Search results

+
  1. I

[mod] Hi-Res Character Models (NPCs, Monsters, Animals)

Looks like sharpen and a bit of a noise filter.
  2. I

Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut

Yeah definitely, it's important to note that you can still get the directors cut content for free if you buy EE. I got it off of steam no issue myself.
  3. I

Not ATARI!

Heh witcher is more popular in mainstream type environments than I thought. Personally though I got the riddick dark athena off of direct2drive and had no issues with the DRM thusfar, I put in my key clicked activate and it was done. And if I recall correctly, that game wasn't cracked when it...
  4. I

Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut

the directors cut has the 1.5 patch on the disc + it uncensors the game content which really just amounts to some models like bruxa/alps/dryads being proper and some changes to most of the sex cards.
  5. I

Not ATARI!

Install limits have little to do with resales. CD keys/online accounts quite easily prevent the resale of PC games. What the install limit does do is stop you from sharing your copy of the game with all your friends.Anyway, I've never have an issue with DRM. Yes it doesn't stop pirates entirely...
  6. I

[ACT I] She's no early Bird (Vesna)

You're supposed to go there at sunset, not midnight.
  7. I

Not ATARI!

EA isn't that bad, even the DRM isn't too obtrusive.
  8. I

TW2 - Assassins of Kings "leaked footage"

I always found that most of my lag issues came from the effects (Fire, magic etc) which couldn't be changed at all with settings.
  9. I

Re-censor Witcher

Well if you bought the directors cut then you're out of luck, guess you'll have to put up with nude dryads/alps/bruxa.I doubt anyone's bothered making a mod with the proper files to recensor the game, as generally it's always been the other way around.
  10. I

[GENERAL] Who do you support - Squirrels or Knights?

-She sold the poison to Ilsa, profiting from her death.-Had a doll resembling Odo in her hut.-Offered sex to Geralt in exchange for protection and allegedly did the same to Haren
  11. I

Re-censor Witcher

Interesting request.I suppose it depends on which version of the game you have. AFAIK the directors cut patch is seperate from the 1.5 patch so if you have either retail or the steam version of the enhanced edition you can always reinstall the game (be sure to backup saves first).
  12. I

The Witcher 2 Combat System --- WHAA??

Depends how they do it tbh. If it becomes an excercise in trial and error then it will be a bad experience but if it's more of a "cinematic opportunity". Failing the quicktime events shouldn't fail the fight. (Which judging from the trailer, it doesn't)
  13. I

[GENERAL] Who do you support - Squirrels or Knights?

In my current playthrough I did, although I only did so because I hadn't done it on my previous two playthroughs. Personally I always found Abigail to be the lesser evil, although she certainly wasn't innocent.
  14. I

Witcher class in Oblivion

I'd use:Blade, Destruction, Alchemy, Light Armour, Acrobatics, Sneak and Athletics.As it seems to me Geralt is more about dodging attacks rather than blocking them.
  15. I

The Witcher 2 Combat System --- WHAA??

Personally I love the combat in the Witcher. Sure on it's most basic level it's just clicking and choosing the appropriate stance, but on harder difficulties there's all sorts of Potions, Oils, Bombs, Signs and Dodging that all play a part in whether or not you survive. I find it entertaining...
  16. I

[General] How To Avoid Acid Bath Fighting Bloedzuigers!

Don't stab them on the ground. What I do is either I Leap away (attack until they start their death animation then run away) or just use Quen and shield myself from the blast. Once you learn how to spot their death animation it's qutie easy to avoid the effects.
  17. I

Did any other modders panic when they saw the video?

I don't think you have anything to worry about, I'd say the second game is still 2 years off.
  18. I

Does the game really take 80 hours to beat?

I'd say it's easily a minimum of 60 hours if you do every sidequest (first time through of course, so expecting a few deaths and occasionally being a bit confused by a quest.)Plus there's a few adventures bundled with the latest release which will add a dozen hours or so of gameplay and this is...
  19. I

[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

That wasn't Geralt, it was a unknown witcher.
  20. I

Will I enjoy The Witcher?

Trade quarter and Old Vizima are simply so laggy because there's sometimes 30 NPC's on screen at times, with a lot of fighting going on in Chapter V.Even my beastly rig that runs Crysis at 30 FPS at high settings lags there, it's more of an engine limitation than a gameplay flaw.
Top Bottom