Search results

+
  1. U

Jerusalem Post considers The Witcher "immoral"

Exactly. The game is FOR ADULTS, just to stress that once more. Some people don't seem to be able to grasp that the word "game" doesn't imply something is necessarily suitable for children.
  2. U

CDPR interview about "Good Old Games" at gamesindustry.biz

Sorry, Petra, I didn't know where it was supposed to go, as the news section is subtitled "news about the game". Thanks for moving it!
  3. U

CDPR interview about "Good Old Games" at gamesindustry.biz

CDPR interview about "Good Old Games" at gamesindustry.biz "We attract people to buy the original games instead of pirating them and that's the most efficient way of fighting piracy".http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/old-s-cool
  4. U

Female fans: games degrading?

So, if the curves of the women in the game weren't as voluptuous, it would be ok to portray them as idiots? The men in "Sex and the City" are usually quite goodlooking AND are portrayed as gullible idiots. You see where the relation with perception comes in.
  5. U

Add Copy Protection

Why? The game sold quite well. They are deploying to consoles because it is cheaper to develop for them. I have been playing games since the Atari 2600 and the C64. The amount of piracy that went on with the C64 was a magnitude bigger than what is happening now on the PC, given the overall...
  6. U

I will rephrase my question: Geralt never acts as manipulative to the women he sleeps with as the (female) protagonists in "Sex and the City" are toward men. Yet a game like "The Witcher" is again and again criticized for the way it depicts women, while aforementioned TV show is not criticized...
  7. U

I wonder why this comes up again and again. In "Sex and the City" men are depicted as idiots who are manipulated by strong and sexually aggressive women. Yet no one seems to mind. Why?
  8. U

[! The Witcher Gadgets - your opinion !]

Sigh, I thought I check back here a couple of weeks later and be greeted with the news that the medallion will be available soon...Come on, CDPR, you know you want to do that medallion :)
  9. U

[! The Witcher Gadgets - your opinion !]

I have been wanting to get my hands on that Medallion ever since I played the game. But please, if you are going to offer one for sale, don't make it flat, but rather like the one that was available in Poland. It would look much more like Geralt's.
  10. U

LARA Der Deutsche Games Award 2008 awarded - The Witcher is the winner!

Just saw to this topic and yet again have to say "congratulations!" to another award.It really, really cheers me up to see that a small studio that had the courage to do an unusual and original game has this much success!
  11. U

Rpgs

If you haven't already, play "Planescape: Torment", the original "Deus Ex" and "System Shock 2". For a more recent game you might want to have a look at "Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl".Personally I look forward to Mafia 2 and really, really hope it delivers.
  12. U

I read "The Last Wish" today, and I have questions -- Spoilers

She has a strong erotic aura and is a woman hard to conquer. Your idea of a "longterm relationship" and Geralt's might differ.
  13. U

Are all books translated?

What I don't quite get is that publishers don't realize what an impact the game had - people want to read the books now, not one after another in six months, twelve, eighteen etc. months. Why don't they capture that audience now and instead wait until the enthusiasm has somewhat subsided?
  14. U

Vote for The Witcher also on IGN!

If I'd want to show him more love, I'd have to marry him.
  15. U

The Witcher awarded once again!

Isn't it a great that a game that basically came out of nowhere is this great and gets the proper recognition?Congratulations, CDPR!
  16. U

The Witcher contest at GameBanshee!

Being in Europe I can't take part in the contest, so I just say here why "The Witcher" stands out: Where other games are made as easy and accessible for everyone as possible, "The Witcher" stays true to its concept. It has, I dare to say, a personality with edges and therefore stands out these...
  17. U

The Witcher and Racism...

You are not by any chance -very- closely related to the kid banned in this,http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=8145.0thread? :P
  18. U

Why is Geralt so HORNY???

On the other hand he also won't RECEIVE anything, given that the females' view on hygiene might not be better.
  19. U

The Witcher and Racism...

Actually you are. The Scoia'tel are racists as well. If they had the upperhand, they wouldn't treat humans kindly. In case you don't get the analogy: People are not nice just because they belong to a minority.
Top Bottom