Search results

+
  1. R

Geralt English Voice Actor?

Yeah, and it makes for an interesting change. I rather liked that Triss was in her thirties and had a voice to match. It was interesting and different, and it contrasted well with Shani, who was clearly younger.Now Triss is young and pouty, almost girlish. Perhaps it's more like that in the...
  2. R

Pre-order bonuses: Not cool

Of course it's not cool.And this is why I haven't pre-ordered. CDPR very well could release W2 as an eight-hour-long game, with a mountain of DLC shit they hope to turn into piles of cash, and just waiting to be released once the box is officially out. If they've got this kind of stuff for...
  3. R

Languages

I want to know the answer to this, too, as someone elsewhere indicated that they didn't think we'd have the option to use, say, Polish voices with English subtitles this time around.
  4. R

Game length?

This is why I haven't pre-ordered. I anxiously await W2 (six months away!) but CDPR looking as if they are trying their hardest to play with the big boys and Gaming Business Model 2.0 gives me pause.Add that to the touted multiple story paths integrated into the game-- they haven't mouthed the...
  5. R

Geralt English Voice Actor?

Geralt English Voice Actor? So, I've been away a bit.Is Doug Cockle doing it? Or is it different now?
  6. R

If this game has DLC, pre-order bonuses or "exclusive content" I will not buy it

Well, OP, get used to it because it's only going to get worse, and it will never get better.Seeing as how CDPR started mouthing the typical PR-speak and trying to make console titles not too long ago, we should be thankful for the economic downturn, since it stopped that in its tracks. I'd guess...
  7. R

The Witcher 2 to use "'always online DRM"?

That's why it's a non-issue. It can come will all the DRM under the sun if it wants to. And while I'll buy the game, I won't be playing a version that has any of that garbage on it.
  8. R

Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

That is Mr. Action Hero Man, not that interesting.That's better, definitley closer to the original Geralt-- older and lupine and a little creepy. I can live with this Geralt.I'd say he could even look a little more puffy than that (and maybe even a jot younger) and he'd be even closer to the...
  9. R

Game length?

This is what Bioware wants us to think. Replayability has little to do with story-- we genuinely want to replay games because the guts of the game allow for different modes of play, and therefore we want to experience it all over again. 'The notion of 'replayabilty' as a feature, as a kind of...
  10. R

The Witcher 2 wishlist

I agree with that 100%.1. Make it easy to use the Polish voice acting with whatever subtitle language you'd like-- as in, check a box named "Use Polish Voice Acting with English Subtitles" easy. Put it in 'advanced' options or something so it doesn't look pretentious. All the cool kids will be...
  11. R

Witcher 2 = Arcade "RPG"?

I just watched the E3 demo and then the publisher pitch video leaked awhile back.I'm glad that CDPR is still improving their product:W2 is more open-world; no more ridiculous loadingArmor/weapons have increased in number of equippable pieces as well as total numberW2 (at least according to the...
  12. R

The Witcher 2 to use "'always online DRM"?

In other news, developers have yet to accept that all DRM gets cracked and therefore only hurts the people who actually pay for the game.
  13. R

More weapons / armor in Witcher 2

I definitely liked the lesser emphasis on weapons, specifically upgrades and total amount of sword loot, although crafting was sort of a letdown, because it was so limited.As for the weapons besides the swords-- I dunno. I guess they were never fully realized, and they weren't meant to be. I...
  14. R

Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

The old Geralt is better.CDPR, it looks like someone in marketing decided that gamers wanted a more generic, younger action hero.Don't listen to them. Make him older,wiser, and a little girzzled-- like the real Geralt, like the first concept art image in the first post. If you don't, and you go...
  15. R

The Hunt starts … NOW!

You do realize that what makes Witcher great is the grown-up story, right? And the only reason that it was possible was because CDProjekt didn't worry about how many console kids bought their games? And becuase they built a fanbase of old-school PC RPGrs?Now they are cross-platform money-mongers...
  16. R

The Hunt starts … NOW!

Game over. A loyal old-school PC fanbase just got hornswoggled into facilitating the birth of a console developer.Let's hope against hope that the Witcher expansion is already close to completion so we at least get two decent games out of them before the T for Teen sh!tstorm begins.
  17. R

The Hunt starts … NOW!

CDProjekt official TOD: 12:40PM 11/28/08 No, there's a picture of an XboX resting on a big pile of cash behind it.
  18. R

The Hunt starts … NOW!

I hope it's called what the is called.That name is great old school high-fantasy wonk, and I would totally buy it. ;D
  19. R

The Hunt starts … NOW!

Ok.Neat, but not sure I learned anything. :-XIs there more on the way?
  20. R

[EPILOGUE] just finished...what the hell?

GM is Alvin. Yep.When he teleports away, he time-travels into the past. He lives out another life and becomes the Grand Master, because he wants to try to stop from happening what he sees in his visions.Its a great ending, one of the best ever in a videogame.
Top Bottom