Search results

+
  1. U

[TW1][adv] Birth, & Virgins

[TW1][adv] Birth, & Virgins If you've been around The Witcher for any length of time you'll have heard of 'Birth, & Virgins'; it's a mod we started working on for the original D'Jinni competition, more than two years ago. We won a number of the interim prizes in that competition. James...
  2. U

''Birth, & Virgins'' version 1.0.1 is launched!

''Birth, & Virgins'' version 1.0.1 is launched! At long last (but in advance of Duke Nukem Forever, our main rival in the vapourware stakes) The Medusa Collective is pleased to announce the first public release of ''Birth, & Virgins''. The mod can be downloaded from here; it is compressed...
  3. U

Is The Witcher Art?

I expressed my opinion that The Witcher is art a long time ago; the more I've worked with it the more convinced I am of it. I think, specifically in the context of film criticism, it bears comparison with Kurosawa.
  4. U

Birth, and Virgins: finally ready to go

Birth, and Virgins: finally ready to go We have (finally!) fixed the Windows Vista bug in 'Birth, and Virgins'. If we'd launched it a year ago, when it should have been finished, it would have been probably the best user mod that had been released; now? I'm not sure - it feels like we're a long...
  5. U

Duke Nukem^W^W Birth & Virgins forever....

Duke Nukem^W^W Birth & Virgins forever.... Those of you with VERY long memories may remember Birth, & Virgins, which was supposed to be one of the first mods for the Witcher, and which, like Duke Nukem Forever, just got later, and later, and later. It's now more than a year late and several...
  6. U

Anyone yet done a comparison between D'Jinni and the Dragon Age toolset?

Anyone yet done a comparison between D'Jinni and the Dragon Age toolset? As subject, really.I've downloaded the Dragon Age toolset but haven't yet had time to play with it - I need to get finished with D'Jinni first. But I'd be interested in anyone else's experience.
  7. U

Dragon Age

I'm now about eight hours of play into Bioware's latest, about where I was in The Witcher when I wrote my first rave review. So what have I to say? What do I think of the show so far? The truth is I'm deeply disappointed. This is very much 'Bioware's latest'. It is Neverwinter Nights with a new...
  8. U

Petition for The Sword of Destiny

That's me in as signature 106.
  9. U

tattoos

for what it's worth, to me it is in a school/tradition/meme of current spiky tattoos, but that seems to be what your friend wants, so that's OK. And within that tradition, it is well drawn with clean lines and will look smart.So I think it's a good design, for the person who commissioned it...
  10. U

[! The Witcher Gadgets - your opinion !]

You get a little wooden cup with The Witcher logo stamped on it. You're supposed also to get five dice, but I didn't :-( However what I'd really like is the folding board shown in the game, with the oval playing area with the painting, and the little indentations to hold your dice.
  11. U

[TW1][adv] Evil Decision

You're going to have the same negative reaction to ours, and there's a reason.Think about the ecosystem within which these monsters exist. For example, the Vizima cemetery. - or either of the swamps - or the sewers - in the main game. You go in there, you encounter lots of monsters. Where is the...
  12. U

Stage 5 of the D'jinni Adventure Editor Contest has begun!

Also, I want to get onto The Next Game.
  13. U

Fan-art

Wow! That's most excellent.
  14. U

How to decompose a compound tag into it's constituent simple tags?

I'm a geek. These things aren't complicated to geeks :)Basically we have the same set up as you have, but I want to be able to resolve Story NPC res refs from tags, hence the lookup-table. If I was designing a game engine (as I'm slightly tempted to do for our next project) it would be much more...
  15. U

If you want to keep an eye on where we're up to, the open bugs list is online here. We haven't yet made a final decision on voice acting - if we do go for voice acting it will delay release by (I'd guess) at least another two months. But all our original music is now complete (there's half an...
  16. U

Sorry, guys! I edited my first post to post the answer, but I'll put it here again, with a fuller explanation of how we're resolving between tags and NPC 'Res Refs' (Resource references, actually filenames).The actual problem I've asked about is solved by FirstSubTag, here:// Identify the first...
  17. U

The Over-40 Hang-out

There's a setting in 'Advanced settings' called 'Depth of Field'. If you turn this on, then the foreground and the background will be blurred, but the character you're talking to should be sharp. If you turn it off, everything should be sharp. Of course, weather effects (including atmospheric...
  18. U

How to decompose a compound tag into it's constituent simple tags? In D'Jinni, things (and particularly character templates) can have compound tags - tags with several elements separated by semicolons. I need a method of decomposing the compound tags into simple tags: For example, where I have...
  19. U

What does your Nick Name mean?

As Karl Marx* put it, you're as old as the woman you feel. Mind you, I've never understood why he limited himself to one.* or was it Groucho?
  20. U

OK, let's be clear about this. CDPR clearly wanted to publish the winning entries on a new 'extras' disk, which would have been nice. However, at least Raven's and our entries contain material that would be rated as 'Adult' in the important US market, so CDPR feel they can't publish them. I'm...
Top Bottom