Search results

+
  1. X

Wierd game crash after EE install

I download the latest drivers usually from the manufacturer's website, and in any case my version is newer than the EE. I will try that one, but I kind of doubt it'll help.As for Vista, I have that early hotfix which adresses memory usage, and I don't think anything else is needed.
  2. X

Here's the PC Wizard report. Will attach the errlog later, because I'm trying to advance the plot a bit in 1.3. Another very wierd problem surfaced (playing v1.3). The dice poker game overheats my GTX280 (I know it sounds crazy, but it does!). Mind you, I set the graphics card fan to 100% before...
  3. X

Wierd game crash after EE install http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=18896.0I seem to be having the same problem as the person above, except that reinstalling does not work. The game was working with 1.3.Having looked through the FAQ, I can say that I have no EAX, no SLI and stuff...
  4. X

Favorite line of dialogue

Eh? Were you pro-order? Because I had Triss with me.Awesome quote though ;D
  5. X

Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

Good point, I'm sure it's named after Thissaya de Vries though.Yeah, the Hood quest is a nice little easter egg. ;D
  6. X

GERALT cannot be frigid by nature

What makes the storyline really sad is that Geralt now thinks Merigold is the love of his life...he loved her, too, but it wasn't as powerful as his romance with Yen. Maybe they've thought that resurrecting him is enough? Two would be too much, and three (together with Ciri) even more a blatant...
  7. X

Noticed them, too. I thought the portraits were devs or something, but I don't have their photos to confirm it. And the sign looks somewhat like the one belonging to the Cult of the Lionheaded Spider (or whatever it's called). In fact, I believe a lot of stuff related to those guys was cut out...
  8. X

His real name in the book. Wierd, really, because Geralt was supposed to have killed him...man, that blow must've incapacitated him for years.Also, the count Joachim De Vett was the comnnader of army group "Verden" in the big war with Nilfgaard. I love the fact that we dealt with him. ;D\And...
  9. X

Iirc, the Grandmaster's name was "von Aldersberg". It is a name of a battle where Nilfgaard won. Could that possibly a link to the South?.. Maybe something for the sequel...
  10. X

Oh I liked him...it's a shame, really.Ha! The Professor (or Raplh Bluenden) is also a very old enemy. The Vivaldi bank exists in the books as well...the devs have made a lot of connections to the world of the book series...however, it feels much less dark and gritty than the game world.Same with...
  11. X

Also, the detectives mentioned by Raymond - Codringer and Fenn (sp?) - are from the books. They are in fact one person (Codringer) - well, kind of. :P
  12. X

Haha, yes, that ribbon thing is fun, althouth the fanclub always pissed me off because they wouldn't go away when I wante to enter a cave. Ah well, they die from one Igni.Another Easter Egg I've found:When Cyrilla studied magic with Yennifer, she was trying the Aard sign and broke down a shed...
  13. X

Favorite line of dialogue

Oh, there was a LOT of awesome quotes here.First of all, you can sometimes hear dwarves say something like (I'm not sure because it may be different in the English version) "F*ck coexistence!!" - that totally blew my mind. Also the now-famous "Your mom sucks dwarf c*ck" is great.Then there are...
  14. X

Your Favourite NPC

In the books though Triss is supposed to have horrible burns to her body. She says at one point she'll never wear an open dress...well, I guess they've got around to completely healing her, which is great.Ithe fursther I read, though, the sadder the game's storyline seems...the true love of his...
  15. X

Your Favourite NPC

You're right, I completely forgot about Ziggy and the elf. White Rayla and Torubviel appear only in the end...If I were to add them, I'd have to add Aline/Celine and lots of other minors including Raymond.
  16. X

Extensions

Mods, could we maybe have separate wishlist threads - one for extensions, and another one for what we'd love to see in the future expansion pack(s) and/or sequel(s)? I think it would be more organized that way...
  17. X

Your Favourite NPC

Your Favourite NPC As the title says, what's your favourite major NPC in the game? I've allowed 2 options because it's sometimes too hard to decide on a single NPC; also I've tried not to make the list too long: if I had included all NPCs you talk to in quests, this poll would stretch for a...
  18. X

Something for the alcoholic in us all.

Luckily we don't get any censorship here. These things add to realism. I remember roleplaying Geralt a little and getting piss drunk after curing Vince. ;D
  19. X

If you were living in the world of The Withcher...

Hey, why not do a forum RPG based on this? We'll need some GMs though :PAnyway, I'd be uh, a witcher, I guess. Because you're powerful enough to deflect the shit this life throws at you with your sword (yes, that is a skill they all get...) ;D I'd try to rival Geralt and Dandelion in romantic...
  20. X

Great sales results of The Witcher in Russia!

The incredible Witcher sales here are in no small part thanks to the great (and I mean great - nothing short of amazing) work done by the translators over at NewDisc. The voices are all great, they all fit. There was not a single mistake I've noticed in the dialogue.So yeah, the market's pretty...
Top Bottom