Search results

+
  1. U

Minimum system requirement issues

IMO, you made a poor choice of Firewall software.
  2. U

Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

The 9200 and most 9300s are onboard video chips. Far better than those ever were before, save not as good as AMD's current best IGP, that doesn't mean anything in the context of 3D animated games such as The Witcher. The official minimums are still based on real video cards, and the actual 9300...
  3. U

[SOLVED] Error during EE installation from DVD

CRCs are about DIRT. Your optical drive is dirty, or you have already dirtied your disk. That sort of stuff.
  4. U

Help

Attach the PC Wizard Report to your message as per this procedure: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum
  5. U

Minimum system requirement issues

Refer to the official system requirements, and upgrade whatever is below the recommended level.Pretty simple.
  6. U

Problem

Refer to the appropriate PINNED thread about attaching the PC Wizard reportr, and don't expect any direct eMail. The answers, if any, appear here in this forum, and anyone displaying an eMail address in a public forum is ASKING for a flood of SPAM.
  7. U

Slight problem with performance on new computer

AFAIK, those are "Beta" level, which means not well tested, and therefore not recommended for most people, so go back to an older driver to find out whether it's the driver's fault (probably is).
  8. U

You never did name your own video card here, and everyone accepted your statement above without question, so *IF* you made a correct choice of video card, THEN, yes, that single core CPU chip is quite similar in efficiency to the AMD A64 K8s at similar core speeds for similar cache sizes...
  9. U

Lag

SR Labs is a waste of time. Their geeks aren't HARWARE geeks at all, so they are wrong far too often, including now. There is no onboard chip as a substitute for real video that will not run very slowly. That's all you get from a $5 chip! When you have a real video card, the game should run...
  10. U

Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

That means one of three things. First, easiest, and most common, it's a dirty disk, or is already badly scratched (or may have been defective when produced, although that's rare). Second, and only relatively common, the lens inside the drive is dirty. Third, the least common source, is a drive...
  11. U

If it's an 8600M GT, then true enough, laptops are not upgradeable for video as a general rule. But you named it as a straight desktop card, and you are using a 22" display (no such for a laptop), so you are most likely wrong when you claim you can't upgrade. .
  12. U

The 8600 GT is *NOT* a High Quality video card intended for large displays such as yours. Either get a better video card, or run a coarser resolution. Real simple.
  13. U

Unplayable lag?

If that is a laptop, you can't get rid of the tinker toy (well, that's an exaggeration, sorry for that) of a video card that you bought. If it's a desktop, go buy something useful (nothing less capable than "600" as its last three numbers), and it must be based on either an AMD or nVIDIA chip...
  14. U

Corrupted graphics on ATI cards

That isn't English. Find someone who understands the English language to write down for you what you think you want to say, then come back and type in what he/she tells you, and attach the diagnostics report.
  15. U

Linux and open source

Thanks. I went ahead and sent a "get well soon" PM while I was at it.
  16. U

Linux and open source

We are in the Off-Topic Forum here and I see that Mobidoy started this thread. He has had some health problems and I was worrying about him; not having seen his replies in any forums here for maybe a month or even more now? Is he going to get better and be back?
  17. U

Vista - Crashing problem

Many games, including those using the game engine for The Witcher, do not co-exist with various interruptive functions, including intrusive AV products, such as Nortons, almost all PM programs, especially Xfire, and several other products. The way to eliminate these is to run the game from a...
  18. U

Corrupted graphics on ATI cards

Excuse me, but that reply doesn't seem to make sense, and there is no copy of the PC Wizard's report attached. You want to clarify that nothing in/on the linked Wiki page helped, and then run that Wizard now?
  19. U

Vista - Crashing problem

Go there, read what it says, and if that's not already answering you enough, follow through on the Wizard report attachment. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum
  20. U

How do i bypass the Warning! System requirements not met problem..

Let's see exactly HOW far below the requirements you sit first, shall we? Summarize your hardware, please.Just use the requirements as a guide: The Witcher Minimum requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Pentium...
Top Bottom