Search results

+
  1. D

Am I the only one who can't play this game with a mouse?

Well, last post for me as my son is coming to pick up the game, and I'll be blowing it off my hard drive. But I have to wonder what the next great leap forward in game input will be. Perhaps a simple telegraph key (replacing the entire keyboard with a single key) where all commands will be...
  2. D

Witcher 1 had 3 different attack modes: against heavy armor, light armor, and groups. It also had steel (for humans) and silver (against monsters). All 6 styles could be quickly and easily selected by the mouse. Ditto for Aard and Igni attacks, plus the other signs I never used. If I...
  3. D

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas allow you to choose a mouse for your primary input device. If you chose this method, forward movement is controlled by the left mouse button. Shooting at enemies is acomplished with the right button. Opening doors, picking up loot, interactions in general, are...
  4. D

I'll rephrase. I am now 65 years old, no longer capable of playing arcade style games. I never was. When Pac Man came out 20 years ago there was no way I could compete with my kids on that game or its scores of competitors. When mouse driven CRPG's emerged (Dungeon Master, the gold box...
  5. D

Dungeon Master: release date 1987 on the Amiga and PC. Real time, isometric or first person CRPG, entirely mouse controlled. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2: released in the mid 90's. Real time, isometric CRPG's, entirely mouse controlled. There is literally no end to this list of games that were...
  6. D

Can you move your character using only your mouse? Turning in circles does not count as movement; you must be able to relocate from one position in the game world to another, using only the mouse. The mouse was originally developed to reduce the amount of keyboard pounding required to produce...
  7. D

By mouse control I mean mouse control of movement forward and attack. I know you can turn yourself around with the mouse; that's not sufficient. In "Warband" you can move with the right mouse button and attack with same. The battles are extremely realistic and detailed and may involve 100...
  8. D

Thanks for the information. I will NOT be playing this game. Since I got it as a birthday present I guess I won't be getting my money back either. I WILL be telling my friends and associates about this fatal game flaw, hopefully saving them their money. My opinion of programmers too lazy to...
  9. D

Am I the only one who can't play this game with a mouse? I'm starting this thread because I've gotten no help elsewhere. CDProjectred has not replied to my question, nor has anyone else on this forum. I cannot play the game with mouse control. The game does not give me the option. When...
  10. D

Will there be a Patch 1.4?

I don't know if this is the correct subject for me to post in, but I've got a serious problem with the game. It will NOT allow me to select mouse control of the game. I played the original "The Witcher" with mouse control with no problems. "The Witcher 2" doesn't give me the option. I've...
  11. D

Welcome to the new thewitcher.com!

I can get back easily enough. All I have to do is go back to my original e-mail notification and click the notification site message. What I don't understand is "WHY" I have to do this. My opinion is that, for whatever reason, you guys are going out of your way to mke this formerly open and easy...
  12. D

A new reason to hate this--new-- forum. When you hit enter it kicks you out of the topic and back to the forum main page. With about 2000 topics to pick through.
  13. D

Testing...testing...1, 2, 3. Can anyone see this? What happened to the delivery date of first quarter of 2011?
  14. D

Misspelt??? Didn't know they had one. I'm not the only one, I believe. As to what came before; I got my first PC in 1990. I got a book on DOS 5 at the same time. I learned DOS thoroughly: how to figure config.sys. well enough to have 600Kbytes of conventional RAM left when all my drivers were...
  15. D

One thing they could add to this forum that would be very useful to all of us would be an automatic spelling checker, like the ones built into every word processing program.
  16. D

Well....Before this new format was laid on us I was able to do that. This is why I don't like the new format. I am unable to use it nearly as well as the old. Ever present, also, is the probably baseless fear that if I do take the time and effort to learn this one, they'll just change it...
  17. D

Could we possibly start a topic titled "Whatever"?
  18. D

No, no, no. Seeker IS God.
  19. D

Well, the red print is an obvious referral to the Bible. Whenever God (or Jesus) was directly quoted, it was printed in red. At least it was in my 57 year old copy of Saint James's version of it. So, I say continue to pour it on, lads, staying entirely ON TOPIC. In a few pages they'll be begging...
  20. D

Oh God; it's the red print. On topic it is.
Top Bottom