Search results

+
  1. E

The Witcher Enhanced Edition release date

Wonderful news :)
  2. E

The Last Wish, only one question

Iola had a sudden vision of Geralt´s future (or past, possibly).Never heard of Orcs, who is the author?
  3. E

An old friend

I think Yurga is dead, too, unfortunately, killed by the people who were looking for Ciri.I think the best thing to do would be to create your own original character - there´s a LOT of uncharted space in Geralt´s history, so it wouldn´t be a problem.
  4. E

Yeah, I also wonder why cats dislike the witchers ... I don´t think it has anything to do with the soul, because as you said, the witchers we know seem perfectly - erm, soulful? ;) It might be caused by the aura, the magical vibrations, they emanate (as pointed out by Triss), and/or the...
  5. E

[wip] REDFlame Presents "Deception"

Yep, take all the time you need, from what I´ve seen so far, Deception has the promise of very enjoyable three hours for me :)And I think Roach has always been a she.
  6. E

No, Geralt´s last wish will forever remain known only to Yennefer and himself (and the Djinni of course) ... I like it that way, not everything has to be set in stone for the reader, does it? Btw, if you want to have a never-ending discussion with the Witcher fans, this is one of such topics ;)
  7. E

The Witcher Enhanced Edition rescheduled

No, there won´t be a Czech enhanced edition. Look here http://thewitcher.cz/index.php?action=news&id=232 The Czech dubbing is generally very good (although I actively dislike Geralt´s voice, but I think that, from an objective standpoint, ... it´s acceptable) and the dialogues were not cut down...
  8. E

Wow, I´m in awe :) That´s a whole lot of stuff coming from RedFlame! Keep up the good work and THANKS :)
  9. E

Wonderful! I can´t wait! So is this a part of the Strands of Destiny?Btw, how about a Czech localisation? Maybe I can help?
  10. E

Help with chronology

Yes, I think there definitely is a week of time for Geralt to spend on his own which can be fit between The Battle of Brenna (which happens imho around the same time as the big climax of the saga(when Geralt finally accomplishes what he was aiming for during the three previous books)) and...
  11. E

[mod] What a Man Needs

Oh my, I love this thread. The inevitable conflict between the open- and narrowmindedness, the self-righteous homophobia and the naive idealism that you will eventually make everybody see the light ... all absurdised by the anonymity of all those involved ... vivat le cyberspace!You know, the...
  12. E

The Last Wish - favorite short story?

You are forgetting this is medieval music (poetry) we are talking about here ... there were different standards and no electronics (like microphone, synthetisor etc.) then.So give Dandelion a break, he´s one of my favorite characters ;) (OK, I admit, his singing at Shani´s party is kind of...
  13. E

God's Warriors

Ditto. The storyline is quite repetitive and predictable, but it´s still a fairly good read. A major factor of enjoyment for me was seeing all the familiar people and places from the Czech history, and unlike many other people, I liked reading all the Latin phrases (I took Latin at school, and...
  14. E

I read "The Last Wish" today, and I have questions -- Spoilers

OK, thanks for taking the time to explain, it all makes sense to me now ;)
  15. E

Oh OK, so he does like his characters? I´m glad to hear that, now I can sleep calmly at night. I imagined he had similar feelings for some of his characters as Arthur Conan Doyle had for Sherlock Holmes towards the end. No really, I misinterpreted what he had said, although I don´t see why he...
  16. E

The Last Wish - favorite short story?

I picked "The Edge of the World" because of the pure hilarity of the first half (the description witchers in that ancient book (and Dandelion says something like "I think it fits perfectly", the absurd chase of that devil-like creature (when Geralt is glad nobody can see him like that :D) which...
  17. E

Thanks for mentioning this! Once upon a time, I read BATTLE DUST in some anthology of Polish sci-fi stories and wondered what in the world this was about ;) Well it´s nice to be appreciated ... at last. Anyway this is what I like about Sapkowski, that he didn´t really care about his world as...
  18. E

Community interview with Andrzej Sapkowski

Well the most obvious question would be whether he likes the game ;D
  19. E

Shani

Actually, according to the book, she is in her early 20's. She was 17 when Geralt first met her in the saga. At that time, she was in the second year of her medical training. The battle of Brenna took place about a year later and the story of the game is set cca 5 years after that. I was also...
  20. E

Confused about the game (spoilers, don't read if you don't want spoilers)

Well yeah, that´s it, Alvin was entranced by Ithlinne´s prophecy, realized he, with his supernatural abilities, was the chosen one to save the mankind and set out on a glorious missin for the greater good. Or maybe :o he was just being manipulated all the time by somebody else (like all the...
Top Bottom