Search results

+
  1. G

Why are posts dated 8 days old from current date

Why are posts dated 8 days old from current date I put out a post Sun,10/27, EST, USA. Im looking for any replies. Post regarded being stuck in "To the Temple" in Prologue. Ive been w/TW since its launch in 2007 so not a nube to the game. Last I played, I blew out some rubble w/AARD down in...
  2. G

Are there issues between Witcher EE v1.4 & WINXP SP3 / .Netframework 3.5?

So the two adventues, the EAX patch and blood patch are all in the v.1.5 patch then i guess? In the past, you had only the v.1.45 patch and you needed to download the EAX for audio crackling probs, the Blood Patch for the gory, bloody grafix and if you had Vista, you needed that other numbered...
  3. G

Tommy, thank you! I gotta admit that initially i was intimidated by the Nero MD5 verification process and thought, will this really help? Thanks to your suggestion and using this Nero tool, I was able to find that the download from the site you recommended (an English gaming site) was bad! I...
  4. G

Following up: read the FAQ and as manyy EE install problems as possible prior to another attempted EE install so i felt pretty confident in successfully upgrading to v. 1.45. I admit i didnt verify the integrity of the sums but still can try that, i just wanted to go for it. Prior to downloads...
  5. G

Thanks Tommy, that should help immensely. Im going to make the effort to try again and to verify the download as well as use your link for the downloads. I got my downloads from the Polish site everyone gets directed to written in Polish...did that last time too but had better luck in 2009 i...
  6. G

I did read the thread on how to use one of the good sums to verify the download and that the download was about 370? lg and that some of the servers were downloading a broken patch...im not sure however if that was related to the 1.45 patch or the 1.5 (i thought it was the latter). Why must we...
  7. G

Are there issues between Witcher EE v1.4 & WINXP SP3 / .Netframework 3.5? I have searched FAQ threads and as many posts as possible to resolve this conflict and hope someone has a real exp to help resolve. Updating Witcher w/v1.4 has always been a production as we all know. 1.5 yrs ago i...
  8. G

Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

I found just trying to install a new EE from a blu-ray drive as opposed to reg DVD drive created an error msg installing several games so thats something to think about. Also, sometimes, you just get a corrupted file that has nothing to do w/your optical drive or graphic card or the fact that...
  9. G

Laecon I think Ive confused you...but I appreciate your attempted help. I uninstalled all of my original game's files from 2007 inc the game saves/folder etc. in preparation for a new game install. I made sure they werent in the registry files, the system prog files, etc. I did a defrag and disk...
  10. G

How do you sell items?

You must click on the icon Petra is showing you during dialogue with vendors to buy or sell. Anything you loot like food, books, formula scrolls, roses, gloves, jewelery, scarves, alcohol, food, etc. all can be sold to the related vendor. Think about a vendor who would be selling these things...
  11. G

I purchased The Enhanced Edition dvd and run WIN XP sp3. I was successful in patching it on to original version of the game prior as a download but found I had to download the EAX patch since I had a Creative audio card in order to get it to launch. I got all kinds of error msgs until this patch...
  12. G

Patch 1.5 now available!

Thanks for your reply. That info helps. :)
  13. G

Patch 1.5 now available!

Other than removing censorship (North American version) and adding several new fan created stories and not having to insert your DVD anymore in to your optical drive does v.1.5 do anything else? I purchased an uncensored EE which incs the two new stories Price of Neutrality and I forget the...
  14. G

What's the best way to prep for a fresh install of a new version of the game?

I installed the original version of the Witcher in 2008 on to my PC via DVD and patched that eventually with v.1.45. I decided I was going to purchase the EE Uncensored version of game recently and avoid any patching headaches. I will be uninstalling the old game to prep for newer game. My...
  15. G

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will incorporate your advice when I uninstall the old version of game. I will also post in Tech area to get any further info. :wave:
  16. G

What's the best way to prep for a fresh install of a new version of the game? I installed the original version of the game in 2008 in to my PC and patched that eventually with v.1.45 I decided I was going to purchase the game again recently and bought the UK Uncensored version 1.5 rather than...
  17. G

Looking to buy a Polish version of The Witcher which was a Collectable version

I had my Polish friend interpret Polish lang on a site which sells and mfgs the Witcher cards and boardgame and she called Poland for me! She found someone who spoke English and he told me that there would be an American version of the cards and game coming out in the next year. Kuznia Gier is...
  18. G

[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

I just completed the game and in last scene. Thanks for your answer. Such a great game...
  19. G

When i tried to update from original to v.1.4 I also got the statement with the server...I found after waiting a few days, the server was available. I dont think its anything on your end, be persistent...
  20. G

Looking to buy a Polish version of The Witcher which was a Collectable version

Thanks Otaku. I guess Kasha will have to help me here. Yes, I did figure all will be in Polish but since it is about owning this nice set, its a small price to pay. I already have the orignal game in English and am also going to be purchasing the Enhanced Edition Directors Cut, Uncensored soon...
Top Bottom