Search results

+
  1. T

The Politics of The Witcher 2. Part 3: The War for the Pontar Valley

Interesting article. Thank you. Also, I recall that in the Witcher 1 one of female bystanders in the Trade Quarter remarked that "the sorceress Philippa Eilhart is in town". When I think about it, it seems likely that she was suspecting where Radovid was and was trying to locate him to cut...
  2. T

What kind of setting would you like to see CDPR tackle?

Slavic pre-Christian age. That would be a blast. Alternatively, some speampunk-victorian setting or hellenistic era. Wouldn't mind also something based on ancient Mesopotamia or Assyria.
  3. T

Are sorcerers born deformed and ugly?

Definitely not all. Sorceresses are often, but not exclusively, daughters from rich and influential families who were born born with some defect that barred them from being useful for arranged marriages. It could be illegitimacy of birth, but it could be as well some sort of physical...
  4. T

How does Nilfgaard threaten Geralt? And how will CDPR let us react to it?

That's deliberate policy of creating terror and panic, common to all wars throughout ages. As ugly it as it looks, it's nothing to be unexpected. But it's definitely not genocidal.
  5. T

How does Nilfgaard threaten Geralt? And how will CDPR let us react to it?

They haven't. There is even much of Cintran nobility left, so they didn't even wiped out Cintra's elites. Nilfgaard is nowhere near the Mongol Empire, and even then the behaviour of its armies is highly variable depending on the level of resistance as well as political considerations. If a...
  6. T

who is the bald man in the trailer?

My bet is that's Dijskra from books. He fits physically and he really has a reason to hate royals.
  7. T

Check which character of The Witcher world you are

#1 is: Yennefer #2 is: Geralt #3 is: Cahir
  8. T

It's Obama!

So, for the first time USA has a biracial President. That's excellent for me. I expected to see this in my life, but not so soon to be honest. Definitely, we see a historic moment.Obama has an enormous burden on his back right now. He must face the hopes and expectations of both Americans and...
  9. T

Sword of Destiny Lines -- SPOILERS

What's more, Polish word for unicorn means roughly "single horned" while rhino means roughly "nose horned". I guess it's possible to confuse these two.
  10. T

2012 - koniec świata?

a 2+2 = 5.... :p
  11. T

2012 - koniec świata?

Dowód negatywny nie jest możliwy. To Ty powinieneś udowodnić że Twój tok rozumowania - będący na bakier z zasadami matematyki - jest słuszny.
  12. T

2012 - koniec świata?

Polecam kurs z matematyki.Tak jeszcze od siebie dodam, że najstarszą znaną "przepowiednię" rychłego końca świata znaleziono na asyryjskich tabliczkach klinowych datowanych na 28 wiek przed naszą erą. Najwyraźniej już wtedy ludzie nie mieli co robić i zajmowali się głupotami.
  13. T

2012 - koniec świata?

Nie. Prawdopodobieństwo trafienia szóstki wynosi 1 do 13 983 816 (jeden do trzynastu milionów dziewięciuset osiemdziesięciu trzech tysięcy osiemset szesnastu).Natomiast prawdopodobieństwo, że świat się skończy bo tak rzekomo wskazuje kalendarz cywilizacji która nie znała nawet koła jest tak...
  14. T

2012 - koniec świata?

Co?To tak jakby mówić, że ma się 50% szans na wygranie szóstki w totka. No bo też albo się wygra albo nie.A co do tematu - ten rzekomy koniec świata w 2012 to oczywista bzdura. Poszukajcie sobie w googlu, ile to już dat końca świata przepowiadano.Ponieważ dalej tu jesteśmy, koniec świata...
  15. T

Polish naming & addressing

Haven't seen anything like that over here. Maybe this link will help you a bit:http://polish.slavic.pitt.edu
  16. T

English is definitely the most popular language in schools today. Second would be German. When I was at high school I had five hours of English each week and two hours of German. Significantly lower number of people learn French.Russian is largely ignored nowadays. That was never a popular...
  17. T

Suffixes -ski and -ska ARE more or less equivalent of German "von", French "de" or Dutch "van". They are adjectives that indicate in many cases place of origin. For example - someone who lived in village named Kuchary was given a surname "Kucharski".
  18. T

Exclusive Fan Art Contest at deviantART

This picture is absolutely fantastic. I am you fan from right now.
  19. T

Are there a lot of swamps in Poland?

I love swamp locations in cRPGs. They bring atmosphere of being abandoned and surrounded. This is perfect for me since I like to such thing while roleplaying. Plus, swamps usually the are most likely place where the ancient evil hangs out ready to be impaled by my character.;)Swamps in “the...
Top Bottom