Search results

+
  1. W

Witcher 3 and copyright rules

It just illustrates the stupidity of the current interpretations of copyright law. It used to be that companies never, ever objected to free advertising--and that's exactly what a You-Tube post of a company's trailer is--free advertising. But today, at least in the US, corporate officers and...
  2. W

HD 7990, problems with ultra settings

Sort of an unusual post as most people's gripe is that the software they are running doesn't push their gpus hard enough...;)/> I'm running a single 2GB 7850 clocked to 1.05GHz core and the game runs like butter with ubersampling & every other effect enabled (like SSAO.) Performance with all...
  3. W

TW2 Performance in game is horrible

You might get a kick out of this, Guy...looked up the Amazon model and opened the specs page and it said "power = battery"...;)/> I think that's what they're calling 300W PSU's today...;)/> I bought the 2-gig 7850 and it overclocks to ~1GHz core ROOB with no voltage hike, so good...
  4. W

GOG Version Crash on Startup - "Changelist: 1 has stopped working"

See if my entry (the last post)in this thread helps: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37319-changelist-1-has-stopped-working-help/
  5. W

Can You Activate Retail Copy on Steam

Steam already allows you to load in shortcuts for your non-steam games into your Steam Library page--and I think you can actually run the games from there if you like just like you can run any Steam game from there. But only Steam-purchased titles will be backed up on Steam, and of course if...
  6. W

Changelist: 1 has stopped working < HELP

When I first tried to run W2 under my 8.1 UEFI installation, I got the same error running the exe from the pre-installed bin directory; however, the message was from my 8.1 Firewall blocking Changelist1 from doing its thing. I reinstalled W2 (like I should have done but had forgotten to do) and...
  7. W

Does the Witcher 2 engine favor AMD cards/drivers?

Listen to Guy...he's right. At the moment AMD offers the best bang-for-the-buck. (I love competition--eventually prices come down for everyone.) The interesting thing about your post for me is the fact that W2 is a nVidia TWIMTBP game, meaning nVidia sponsored a small fraction of the game by...
  8. W

problem to start the game on windows 8.1

Guy has a good suggestion...if you still can't get going, it might be as simple as you needing to reinstall the game after moving to 8.1. I recently did a UEFI install of 8.1 and had forgotten I hadn't reinstalled some software--your post spurred me to fire up W2 and lo and behold the launcher...
  9. W

I'd love some help with a new graphics card

I honestly don't care for the nVidia control panel--it looks too much like some kind of generic WinXP control panel, or something...;)/>/> CCC is form designed around function, imo, and you'll never confuse it with a generic Windows config program. I think that's as it should be. She may not...
  10. W

Quick Question about W2 configuration

Yea, that *is* strange...! Possibly senility is already mucking things up in my case, but that is the way I recall it--and I did use u=1 with much earlier versions of the game--which may or may not have had an impact on the situation. Ok, I've been testing with my current system (as already...
  11. W

Parallels what I've always heard...but will check out the 2 setting and get back.
  12. W

If your interpretation is correct, then W2 will be the first and only game in which my former gpu, a 1GB 5770, had any performance problems running 16xAF...;)/> Just setting it (abbreviating) u=1 dropped the frame rate in half with the 5770, down into the single digits, I'm sure. Looks like...
  13. W

I can only put it like this: all things being equal, with the 1GB 5770 I had to turn ubersampling off because =1 generated a < 10 fps "slide-show" when running the game (all other in-game settings maxed out.) With my 2GB 7850 (clocked to 1.05GHz/6GHz effective ram speed--card will do this ROOB...
  14. W

Quick Question about W2 configuration Running W2 with my newish 2GB 7850 I find that Ubersampling is a snap (whereas with my 1GB 5770 it was a slide show), and the setting in the .ini I'm using is Unbersampling = 1. I've read on certain sites that there is a Ubersampling = 2 setting which...
  15. W

Why isn't PC patch 3.4 posted on the official site?

Just checking in as I hate to leave things dangling...problem is solv-ed, as Clouseau would say! Don't really know how or why, which is a tiny bit aggravating as I like to know these things. I installed the W2 combat mod, turned on ubersampling, turned off fsaa...and, I think, turned vsync on...
  16. W

The Witcher 2 crash to desktop, personal expirience and i solved it.

You might want to think again, although it's good the game is running properly for you! I'm running W1EE with the "new" combat mod which I just installed (I just noticed it)--and the game runs great under my Win8Pro x64 system. Sometimes these things "just happen" for reasons that computer...
  17. W

Witcher 2 crashes when tabbed to desktop and re-opened.

Ok, I'm glad to report that my full-screen problems are gone. I'm not sure what I did to end them in win8x64. But I changed a few of the W2 options from the launcher: 1) Enabled vsync 2) Changed aspect ratio to 16:9 from 16:10 3) Enabled Ubersampling (works great) 4) Disabled in-game FSAA 5)...
  18. W

Witcher 2 crashes when tabbed to desktop and re-opened.

I'm having the exact same problem. I recently upgraded my 3d renderer from a 1 GB 5770 (which did not have this problem with W2) to a 2GB 7850, which does have this problem with the game. The only way to avoid the problem is, as you say, to run the game in windowed mode. BTW, to get rid of...
  19. W

Why isn't PC patch 3.4 posted on the official site?

Thought I'd check in...still no luck figuring out the full-screen problem. Haven't given up yet, though I will be playing in a full-sized window, it looks like. Any other suggestions occur to anyone? For Guy & Tommy...at first I was convinced it was something weird in my system, but I had a...
  20. W

Taskbar does not disappear in fullscreen mode

What you describe is precisely what happens in my Win8Pro x64 system--when I'm playing in a window the same size as my full screen resolution setting. Make sure in the W2 prefs ("options" on the launcher) that "Full screen" is is set to "enabled"--otherwise you boot into windowed mode in the...
Top Bottom