Search results

+
  1. U

You have GOT to be freaking JOKING!

You have GOT to be freaking JOKING! Came back from two weeks away, fired up TW2. It immediately downloaded Patch 3.2 (WHY?) and prompted to apply from the launcher. I applied. Game runs. I play, quit, come back to it the next day. Lookie here, Patch 3.2 is knocking on the door again! Fun...
  2. U

Can't find my serial key

Ah, the damnable serial key. I could not find it either and felt like an utter moron. The retail box (at least the one I have) has 2 CD cases and a paperback game guide. In one of the CD cases, there is an actual User Manual. The other CD case contains a map and papercraft dolls/ The CD key is...
  3. U

Riposte and Dodge in Training Skill Tree

I like riposte. Arrow redirection is fun, but I haven't found myself shot at enough times for it to be super-worthwhile.
  4. U

FPS drops while using a HD 7950!!! Help!!!

Grhm. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I'm guessing. Or perhaps just a dash of trololo. (And yes, I'm the same old Damar. I even still have my olde Cervantes avatar).
  5. U

FPS drops while using a HD 7950!!! Help!!!

Your rig is about equal to mine, and I'm able to run TW2 on Ultra with (almost) no problems, Ubersampling on, I'm getting consistent 60 FPS or thereabouts. I have my card OCd to 975 Mhz core and 1275 Mhz memory, +20% power. HOWEVER, I have to manually set the fan to 65-70% speed, otherwise...
  6. U

CDProjektRed please buy the rights to Kingdoms Of Amalur

KoA was awful. Curt Shilling should've just stuck to baseball and then quietly faded into the background. Then again his idea of an RPG was: OBLIVION + GOD OF WAR = PROFIT!!!! (his words, not mine, slightly paraphrased). Nothing against God of War, but if you think that Oblivion was a good...
  7. U

TW1 impact on TW2

The most significant thing I saw as a carryover so far was the mention of Adda in the prologue. I let her live in TW1. And the gear of course. I like the gear.
  8. U

Why I refuse to play games like TW2 more than once

Replaying TW2 is like re-reading a good book, and finding an alternative ending. Totally worth it. I tend to cheat a bit second time around so I don't have to obsess over small stuff like maxing EXP gain and such. Then again, EXP gain is often tied to juicy story bits.
  9. U

steal without punishment?

My thoughts exactly. I figure nobody has the stones to say "Hey, put THAT down" to Geralt. He's not exactly a nobody. And everyone who can read probably read the Monstrum.
  10. U

Way of the Angel / Road to Hell (MONDO spoilers, go away if you don't want any)

Oh yes, go neutral for the swamp fight. No monsters - Not your battle.
  11. U

[GENERAL] Finishing Moves

There's also another version of hilt bash Geralt does vs. some knocked-down creatures like kikimore and wraith. He grabs the sword by the blade and then bashes the creature on the ground with the hilt. Doesn't happen vs. humanoids.
  12. U

"That one is for monsters"

"That one is for monsters" Curious: is there any explanation in the books of why witchers carry two swords? I know that the silver sword is a bit lighter than the steel one; and in-game, for some arbitrary reason, it does very little damage to non-monsters. However, how is it...
  13. U

First impressions

Ok - here's a rundown of "how to cope with Witcher controls" (I had the same issues). By the way, respect for "no demo, no buy" policy - if a publisher cannot be arsed to give us a taste of what's to come, they are probably hiding something.Switch to Over the Shoulder mode. Other modes are sheer...
  14. U

Way of the Angel / Road to Hell (MONDO spoilers, go away if you don't want any)

Way of the Angel / Road to Hell (MONDO spoilers, go away if you don't want any) What choices does one need to make to finish the game as an extremely good guy or an extremely bad guy?Post your suggestions here and I'll update the first post.Way of the Angel (do the opposite to go to Hell) 1...
  15. U

[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

Ard'anye is what the Grand Master carries (you don't expect him to wave some rusty pig sticker around, do ya?) You can't get it in-game, the SOB must have a death grip on it in the end :)Sihil should be almost able to keep up with it BTW, seeing as how it ignores opponents' armour...
  16. U

The Witcher signs

I'm honored :)
  17. U

The Witcher signs

Yes, I am the same Damar Stiehl. No more Oblivion for me though :) And thanks for the compliment.
  18. U

The Witcher signs

OVERVIEWThe Signs are five spells that Geralt knows, and despite the fact that they are described as "basic spells", in game terms you can become quite a powerhouse if you learn to properly use and upgrade them. Using Signs, Geralt can wreak a lot more havoc a lot faster than by using the...
  19. U

[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

Koschey actually managed to put a dent into my red bar, mostly because his knockdown went right through the Quen shield.Mutated Rayla managed to blind me twice (Gerrrrallllttttt....), but went down quickly after a couple Ignis.
Top Bottom