Search results

+
  1. U

Game difficulty - what do YOU think?

Game Widow. Can I ask for some advice? I am in the same opinion as you, but I can't see how to adjust the difficulty setting except when starting a new game. How do you change it when you are into a game. It's probably something easy that I just don't see. I hope I'm not that dubm.
  2. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

Whew. After nearly 3 weeks a reply. Thank you Game Widow. You have rescued me more than once, but the other times were for game advise. I remember you telling me once, some many months ago that you had played the game about 20 times. I wonder how many times you will rack up eventually. I only...
  3. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

I think that with the Witcher there is a quality to the game design that brings you into the game better than most. With the art design, soundtrack, character development, and such you are simply allowing the imaganiation of the game designers to enhance your own. You enjoy the quality of this...
  4. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

Good question and I don't mean to speak for Ubasti, but I think that what we were speaking of is not so much what we might think of as horror as adults, but more that something in the game reminded us of things that we found scary in our youth. For me, more when I was a child. It is difficult to...
  5. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

It seems we have similar game tastes and for similar reasons. I think I got more pure enjoyment from the Witcher than any game I've played. When I finished playing it, the next game for me was Mass Effect. I would highly recommend it to you. It is a sci-fi setting with galactic conflict, but it...
  6. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

Your childhood schoolbook sounds like a vampire story. Here, in the United States, I could not imagine our schools letting us read anything scary. We were so sheltered in our schools. Everything had to be so wonderful and pleasant. You know, bunnies, petting dogs, and ice cream. However, I did...
  7. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

Thought you might be interested in something I posted nearly a year ago regarding how the Witcher awoken some childhood memories.
  8. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

I envy you. I wish I could play the game over for the first time. You have much to look forward to and it would be nice to hear you thoughts on various moments as you progress. Or just you thoughts.
  9. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

It sure is quiet around here. I'm not really what I'd call a veteran of this site, but I did enjoy visiting from time to time when I was playing the Witcher. I actually played this game for a year. That's a single play through. I did finish other games during that time, but faithfully played at...
  10. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

I think it's just one of the many signs of ... um ... what was the question? Anyway. Glad you stumbled your way back. How are your roses doing?
  11. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

It was while trying to get Dandelion to the rasberry patch that I had my moonrise moment. I don't know if you had trouble getting him there like I did, but it took me several days (game time) to figure out how to get him to show up. During that time, since I had killed everything I could find, I...
  12. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

You know. Other than the Witcher gaming progress that leads to exploring crypts, finding items, talking to people, and of course killing other beings both human and non, there sometimes are subtle moments in this game that make me appreciate it so much. And, makes me wonder if it was intentional...
  13. U

Would Geralt want to live in *our* world ?

I agree. I think that the Geralt I know and admire would be very sad very soon in our world. If he was born into our world, his natural genetic advantages would be smothered. As a child, he likely would not fit in as a mutant and because of his raw instinct, parents would not let their kids play...
  14. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

I actually make my living in the environmental protection field and have become very concerned that mankind would never become enlightened environmentally in my lifetime and that earth had no legacy. With this new perspective and creativity I now know that there is hope and I can breath a whiff...
  15. U

[Act IV] Tough-guy wraiths in "King of the Wild Hunt"

That's a big help. Thank you both very much.
  16. U

[Act IV] Tough-guy wraiths in "King of the Wild Hunt"

Please, Game Widow. I'm having trouble here as well. When you say keep adding mandrake root to the druids lantern, just how does that go? I have 5 mandrake roots, but what sequence or process am I supposed to follow here?
  17. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

I'm really sorry. That last post was meant for CND Lion Hearted. I'm stil figuring this place out.
  18. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

Since you just got out of your diapers, you must know all of the best brands. I know they've come a long way since I used them last. They were all cotten in my day. Can you really just sit at the computer and piss in them and keep playing? And, does your gaming chair need to be vinyl ratther...
  19. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

[Anyway, you and I seem to be kindred spirits when it comes to gaming. Yeah, it seems so. With being in my little singlplayer world, it's good to know others share your perspective. Have you given any thought to playing Mass Effect? I have it but am only an about an hour into it, so I can't...
  20. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

Funny you should say that. I think that one reason I like the game is because it reminds me of things that scared my as a child. I can remember being of an age where, during the Wizard of Oz, I had to leave the room when the flying monkeys came on. The game also reminds me of scary dreams as a...
Top Bottom