Search results

+
  1. S

The Witcher 3 vs Dark Souls 3

I'd say Witcher 3 IS a better game, no doubt, W3 is my favorite game...but Dark Souls is really something too. It's a phenomenal series. Dark Souls 3 may have had some problems, but the adventure of that game in and of itself--wonderful. Loved it. Frustrating? To be sure. But if that is making...
  2. S

Witcher 2 Import

Well, that's too bad! I do prefer Witcher 3, but I have played Witcher 2 so many times. Too bad I lost all my old saves when my old computer crapped out. I guess I'll just jump back to Witcher 3 and get to the expansions. Those small changes seem pretty minor. I was hoping for something like in...
  3. S

Witcher 2 Import

Witcher 2 Import So, I never got to import the Witcher 2 save I had as I lost its file. I just got to Loc Muine again (Witcher 2 obv), and I am kind of losing steam, and I want to get back to Witcher 3 and do a new game and hit the DLCs. My question is this: is there ANYTHING I can gain from...
  4. S

The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

I finished it not long ago too, and I have to say, though it took me a year, this game is amazing. One of the best games I've ever played. CDPR really are a great company. The game is phenomenal for a number of reasons already mentioned, though I will say as I am replaying Witcher 2 right now...
  5. S

Tomb Raider won instead of The Witcher 3? WTH?

The outcome of Junior's quest--the decision Geralt has to make, his ties to Ciri, that was good storytelling. Moments with Zoltan, a point where he thought he overstepped his bounds, and Geralt can tell him he isn't angry, the relief in Zoltan's response has particular pathos between the two...
  6. S

Tomb Raider won instead of The Witcher 3? WTH?

Well, I have to say--I don't know about this specific award, but I think some of these people are nuts. I listened to the Giant Bombcast awards a couple of months ago and how they said the best part of the Witcher 3 ended with the Bloody Baron and the game wasn't so good because its story lost...
  7. S

Importing saves, modding? Tech help?

Thanks, I'll go and check it out. And you know what? When I was writing my first book--same thing. Virus wiped it out my first full draft like a week after I completed it. Talk about deflating. I'm sorry that happened to you too.
  8. S

You know, it's probably just a bitter taste in my mouth now, it's a pretty significant loss (to me), but I didn't see the mod on Nexus, and I'm a bit weary of going elsewhere. I have my suspicions that the virus that imploded my computer was from downloading mods--I really hadn't downloaded...
  9. S

I just tried to download the debug console mod (that's the only way right?) and 1.10 has stopped it from functioning. I'll be honest, I think I'm done. Thanks for the help guys, it's a great game--but this is too much of a reinvestment of time for me.
  10. S

Will do, thanks for the advice, and thanks for checking, I do appreciate it!
  11. S

Lieste, I thought about that once, asking if there was a way to get back to the point I lost through gamesaves but I realized my game was probably so vastly different from others it would not be worth trying to match. If there is a way to find a save before the General (I am open to just doing...
  12. S

I don't know anyone who plays. That's unfortunate. Well...I guess I'm not going to see how this ends. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the DLC! Lol I should have bought it on Steam, all my Steam games saves were backed up. I have a lot of time on Metal Gear and luckily lost none of it. I'm...
  13. S

Importing saves, modding? Tech help? Hey everyone, I had a save game of the Witcher 3 of 100 hours I was slowly working my way through this summer and fall (I don't get much time to play so it took awhile), and I haven't beat the game yet; well...I got a virus, and I realized Gog doesn't have a...
  14. S

Concerning GPS and hand-holding

I'm not really sure why people don't listen to the argument--you can have BOTH. Right now the game is ONLY built for GPS. We would like the option to be able to play without it, realistically. Have characters in game give us directions. I'm not sure why this is hard and we have to keep rehashing...
  15. S

Hell, it could be less than that sometimes too. Sometimes questgivers could be like "I don't know, check the cemetery west of here." And leave it at that. Or even "I heard it was around town somewhere." Leaving you to search everywhere around town. Depending on the quest sometimes you get...
  16. S

I agree. I am playing the original Gothic again for the first time in years, and characters actually give you instructions on how to get around and find things. They tell you to look for landmarks. This was a complaint back in the days of Oblivion I had, and I remember friends of mine saying...
  17. S

[Spoiler] Battle for Kaer Morhen is insane!

Jeezus, just the title of this thread is a spoiler.
  18. S

Fool's Gold - Quest breaking bug. Unable to progress

Has anyone found a fix to this? Yontek is stuck in a permanent state of fear for me as well and nothing will fix it. Not reloading earlier saves or anything.
  19. S

Pam pa Ram Pam Pam param!

But the fact that Dandelion is a bard who is often avoiding trouble and not really a fighter, I always felt like the name fit him well. He talks a big game but rarely backs it up it seems, but when Geralt needs someone to really count on Dandelion is always there too. He is a complicated...
  20. S

Pam pa Ram Pam Pam param!

Right, at first, it is like he is being called Poopy or something. But I have read the fan translations so I am used to it, and it goes right by me now, and Dudu is a euphemism that is hardly used so it is easy to look over. Dandelion is a Sapkowski invention too right? People complain a lot...
Top Bottom