Search results

+
  1. G

Medallion sound missing

Medallion sound missing I installed the Witcher 2 on my laptop and noticed that the sound which the medallion makes on being activated is missing everywhere except a few select locations in the game. Does anyone else have this problem?
  2. G

Sequel idea: Live action cinematics?

Sequel idea: Live action cinematics? These days many games use CGI cinematic sequences for intros, outros and even interludes. Over the years they've been getting more and more realistic in the visuals. Watching the Witcher's outro got me thinking: if they're looking for realism, then why not...
  3. G

Hilarious exploit: unlimited ingredients!

Hilarious exploit: unlimited ingredients! Earlier this day I started my third playthrough. At the end of the Prologue when Vesemir told me that if I botched up Triss' potion I could get more ingredients from the witchers it got me thinking: what if I just dropped the ingredients and asked for...
  4. G

Walkthroughs for the new Adventures

Walkthroughs for the new Adventures Before starting an adventure I normally glance through the walkthrough so I know where the important choices are. Unfortunately the five adventures that came with the 1.5 patch didn't come with walkthroughs. 'Blight of the Bogs' doesn't really need one, and...
  5. G

Book covers of different editions

Book covers of different editions The Witcher books have been published in several languages in many countries, and the cover illustrations vary from country to country. Inspired by a suggestion from another thread, I start this thread so we can display and compare the cover illustrations of...
  6. G

Vanished 1.5 problems thread

Vanished 1.5 problems thread Only yesterday I'd posted my problem on the 'Patch 1.5 problems and solutions' thread and today it's gone! It's nowhere in any forum and if I try to go to it using my web history it says 'An Error has Occurred! The topic or board you are looking for appears to be...
  7. G

The other witchers

The other witchers At the end of the Prologue, the witchers split up and went their separate ways to seek out the Salamandra. It just so happened that Salamandra ended up being headquartered in the kingdom Geralt chose to go to and therefore only he was able to recover the witchers' secrets...
  8. G

Elven civilization

Elven civilization Both the Saga and game maintain that the Elves had an advanced civilization and that many human cities are built on Elven ruins. This has left me a little confused with regard to the short story 'The Edge of the World' in 'The Last Wish'. There the Elves are depicted as...
  9. G

Eye textures

Eye textures For a game that's faithful to Sapkowski's works in most other ways, I was confused as to why Geralt is the only witcher in the game with mutated eyes. All other witchers in the game have normal eyes. Eskel said that all Witchers have mutated eyes to see in the dark, and it's...
  10. G

Deception walkthrough

Deception walkthrough At present is there a walkthrough for the Strands of Neutrality: Deception Adventure?
  11. G

Larger Yrden circle

Larger Yrden circle Normally I don't use Signs much besides Aard and Igni, but lately I've been experimenting with the Yrden and I've found that it's not very useful when I'm facing 3 or more opponents. This is because the small size of the circle makes it difficult to trap more than one enemy...
  12. G

[mod] Flaming sword icon on hard

[mod] Flaming sword icon on hard I played the Witcher in 'easy' mode and found the monsters too easy to beat. For a better challenge, I tried the hard mode but I found it frustrating; not because of the tougher monsters but because the lack of the 'flaming sword' icon made it difficult to...
  13. G

About Witchers' ability to 'feel'

About Witchers' ability to 'feel' While publicising this game CDProject have repeatedly mentioned that Geralt is different from other witchers because he can feel emotion while the others are jus cold killing machines. I find that rather misleading because from what I have seen, emotions are by...
  14. G

Possible mistranslation?

Possible mistranslation? There's a little line in the English version of The Last Wish that's had me puzzled about it's meaning for a while now, considering my knowledge of the lore from that book and the game. Just a paragraph above Nivellen says that monsters have been dwindling in number...
  15. G

Nuisance of the Bounty Hunter

Nuisance of the Bounty Hunter In most RPG games, it is possible for the player to kill non-hostile NPCs like soldiers and guards. You may get in trouble for it afterwards, but it's nothing that will seriously hamper your gameplay. Not so in the Witcher. If you kill a single uniformed guard...
  16. G

Faithfulness of the Alchemy system

Faithfulness of the Alchemy system The alchemy in this game is quite varied in terms of combinations and the various kinds of greases, elixirs and mutagens available. That led me to wonder how accurate it was in this regard compared with the books. Are all the potions and oils taken from the...
  17. G

Geralt's death improbable?

Geralt's death improbable? At the end of the last book, Geralt dies from a pitchfork to the gut. Considering that witchers are known to have remarkable healing powers and are capable of surviving worse injuries than any human, how could he have died of such a (comparatively) simple wound? In...
  18. G

The secrecy of Kaer Morhen

The secrecy of Kaer Morhen According to all the Witcher books as well as the game, the location of Kaer Morhen is a secret known to very few that aren't Witchers.For a long time, I've been scratching my head over this. How the hell can it possibly still be a secret when only a few decades ago...
  19. G

Witcher magic

Witcher magic I understand that while ordinary people consider Witchers to be sorcerers, there's a huge gap between them and real sorcerers. Neverthless they can use magic. What magical powers do the Witchers possess, exactly? What are the other Signs besides those in the game? Who invented the...
  20. G

Humble Request: Armor mods

Humble Request: Armor mods I've played a few other good PC RPGs before the Witcher, and I particularly enjoy that aspect of the game where my character finds new and superior weapons and armour on his journeys. I realise the Witcher isn't meant to be that kind of game, but nevertheless I found...
Top Bottom