Search results

+
  1. C

Collector's Edition in Canada?

That's about the size of it. I've been looking everywhere and no luck. I talked to a guy that's ordering it through amazon.com and he said the shipping fees are around $35, taking the total to about $165.00 US. I can't stomach paying that much for shipping. I got the import version of the...
  2. C

Supporting Cdprojectred

The proceeds from the GOG version go 100% to CDPR/GOG. While I've taken them to task over the DRM on the retail version, I do appreciate the fact they've provided a DRM free digital version through GOG and I think they need to be supported for this. That's the reason I've bought the GOG version.
  3. C

why can't i preload from gog?

Some have, some haven't. I didn't. Apparently there was a glitch in the e-mails, so they're resending them all tomorrow.
  4. C

why can't i preload from gog?

Must be a glitch on your end or perhaps your country? I'm DLing it now, as are many others.
  5. C

Question about DRM & activating from different pc

Judging from the info we have right now, the answer would be 'no'. However, that's a good question. Perhaps toss it into the 'ask the devs' thread: Here.
  6. C

Ask the Dev Team about TW2

In order to access your game shelf on GOG, you have to sign into GOG with your account. It doesn't matter what IP address you're at, as long as you're signed into your account, you can DL the game.On a side note, as Aver said, it's against the terms of use to 'lend' the game to your friend. He...
  7. C

Please answer quickly...

SecuROM is developed/administered/run by SonyDADC, a completely different division of Sony. The recent issues with Sony's servers should have no effect on the activation of the game. (Whether the SonyDADC servers will be able to handle the big slam of traffic on release day is another question).
  8. C

So much for every one having the exact same game...

Has nothing to do with retail stores and everything to do with Australian law. The GOG digital version WILL be censored for Australian customers as well.source.
  9. C

CD Projekt RED's CEO speaks about DRM

Why is this so hard to understand? Take a look at the very first post in this thread. I'll even put it up here again: Tell me how this DRM with it's on-line activation, it's requirement to DL a file in order to complete the install of the game, its limit on how many computers you can install it...
  10. C

There is none. The removal of the DRM in the future is purely speculation. While I have no doubt CDPR will try to have it removed asap, there have been no promises that it will be removed at all. This point has been brought up a few times, but not been addressed as far as I'm aware.
  11. C

TW2 GOG version

12. C

And some people have had genuine problems with it. Myself, I've had a couple issues with SecuROM protection before. Now, I realize the current version is different than the ones that gave me issues, and I'm fully aware that this version may well be hassle free. In fact, it likely will for the...
  13. C

Many of us are buying the GOG version as opposed to retail. I don't know how much of the thread you've read, but I don't think anyone said they thought the retail version would be DRM-free. I know I didn't expect that. But I didn't expect much worse than a basic disc check either. It's what they...
  14. C

Make of it what you will:To answer the questions asked about patching:GOG provides you guys with the game DRM-free. Like pretty much all of our games, we provide you guys with the most recent patched version available at release. The Witcher 2 is an unusual case, of course, since it's a new...
  15. C

Dilema regarding DRM, questions regarding GoG copies of TW2

What, exactly, does that have to do with anything in my post? I was asking what self-justifying excuses you were talking about and wondering why you seem to think anyone that complains about the DRM is by default a pirate.
  16. C

Dilema regarding DRM, questions regarding GoG copies of TW2

Self justifying excuses for what? If you think everyone that complains about DRM is a pirate, I don't think you've been reading many of the complaints. Some of us have had bad experiences with DRM and don't want to go through those experiences again. Once bitten, and all that.But gods forbid if...
  17. C

Oh please, the 'not everything is about you' response? Really? I never said it was about me. Your post basically trivialized and belittled the concerns of an entire group of people in this thread that are upset and concerned about the DRM in the retail version.Anyway, I've said my piece on this...
  18. C

Classy. I guess that pretty much says it all.
  19. C

Of course you do. I'm not disputing that in the least. However, as a mod, the opinion should be expressed in a way that doesn't belittle people that hold a differing one.
  20. C

I've seen a number of people tell those of us with concerns to stop whining. And that's fine; they're just someone that's voicing their opinion and they don't represent CDPR or the Witcher forum admins. But I wouldn't have expected something like this from a forum moderator. Your post is little...
Top Bottom