before. Got a temp sensor on that X1950?
  12. M

PLEASE HELP!!--attention smart people

Just some additions to the above answers; Kaspersky for me, the mainstreams are all system hogs and I found AVG unstable. Is it a flatscreen or CRT? (CRT=huge chunky thing) Look on the sticker on the back or side for make and model number, google it, find one for sale and check the specs. You...
  13. M

Shani

In game one for me ;)
  14. M

[ACT I] Can't fight all the opponents in Fistfighting..

Some are just part of the crowd I think - not all of them will fight which is normal. That I can be sure of. :)
  15. M

CD Keys in Canada

:DAre you in Canada by chance? There's a whole thread about Candians without keys around here somewhere.::Edit - Here it is: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3308.0
  16. M

CTD every time to start Odo's weed kill quest (Salamander's Tail?) *solved*

All set, have you got msn? Its only 3 meg (your new save file that is)
  17. M

The Witcher downloadable demo available now!

Greets,Part of the prologue is missing in the demo, yep. I understand the alchemy part is missing from it too, which is quite a large portion. This is also why prologue to act 1 is a bit odd in the demo. It actually makes sense in the game.There are some in act 1, although I haven't played the...
  18. M

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7208.0 :)
  19. M

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

As I understand it, level 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 skills relate to the part of the combo you're on. So if you pick crushing blow 1 and 2, then it may trigger on hit 1 of the combo, and then hit 2 of the combo. If you pick say crushing blow 2 only, it may trigger on hit 2 and thats it.Of course, I could...
  20. M

That's quite a large demo! Will demo players be able to carry their saves over to the full game if they buy it?
Top Bottom