Search results

+
  1. R

The Original 'white wolf' and the influence on these books...

Michael Moorcock is one of the best dark fantasy authors of mordern fantasy :)Erekosé, Corum, Elric of Melniboné, Hawkmoon and Count Brass...I remember the very first book I read, (sadly at this time in german). The story, where he kills his beloved (and cousin) with his sword Stormbringer.Not...
  2. R

Revised scores for The Witcher in German magazines

Gamestar moans about all games which aren't like World of Warcraft :-\They also moaned about Gothic 3 and Everquest and Oblivion - in conjunction what WoW does better - forgetting the fact that WoW is a mainstream MMORPG aimed at the goal to have as many customers as possible, which includes...
  3. R

So where do you get money for everything?

I killed loads of barghests and sold their heads to Abigail.Also I sold all the jewelery and gemstones, except the ones I needed for quests.I did every quest I got my hands on, I played poker and participated in fistfights whenever I felt up for it. Hate mindless grinding, so I tried to balance...
  4. R

Witcher...Gothic.....Both Fantastic

Well, it was their first big role-play game :) I am sure the next one will be *takes a deep breath* muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.Besides that, I hope they will add next time a Developer-Console players can unlock and use, too. And no, not to make the game easier - more to teleport into the areas and...
  5. R

Witcher...Gothic.....Both Fantastic

Gothic 3 is not as bad as they tried to make it with their reviews.I guess the main reason is, because it requires some "intelligence" to use the GUI and maneuver the character around.And yes, there was that bug with the killer boars *shrug* I simply used my bow and killed them from afar. Such...
  6. R

Fanfiction contest results!

Grats Corvinius and Vincalis :)I just finished "Hunger" and liked it a lot, going to read The May Queen's Curse next.@Kaeldorn.Thank you for the compliment. ;D Had really not expected to be among the winners, but it indeed feels good to know that people enjoy what I wrote.
  7. R

This is what Hellebore looks like

Hmm pretty close to the in game flower in your inventory - yet even more beautiful in real :) in game it looked more like bad weed my former class mate wouldn't even roll for a smoke :D
  8. R

Favorite book?

Authors I have read books from - ( I am sure I missed some author names... and the queue of the list has no meaning how dear I hold an author)J. V. Jones, G. R. R. Martin, Susan Dexter, Lois McMaster Bujold, David Eddings, R. Zelazny, R. Jordan, Le Guin, Maggie Furey, Anne McCaffrey, Marion...
  9. R

The Music in Witcher

Thank you! 8) *runs off to feed it into her media-monkey playlist*
  10. R

PC vs. Consoles

Well in the end it will look like this - where the biggest money can be made - there the games will wander off to in the end... That will be consoles, simply because they are cheaper and easier to control by parents who refuse to buy their kids expensive and for them too complicated to handle...
  11. R

Moral choices in The Witcher

I was truly torn between helping the elves and the humans in the beginning - but having sided with Siegfried it made me regret my choice bitterly in the end.Not that it really changes much for the elves, but having sided with them in my second run was more satisfactory... the utmost satisfaction...
  12. R

The Music in Witcher

Is the music file from the credits too in the ogg ?I have the limited edition, but the piece from the credits isn't among the tracks I have on the soundtrack CD
  13. R

Pet You Love To Have!

Hmmm the only really useful pet I could imagine for him would be a horse, like Roach :D But really. If Geralt wants a faithful pet he simply needs to visit some lake or river at night. Some homeless drowner probably will adopt him instantly ;DThey take care of themselves, test Geralt's combat...
  14. R

Were can I get a replica Witcher Silver Sword?

They claimed that these swords are the real thing - this makes me believe they are suited for combat.Keep in mind, even if a sword is meant for combat it always will get scrapes, notches and dents and get malformed at some point.The quality of metal determines how fast and how harsh the damage...
  15. R

What games do you all play most FPS or RPG and whats your fav 5 games for pc ?

1.Fallout2.Baldur's Gate II & AddOn3. Arcanum4. Ultima Series (from R. G.)5. The WitcherI love them all equally - so the queue has no meaning of what I like more or less. There are many more I hold dear and fondly remember, but since there were only 5 games asked for, I picked those who came to...
  16. R

Fan Fiction Contest finished

Me, too :D friends bug me for the story and I told them to wait until it's decided who gets his/her story published here.
  17. R

Thank you for sharing the link!He really has beautiful blades *swoon* and I think I know for what I will save my money this year :D
  18. R

cheats

Please consider that not all use cheats to pimp their characters. There are cheats that surely do that and only have this purpose - but not everyone who asks for cheats wants to buff up his characters or make the game easier.Such options or commando lines are most of the time embedded in a cheat...
  19. R

Your favourite ingame movies/cutscenes [spoilers]

Because I knew who the Grandmaster truly was, and it made me sad to kill him with the monster-sword :-/ he also was too easy to kill.
  20. R

Best bet would be to wait until we get the Modding Tool, so we perhaps can take a closer look at the swords from all sides and make screenshots.But as I found out a couple of weeks ago, when I asked if the 3D format of maya unlimited will be compatible with the 3D formats of TW, you need...
Top Bottom