Search results

+
  1. V

Fanfiction contest results!

This summed up my initial reaction entirely! Grats to Corvinius and Rhian especially :beer:Glad you liked Hunger, Rhian. You did an excellent job with Chaining A Hawk!I went on a must-read-everything spree after I realised the results were out and I have to admit: the standard of everything now...
  2. V

[GENERAL] Dicepoker, Drinking, Fistfighting

Hmm... well, everyone who says that if you lose then you can win more is perfectly correct. However, you're basically winning back the money you lost the first time(s). So your overall profit (assuming you play until your opponent has no money left) will be that same, the only difference is the...
  3. V

[GENERAL] Dicepoker, Drinking, Fistfighting

I'm only in the dice playing for the quest and for the money. So i cheat outrageously: I save beforehand, bet to the maximum, and reload if I end up losing. ;DMost of the time I don't need to reload... so I think it's just you, Mad. :dead:
  4. V

I missed the Igni sign

I'm pretty sure you can still get the sign. I'd also recommend doing so, it's one of the more useful ones!Take a look around the sewers. Particularly and crypts etc that lead off them, as some of these have Sign rune stone things in them.
  5. V

[ACT I] the beast help

Sorry Keef, I don't understand quite what you are stuck on. I presume it's the Beast if you've posted in this thread... but if you can be a bit more specific then we can help you better. :beer:
  6. V

First impressions

1) As others have said, there's as much daylight in the game as not. The reason many screens are taken at night is that monsters only come out at night in certain parts of the game... and killing monsters makes for good screenshots! ;DSeriously though, my personal favourite is being outside -...
  7. V

Where are you from ?

Seems I'm one of the few from the UK. ;)Good to see that this game has such an international following! :beer:
  8. V

[PROLOGUE] I've a problem to meditate in cave at tutorial

Well from the screens you're right, there's no fire there to meditate by...(1) Have you talked to Vesemir? Does he give you a rest/meditate dialogue option? (Should be a blue icon with geralt's face on it) If so, click on that to meditate.(2) Alternatively, go back upstairs to the main 'living...
  9. V

[IMPORTANT] RED asks the community

Favourite cutsceneThe intro cinematic, definitely. The introduction to Chapter 1 was pretty well done too.Oh, and a special mention for Vesna at the Mill. ;)Favourite characterZoltanFavourite quote"I'm going to be a bar wench when I grow up!"Favourite questThe Sentry.Favourite monsterThe...
  10. V

New awards for The Witcher

A minor point of clarification for anyone interested: Peazo's save game comment is with regards to the incompatibility of saves from the demo with that of the actual game.Congratulations on the awards, you guys seem to be collecting quite a few of them!And imho you deserve 'em all, too. ;)
  11. V

Game Freezes at Millers gate ( using a DEMO savegame )

As far as I understand (I've never played the demo, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong), the demo includes the prelude and some of Chapter 1.In the full retail version, there are several other quests (in Chapter 1?) that link in with parts of the chpater, or link through to the following...
  12. V

Please help wth frequent game crashes.

Have you checked the threads stickied at the top of this subforum? They list some of the more common fixes that have been discovered. ;)
  13. V

Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

From books. Herbalism guides or ones with plants in the title etc will teach you about the herbs you can gather. Books can be bought from various NPCs or found all over the place. ;)
  14. V

[ACT II] Tip for Coccacidium and Wyverns (spoilers)

It's a monster which is created at the scene of a particularly horrible crime if I remember correctly. It is sensitive to silver, so I used silver. Haven't tried with steel, although the echinopsae in act ! did die (eventually) to it.
  15. V

[ACT I] of monsters and men

It's white myrtle petals or something isn't it?Firstly, you need to read a book that gives you the ability to harvest them (Talk to the guy outside the inn I think). Secondly, there's an ability in the Intelligence line on the hero panel called Herbalism or something that you will need.Once you...
  16. V

Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

I don't know if this counts or not, but I'll mention it anyway.Carmen, with her... um... 'colourful' social status and her red dress remind me rather a lot of the main character in a certain opera...I might be wildly wrong of course!
  17. V

[ACT I] help with the cave

Are you in the cave in at the south end of the map? You've found the fire... one with a cauldron/pot on it?If so, you're in the wrong cave! ;)There's another cave near the city entrance. Go through the outskirts past the church and ovr the bridge to where the guards guard one of the gates...
  18. V

[ACT II] Tip for Coccacidium and Wyverns (spoilers)

I also repeated ran/died on account of Coccadicium at first. Then I tried using strong style attacks instead of fast, and things became rather easier a lot faster! ::)I never thought of getting allies to help though... (but i did manage to get most of them killed before they reached the Order!)
  19. V

Fan Fiction Contest finished

Heh, I never knew that polish entries were allowed. But then I don't speak polish and don't visit the polish forums. Does this mean there will be a Best Polish and a Best English entry i wonder?Anyways, good luck everyone and I look forward to reading your submissions when they are published! :P
  20. V

The Witcher Fan Fiction Contest

'Show Mine' is working for me, so check to see if you can submit it again. As far as I know the deadline is today, so there's still time to submit.Rhian: if I were you I'd view your submission and check. I had the first third of mine get a wierd glitch where all formatting / paragraph breaks...
Top Bottom